Crowd Outlook

Pretty soon people are going to start asking you cite your sources on trip reports.
If someone was asserting that Disney was failing based on their vacation, (and i don't rule that out based on some posts on these boards) then i would absolutely challenge them. If they said they had a terrible vacation there's nothing to pull into question.

To sum it up, have your opinion. Just don't make things up out of thin air to make yourself feel better

Not calling you out, just in general

there is a bit of a difference since one can be measured and compared (Genie+ cost), and the other (hotel room occupancy) just being a self proclaimed travel agent who's in deep with the mouse.
I do know there is a bit of difference. At the same time as far as forecasts go for the future you will never get data actual data til after the fact.

My intention was never to pass what I posted as fact. It was more for discussion purposes. This is the rumors board afterall.

I will add that what I miss about when I first came here is people would discuss rumors and were more open to discussing them.

I do know there is a bit of difference. At the same time as far as forecasts go for the future you will never get data actual data til after the fact.

My intention was never to pass what I posted as fact. It was more for discussion purposes. This is the rumors board afterall.

I will add that what I miss about when I first came here is people would discuss rumors and were more open to discussing them.
that's fair, but when people provide information to dispel that rumor that should be taken into account, there is a lot of field goal post moving when it comes to rumors because people aren't simply saying hey i heard this rumor. it seems to be more of hey i heard this rumor and i will defend it to the death

that's fair, but when people provide information to dispel that rumor that should be taken into account, there is a lot of field goal post moving when it comes to rumors because people aren't simply saying hey i heard this rumor. it seems to be more of hey i heard this rumor and i will defend it to the death
i feel at times; that people come in here to vent a little or post something they've heard, and the "well actually guy" at the party shows up.

i get what you're doing. I'm a member of a political discussion group on another forum, and we all do that. It's a more of a fact base discussion.

This forum is about a theme park and its business. There are a lot of emotions when it comes to it because of the money spent and memories made.

I dont understand why we have to "defend things to the death here". i think its going to run posters off.

i get defending your opinion, but the citing sources and all of that........just have fun.

We all want disney to be better and succeed. We all have different opinions on how things are at disney, and how they can improve (everyone can improve, the parks and company are not perfect).

I promise you, i'm not trying to be rude; im just trying to have an open discussion.

i feel at times; that people come in here to vent a little or post something they've heard, and the "well actually guy" at the party shows up.

i get what you're doing. I'm a member of a political discussion group on another forum, and we all do that. It's a more of a fact base discussion.

This forum is about a theme park and its business. There are a lot of emotions when it comes to it because of the money spent and memories made.

I dont understand why we have to "defend things to the death here". i think its going to run posters off.

i get defending your opinion, but the citing sources and all of that........just have fun.

We all want disney to be better and succeed. We all have different opinions on how things are at disney, and how they can improve (everyone can improve, the parks and company are not perfect).

I promise you, i'm not trying to be rude; im just trying to have an open discussion.
So if I’m understanding you correctly, I should only reply to agree with someone, and not comment if a disagree? I mean if you’re looking for a sounding board I wouldn’t choose a public forum. Just ignore the comments you don’t like if that’s the case, I feel like these boards are designed to have discussion and if facts can shed light on some things I don’t think that’s the end of the world. Just like you don’t think it’s the end of the world to riff. In the end it’s all good, just don’t expect to go unchecked if you say something that can easily be proven false.

Rumors are all good, you just have to be open to having them dispelled

So if I’m understanding you correctly, I should only reply to agree with someone, and not comment if a disagree? I mean if you’re looking for a sounding board I wouldn’t choose a public forum. Just ignore the comments you don’t like if that’s the case, I feel like these boards are designed to have discussion and if facts can shed light on some things I don’t think that’s the end of the world. Just like you don’t think it’s the end of the world to riff. In the end it’s all good, just don’t expect to go unchecked if you say something that can easily be proven false.

Rumors are all good, you just have to be open to having them dispelled
That’s not at all what I said.

I have no issues with disagreeing and discussion.

But lately it feels that if a poster brings up that Disney stopped selling a product, and they have an opinion as to why they did, someone ask for a source for their theory.

I agree with that. When I posted about it being the lowest it has been in awhile, it was for the holidays and into spring next year. It seems they are not getting as many out of state families visiting they would like.

We won't know till the spring quarter to know the full data.
the problem with that; is that you're only going to get actual hard data on numbers from disney, and you arent going to get that.
IMG_0637.jpeg
Available room nights has settled in to pre-covid trends. This means DVC is back to 2018/19 booking Levels.

IMG_0634.jpeg
2023 Booked Room Nights will settle in higher than 2022. 8600ish vs. 8200.

2024 will need to see less than 7900 Booked Room Nights to dip into the post-2008 market crash fallout and below 6500 to fall to 2 decade Booked Room Night lows (Ignoring 2020 and 2021).

Further to this discussion on hotel bookings and attendance, Disney still has a park capacity reduction of 25% vs pre-Covid. This will also mean Disney has to temper hotel demand. They currently do not want the parks and hotels at 2018/19 levels.

That’s not at all what I said.

I have no issues with disagreeing and discussion.

But lately it feels that if a poster brings up that Disney stopped selling a product, and they have an opinion as to why they did, someone ask for a source for their theory.
I think a lot of people push back with actual numbers, data, ect. and then people backfill, make things up, move goal posts, which in turn makes the person challenging them ask them to name sources. It seems to be a vicious cycle

Disney still has a park capacity reduction of 25% vs pre-Covid. This will also mean Disney has to temper hotel demand. They currently do not want the parks and hotels at 2018/19 levels.
I don't follow all the blogs/news for Disney, and missed the info on the 25% capacity reduction, is that due to staffing shortages, or a charge-more-for-fewer-guests business model? I believe I heard Disneyland still has staffing challenges, but assumed WDW was back to staff capacity?

I don't follow all the blogs/news for Disney, and missed the info on the 25% capacity reduction, is that due to staffing shortages, or a charge-more-for-fewer-guests business model? I believe I heard Disneyland still has staffing challenges, but assumed WDW was back to staff capacity?
Little bit of both to answer your first question. During one of the earnings calls they admitted to a maximum guest capacity of around 80% full in the parks during peak times.

To the second part it may actually be the inverse, Disneyland had been closer to being at full staffing capacity than Walt Disney World. But also easier for Disneyland when you compare needing 30K+ vs almost 80K castmembers.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people push back with actual numbers, data, ect. and then people backfill, make things up, move goal posts, which in turn makes the person challenging them ask them to name sources. It seems to be a vicious cycle
It can be a viscous cycle. As far as future rumors it's really hard to back it up with data and numbers. While I was just quoting the information, it may not be a 21 year low but no one can deny the forecast looks rosy either.

I don't deny the parks are busy right now. At the same judging by dining availability and resort availability tells me while people are still going they are finding ways to cost so they can visit.

For me, I want to see the parks struggle, it's mainly cause my hope is they will go back to what I liked about the parks. World of Motion overlay of Test Track is a start. It's those dark rides what I liked about Disney. IMO they aren't good with doing thrills or coasters. Leave them to parks that can make them with G forces. Go back to attractions with lots of AAs not screens.

For me, I want to see the parks struggle, it's mainly cause my hope is they will go back to what I liked about the parks. World of Motion overlay of Test Track is a start. It's those dark rides what I liked about Disney.
I've always said a SW dark ride should have been a no-brainer. Inspire the next generation of SW fans plus eat crowds. Just think what a team of Imagineers could have created..

A ride without height requirement is desperately needed at SWGE.
oh man...that would be awesome. i mean, the possibilities.

i really like a lot of the new star wars stuff..but id love to see a dark ride in regards to the originally trilogy. it could be done and somehow tie it in with SWGE.

oh man...that would be awesome. i mean, the possibilities.

i really like a lot of the new star wars stuff..but id love to see a dark ride in regards to the originally trilogy. it could be done and somehow tie it in with SWGE.

I'd like to see it as an Epcot style "educational" ride, "History of the Galaxy" and it could take us through the entire timeline like Spaceship Earth, obviously focusing on the major events as depicted on film. Just imagine: "What appeared to be a minor political skirmish at the time, the blockade of Naboo...." "But disaster struck! The Jedi Temple falls to the 501st legion!" "A band of brave Rebels successfully stole the plans...." Man, that would just be amazing!

I'd like to see it as an Epcot style "educational" ride, "History of the Galaxy" and it could take us through the entire timeline like Spaceship Earth, obviously focusing on the major events as depicted on film. Just imagine: "What appeared to be a minor political skirmish at the time, the blockade of Naboo...." "But disaster struck! The Jedi Temple falls to the 501st legion!" "A band of brave Rebels successfully stole the plans...." Man, that would just be amazing!
yeah..take my money for the lighting lane on that one. that sounds awesome.

Touring plans was within striking distance of where they thought crowds would be. Columbus day is typically a busy holiday weekend/ week
We took my grandaughter last week with park days on Friday and Saturday. We spent last year same weekend at Disneyland. Disneyland was way busier but Disney world was still busy. Because I had my son and his two "new kids" that are 7 and 10. we park hopped to get them the most rides in those two days.

Friday- went to MK and early entry we rode, 7 dwarfs, Space, HM and Thunder. Stacked our genie+ for Epcot that night. Bought Tron but it broke down so got refunded. Rode the big 3 for us in Epcot- TT, Soarin and Remy that night and watched the fireworks.

Saturday- oh what a day. Early Entry to Studios, did runnaway railroad, slinky and TSMM right off the bat. Did ToT before lunch, hit R&R after lunch. Hopped to AK and paid for FoP, then waited 45 minutes for Killamajaro Safari. Hopped to MK where I had purchased Tron. Was able to get it in before the fireworks.

Busy two days, and costly, but we rode everything we wanted to but Guardians. Could only buy two rides on Saturday so FoP and Tron won out over Guardians. Would have paid for it too if I could have had 3. Ate at Tony's (disappointed after being surprised by it last trip) and Sci Fi (still best burger in the parks IMO).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter