Crowds April 18-24th - Spring Break?

marielynn724

DIS Veteran
I was just reading some of the threads about the insanity that the crowd levels have reached this week due to spring break. I was just wondering, since Easter is so early this year (April 4th) will the spring break rush be over by the week of the 18th-24th? Are there any schools that have their break that late? It's my honeymoon and I'm hoping it won't be such a madhouse. I tried to purposely push the dates back a little bit when I first made my reservation.

I know New England public schools (at least Massachusetts) have that week off. That Monday (April 19) is Patriot's Day, the first day of their week off. I imagine there are few if any colleges out for much of that week.

We're going that week, and the crowd calendar doesn't look too bad. I think it will be manageable.

I know New England public schools (at least Massachusetts) have that week off. That Monday (April 19) is Patriot's Day, the first day of their week off. I imagine there are few if any colleges out for much of that week.

We're going that week, and the crowd calendar doesn't look too bad. I think it will be manageable.

The county that I teach in has Spring Break that week. We are going to WDW, actually ;) However, ours is late and I think most other GA schools will be back in session by then.

The county that I teach in has Spring Break that week. We are going to WDW, actually ;) However, ours is late and I think most other GA schools will be back in session by then.

Us too! We are going and I hope it isn't too bad.

We'll be there! 4/13 - 4/24

We are traveling with best friends and their family of 6.

We personally know 7 other families from our school district that will be there the week we have off, April 18 - 25.

The family we are traveling with knows quite a few families going down from their school district because the school baseball team is going.

Maine and Massachusetts are both that week. (I guess because we used to be part of Massachusetts? Carries over 200 years later to school vacations. :confused3)

We'll be there too 17th-24th!! I am counting the days to this much needed vacation! My life has been a roller coaster the last month and I just need to be at the happiest place on earth to escape from all this!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everyone will be there that week....LOL:scared1:

I will be there the 20th to the 30th....Hoping crowds arnt that BAD!!!

It's our spring break too. We will be there 20-28 April and I'm watching the crowd calendar. So far the highest is one '7' day! All the rest are 4s and 6s! I think I can handle that one '7' day! :yay:

Alot of schools do not tag their spring break to Easter anymore..March and most of April is filled with Spring breaks.Some weeks are busier than other, others less so.

We've gone the last two weeks of April 3 times in the past 6 years (and again this year). It's always crowded, but not as crazy as Easter week would be.

The key is to get into the parks early and do as much as possible in the first hour or two. By then the parks will be crowded and you'll need fastpass whenever possible.

Watch the dates for early closing at the MK though, there were grad nights and or corporate events there when we were there in the past that we had to plan around.

We will also be there that week. I was surprised too because I thought we would be missing the spring breaks, but when I made my reservation I too was told it was New England Spring Break.

This is going to be a pretty relaxed trip for us, so we can deal with whatever. I just hope it is nice and warm to swim (and hit the beach for a day) but not too hot. That was the whole reason we decided to give April a try!

oh God.... I'm not really feeling better about this now. I was supposed to get married in May but it didn't work out, now I'm really wishing It was a few weeks later :headache:

oh God.... I'm not really feeling better about this now. I was supposed to get married in May but it didn't work out, now I'm really wishing It was a few weeks later :headache:

I am not trying to sound mean...But it is what it is.Much like the weather,You can't change it, so roll with it. I am sure you will have a fabulous time.

I agree...you freaker-outers shouldn't worry too much. :rotfl: I think it's going to be busy, but not ridiculous. And just because a couple states have their SBs then doesn't mean they are all going to WDW. I don't know anyone going that week except on the boards here.

We'll have a great time that week!!!

We'll be there that week. Yes it is MA vacation week and yes, we've gone that same week 2 years ago, 3 years ago (didn't go last year as I had a baby the week before).

Yes, it is busy, no it isn't crazy...in my eyes. I've been there when it's crazy (close MK crazy), I've been there when it's slow, I've been there when it was middle of the road.

We're a family that utilizies fast passes, ADR's and gets to parks early. I downloaded eticket to use on my iphone this year to check ride wait times, etc...it'll be an interesting trip to have that right at my fingertips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter