Crowd Pictures!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. While those type of crowds aren't for me, like PP said if you know how to tour you can still have a good time.
But I'll stick to sl0wer times

That last pic is what it looked like late morning or early afternoon when we were there last month. It actually doesn't look too bad. Definitely make sure you have small kids by the hand when going through there with all the cross-traffic. I wonder how much better that would be if Splash and BTMRR were split up like they are at DLR.

Just looking at these photos gives me bad nerves. Please reassure me it won't be like that in September. I know what the crowd calenders are calling for I just need some DIS reassurance. :crazy2:

Like most DISers I am savvy enough to maneuver and tour around crowds like that. But crowds AND heat AND premium pricing as a triple-threat combo doesn't interest me.

It's not a matter of being "savvy" enough. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that summer is gonna be hot and crowded. But for some (like us) summer is the only time we can go as a family. My husband and sister both work for the school system and summer is what works for us. I've never been any other time so it is normal for us. It certainly toughens you up! Would I love to go some other time? Of course! But I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. In a perfect world we would go the first week of December for our anniversary.

Just looking at these photos gives me bad nerves. Please reassure me it won't be like that in September. I know what the crowd calenders are calling for I just need some DIS reassurance. :crazy2:

It will look nothing like that in September.

:scared1::scared1::scared::crazy2::faint:

While I'm sure you can have fun in those crowd levels, it's definitely not for me. I'll stick with the slower times if we can.

Dan

Anyone got any pics of the last two weeks of august?? Weve only ever been late september but will be august next year! We are not looking forward to huge crowds!!

It's not a matter of being "savvy" enough. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that summer is gonna be hot and crowded. But for some (like us) summer is the only time we can go as a family. My husband and sister both work for the school system and summer is what works for us. I've never been any other time so it is normal for us. It certainly toughens you up! Would I love to go some other time? Of course! But I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. In a perfect world we would go the first week of December for our anniversary.

Not sure what you mean, but by "savvy enough" I mean that one knows enough about establishing a pattern of touring that won't lead you into the teeth of a crowd like that. :confused3

Oh I get it that some folks can only go in summer. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. ;) Since I can be a little bit flexible I can avoid times like these

Anyone got any pics of the last two weeks of august?? Weve only ever been late september but will be august next year! We are not looking forward to huge crowds!!

These are not specifically crowd pics, but they are from the last two weeks of August. We are not RD people, so while I can't remember exactly what time they were taken, I know they were not first thing. I am glad the OP had a great time, but I think I would definitely feel claustrophobic in those crowds! We did arrive one year on July 6, but that year the 4th was early in the week, a Tuesday maybe, and the crowds by the 7th were bad, but not that bad.

momto3gr8boys said:
These are not specifically crowd pics, but they are from the last two weeks of August. We are not RD people, so while I can't remember exactly what time they were taken, I know they were not first thing. I am glad the OP had a great time, but I think I would definitely feel claustrophobic in those crowds! We did arrive one year on July 6, but that year the 4th was early in the week, a Tuesday maybe, and the crowds by the 7th were bad, but not that bad.

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ccookie49/media/Photo0011_zpsc4ec3830.jpg.html

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ccookie49/media/Photo0043_zps4dfdeb08.jpg.html

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ccookie49/media/P8230182_zps4674523f.jpg.html

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/ccookie49/media/P8270244_zps478ee212.jpg.html

Thanks so much it makes me less scared!!! Brilliant pictures :)

So glad we are going in Mid-November, soooo couldn't handle those crowds. Hate Christmas shopping at the mall let alone that mess. People there at that time are some brave people. :)

We are heading to WDW the 2nd & 3rd week of August...these photos are scaring me...I sure hope it's not this bad...we have gone in September, but since dh is in school, we have to go this time..yikes...please tell me it won't be this bad...

Those crowd photos are pretty intimidating! The crowds are bad enough but combine that with the heat and I run the other way. Sadly, I have always wanted to go on the 4th of July and also Christmas. Next year I would love to do the 4th of July and just do Epcot for the holiday events there. What scares me is that 4th falls on a Friday next year. Does anyone have Epcot photos for the 4th of July this year since that is the park I will be focusing on.

I can do crowds or I can do heat/humidity. What I cannot do is both at the same time. Those two factors together equal, well let's just say I turn into a not so pleasant person. May is as late as we'll go towards summer and October is the earliest we'll go after summer. For those of you who brave the crowds during the brutal Florida heat and humidity, I tip my hat to you as I just cannot do it.

For another perspective this was early December 2011 about an hour after rope drop in Frontierland. :thumbsup2

nL0OpaP.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter