Crowds at Spring Break/ Easter

rvchat

DIS Veteran
Was thinking of a one/two day trip April 24/25th which is

the end of the rush right?

What do you all think? I can't go after the 26th, but if it's still REALLy crowded, I'll take a pass....

ty:surfweb:

What do you all think? I can't go after the 26th, but if it's still REALLy crowded, I'll take a pass....

Easter Weekend is part of the school vacation week for most of us in the North East. (we go back to school the day after Easter), so I would say it is going to be very crowded.

"crowded" is going to be all about perspective... example.. I was in the "Hub" @ Magic Kingdom this past NYE when it (the Hub) closed to capacity around 8ish... DH had left the hub to use the restroom, and was not even allowed back on it was so tight!!!. with that said, it will take ALOT for me to ever feel crowded again in MK!!! :) )

seriously, I think *most* people would describe the Easter Week time period pretty crowded.

According to Touring Plans the crowds don't lighten up until Thursday after Easter.

Hi, EASTER falls on April 24th this year. So that is probably the LAST day of most of the vacation weeks in the Northeast. The 24th will be crowded being EASTER. But I think with EASTER being SO late, the week after EASTER will not be as crowded as it usually is,because when EASTER falls earlier in April more schools have the week AFTER EASTER as vacation week. Joan

We've been the week after Easter several times, as well as the week before. And we've also been in May and November.

And honestly, we didn't see that much difference. Its ALL about the planning. I repeat, if you have a plan and stick to it - and I DON'T mean commando!! - it wasn't bad at all!

We go at opening (or hour before on property) use FP religiously, follow the guides that y'all have helped assemble, and have never had a problem doing all we want to do.

My philosophy is go when you can. Its better than not going at all!

Our area of NH is off April 24th through May 1st. I'm expecting level 8-9 crowds. I hope I'm wrong!

Have been numerous times at spring break; if you arrive early and hit the big rides first, you won't wait long. We've never waited more than 20 minutes (we actually refuse to!). Any time of the year is managable if you arrive early, ride during parades/in the last hour of ride opening etc. :thumbsup2

Agree with Kath: get to the park as soon as it opens and utilize the early magic hours. My kids didn't like getting up so early but they loved the relatively short waits at the parks. You'd think people would wise up to this but they all start waltzing in around 10am. :confused3

Go early it makes a difference!

One more thing: GO EARLY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter