• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crowds are back

edillen3953

Earning My Ears
Just arrived yesterday. MK today and the. Roads were back. Nothing like the low crowds reported on last week. Was not horrible but was hoping for the low crowds others were reporting. Hot ticket rides had about an hour wait. Others 15-30 minutes.

Just arrived yesterday. MK today and the. Roads were back. Nothing like the low crowds reported on last week. Was not horrible but was hoping for the low crowds others were reporting. Hot ticket rides had about an hour wait. Others 15-30 minutes.

Between free dining, LM rooms and Halloween, plus the first week of school is over, so yes, crowds are bound to go up.

we were there last week and the crowds were definatly lite. i don't think we waited more than 15 mins for really anything, some had no wait. our last day at mk was friday and i did notice the crowds were getting heavier but still not that bad.

Interesting. I thought the crowds were supposed to be really low this week. Maybe its just the weekend?? We were at epcot on thurs and soarin was showing 5-10 min standby time all day.

Hopefully you'll get some low mid week crowds

Crowds will still be low this week. But I don't think there's a slower week in the entire year than the week after Labor Day. If it wasn't so stinkin hot, I'd totally be there that week every year.

Today was a weekend day plus an EMH night at Magic Kingdom. The "low crowd" posts from last week seemed to come from a Tuesday or Friday morning when MK closed early for MNSSHP. I think it is probably apples to oranges.

We were there last week and the crowds were super low...we followed the recommendations for the parks each day and went to rope drop. I think that helped too. Also, I did notice that the crowds were definitely higher on the weekend than during the week.

Have a great time!

Just wrapped up EMH at MK tonight and the MK was crowded. Not unmanageable at all, but way more than I was hoping for. 30 minutes at most attractions (45 at Peter Pan). We're going again Tuesday, maybe it will be lighter?

I know several people pulling their kids for a week trip this week. Here in NY we have a 4 day weekend for the jewish holidays so people were going Friday or Saturday and staying anywhere from wed to Sat. That would explain why crowds might be a bit higher other weeks at this time.

We decided to go to Epcot for a little while last night. Arrived about 7:30. Decent crowds in world showcase. Future World was pretty dead and we were able to walk on rides. Fireworks crowd was a good size.

We are going back to Epcot today and will post crowd levels later. We will also be doing MK again later in week so I will be checking those crowds out too.

It's been my experience that MK should be avoided on Sundays and Mondays. Not surprising to me at all that you found it crowded.

It's been my experience that MK should be avoided on Sundays and Mondays. Not surprising to me at all that you found it crowded.

Uh-oh, we're headed to MK on Monday too. In the AFTERNOON!!! LOL* I hope that it's not elbow to elbow...the Husband gets cranky but I'm hoping he will be under the Disney spell and it won't bother him so much! :)

I've never seen the bigger rides have less than an hour wait (other than early mornings or parties) even on 1 out of 10 days. We were at DTD yesterday and it was DEAD. It was eerie. :cool1:

I've never seen the bigger rides have less than an hour wait (other than early mornings or parties) even on 1 out of 10 days. We were at DTD yesterday and it was DEAD. It was eerie. :cool1:

YAY! Let's keep posts like that coming! LOL* Although that's DTD...I am wondering if it's going to stay busy in the parks next week with the coming of the Food and Wine Fest.

We were at MK Sunday a week ago (9/9) and had very low crowds. Our longest wait was 15 minutes at Jungle Cruise during the evening emh. Didn't need to use a fastpass for anything and most rides were walk on or a 5 minute wait. We even slept in and got to the park around 10:30, ate lunch around noon, and still had everything done, except for JC, by the time we left for dinner at 4:10.

MK on Sunday for evening EMH was horrible! We are staying at POP and it took us an hour to get back to the resort because of the enormous line waiting to return! I have never seen it that bad. And most of the rides at 11:30pm still had 20 to 30 minute waits or longer... Oh well for it being helpful to stay on-site:(

lillykat said:
I know several people pulling their kids for a week trip this week. Here in NY we have a 4 day weekend for the jewish holidays so people were going Friday or Saturday and staying anywhere from wed to Sat. That would explain why crowds might be a bit higher other weeks at this time.

Yup- Jewish Holiday. A bunch of my teacher friends from NY went to Disney for a long weekend. Hopefully the crowds will die down.

MK on Sunday for evening EMH was horrible! We are staying at POP and it took us an hour to get back to the resort because of the enormous line waiting to return! I have never seen it that bad. And most of the rides at 11:30pm still had 20 to 30 minute waits or longer... Oh well for it being helpful to stay on-site:(

EMH nights always seem bad to me in the slow season. The other parks close early, so what else is there to do? We avoid EMH now, even in the mornings. It's a good marketing technique for Disney, but not something we've found really useful for ourselves (with the exception of night at Epcot, when we just want to hang out in World Showcase and eat/drink).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter