Crowds and Lines for Jan 2-7

seema

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in Orlando on Jan 1 and leaving on Jan 7.

What will be the crowd levels on Jan 2 through to Jan 7? Would the crowds during this week be among the sparsest during the whole year?

Are there certain times on those days that lineups will be shorter?

My family and I will be there on the 6th and 7th. I'm not sure what to expect with crowds; however, I have noticed they recently reduced the hours for the Universal park. I think this is a good sign.

since the castle tours during that time period you will be there begin at 4:00pm, i'm thinking there will be crowds.......

like damo stated, last year that first week in january had its crowds.
it will probably be like that also in '12.

We were there last year at that exact time. Jan 2 - Jan 9. First two days at US/IoA, the final 5 days at WDW. The crowds were MUCH heavier than I had hoped for. 2 hour wait for Harry Potter, etc... We purchased the express pass and made the best of it.

WDW was also extremely busy but we managed. We've been there early/mid December and walked on almost everything (Riding Test Track 3 times in a row because nobody was waiting). It was definately not like that. Good luck!

I was there on the 5th and 6th this year. The Studios park wasn't that crowded, lines were 0 - 15 minutes for the most part except Rip Ride Rock It, IoA was much more crowded. Most lines were 30 - 45 minutes except Forbidden Journey, it was posted at 120 minutes (we used single rider and waited 20 minutes). The stores in the Wizarding World did not have lines to enter but were so crowded you could barely walk in them.

If you plan on visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, plan on getting there as soon as the park opens or at the end of the night. That's generally when the lines are the shortest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter