Crowd Outlook

Not denying it. I know I am lol I also agree with others that are saying that "normies" don't know Epic Universe even exists. Not all of the lands have even been officially confirmed yet.

Once the ad campaign kicks in, then they'll join me in being excited for Mario!

Once it gets within a year of opening people will start to pay attention. Most haven't planned all vacations for this year, most have barely looked into next , 2025 forget it way to far and too much can change.

Once it gets within a year of opening people will start to pay attention. Most haven't planned all vacations for this year, most have barely looked into next , 2025 forget it way to far and too much can change.
I know back when Islands of Adventure was being built, they did some publicity for it in USF so maybe they'll do the same for Epic Universe? Agreed that it's too early for people to really be paying attention.

I've looked into vacation for 2024 - too early to book flights for the fall so I have to wait :L

The weird thing is that they made an initial announcement (with the overlay) that showed ALL of the lands that would be included.... but didn't announce anything specific. Since then I think they've mentioned specific lands in earnings calls and that's about it. Meanwhile, theme park nerds have figured out the entire layout and produced computer-generated ride POV vids that likely match the final layout of some of the rides. We get regular updates on how construction is going from Bioreconstruct. Nothing from Uni though.

BTW, I thought the initial announcement was more recent but I just double checked and that first announcement came four years ago. There's a very good reason there hasn't been much hype about this recently!

The weird thing is that they made an initial announcement (with the overlay) that showed ALL of the lands that would be included.... but didn't announce anything specific. Since then I think they've mentioned specific lands in earnings calls and that's about it. Meanwhile, theme park nerds have figured out the entire layout and produced computer-generated ride POV vids that likely match the final layout of some of the rides. We get regular updates on how construction is going from Bioreconstruct. Nothing from Uni though.

BTW, I thought the initial announcement was more recent but I just double checked and that first announcement came four years ago. There's a very good reason there hasn't been much hype about this recently!
all i'm saying is that when HP and SW were announced nobody forgot, there was never a lull, word of mouth was EVERYWHERE, marketing wasn't needed with the exception of letting people know when they planned on opening. EU is not that haha

all i'm saying is that when HP and SW were announced nobody forgot, there was never a lull, word of mouth was EVERYWHERE, marketing wasn't needed with the exception of letting people know when they planned on opening. EU is not that haha
Wizarding World was announced a couple of months before the final book was released and opened up the summer before part 1 of the final movie. There was a ton of word of mouth because they made the smart decision to go all in right in the middle of all the hysteria surrounding HP. Galaxys Edge was announced a few months before TFA was released. The whole thing about marketing not being needed is that they had movies and books doing the marketing legwork. You were going to watch the movie or read the book then you would visit the branded land (yes I know Batuu isn’t in the movies).

Which is to say I don’t quite understand why Uni didn’t use the Mario movie to constantly remind people that they’d get to immerse themselves in lands dedicated to Mario and Donkey Kong in Orlando soon. But that’s been a weird issue for them lately, they waited awhile to formally announce Velocicoaster too. That one was under construction for well over a year before they finally announced it and opened up the following spring.

Wizarding World was announced a couple of months before the final book was released and opened up the summer before part 1 of the final movie. There was a ton of word of mouth because they made the smart decision to go all in right in the middle of all the hysteria surrounding HP. Galaxys Edge was announced a few months before TFA was released. The whole thing about marketing not being needed is that they had movies and books doing the marketing legwork. You were going to watch the movie or read the book then you would visit the branded land (yes I know Batuu isn’t in the movies).

Which is to say I don’t quite understand why Uni didn’t use the Mario movie to constantly remind people that they’d get to immerse themselves in lands dedicated to Mario and Donkey Kong in Orlando soon. But that’s been a weird issue for them lately, they waited awhile to formally announce Velocicoaster too. That one was under construction for well over a year before they finally announced it and opened up the following spring.
I do understand why they do that way. It's the way majority of parks announce new attractions. Doing it that way avoids a lot of the issues Disney faces when they announce new attractions before their is shovels in the ground.

I do understand why they do that way. It's the way majority of parks announce new attractions. Doing it that way avoids a lot of the issues Disney faces when they announce new attractions before their is shovels in the ground.
They already announced the park and an opening timeframe.

I agree that timing helped especially with HP. SW anywhere anytime would have been HUGE forget a movie release coming out around it. It wouldn’t have mattered. If EU needs that much attention it probably isn’t what you think it’s going to be, don’t get me wrong it’s a great addition. It just isn’t going to be a world beater IMO

I'm from the Northeast and I am an outlier amongst friends in that I am even willing to step foot in the state of Florida right now. So many people see the entire place as an ongoing hate crime due to Desantis. That's got to account for some of it. (Edited to note that I don't condone any of his garbage policies.)

Really wish the Orlando area were its own little city-state like the Vatican. I can't even bring up Disney to people around here without getting side eye.

I'm from the Northeast and I am an outlier amongst friends in that I am even willing to step foot in the state of Florida right now. So many people see the entire place as an ongoing hate crime due to Desantis. That's got to account for some of it. (Edited to note that I don't condone any of his garbage policies.)

Really wish the Orlando area were its own little city-state like the Vatican. I can't even bring up Disney to people around here without getting side eye.

I agree that timing helped especially with HP. SW anywhere anytime would have been HUGE forget a movie release coming out around it. It wouldn’t have mattered. If EU needs that much attention it probably isn’t what you think it’s going to be, don’t get me wrong it’s a great addition. It just isn’t going to be a world beater IMO
IMO it will be. It sounds like it will be similar to a lot of European parks. Well themed with good thrills to go with it.

I am also from the Northeast and don’t care what’s going on in the state. No one around me seems to worry about it either. I’m headed down this fall and am planning three other trips for family and coworkers

IMO it will be. It sounds like it will be similar to a lot of European parks. Well themed with good thrills to go with it.
If it’s like Nintendo in Hollywood, I would describe it as opulent but lacking substance. That’s typically how I feel about Uni anyways. The rides they get right remind me of 6 flags, the rides they get wrong just make it feel cheap, there is a mix of both all over there parks in every “land”. For instance fast and furious v velocicoaster haha

If it’s like Nintendo in Hollywood, I would describe it as opulent but lacking substance. That’s typically how I feel about Uni anyways. The rides they get right remind me of 6 flags, the rides they get wrong just make it feel cheap, there is a good mix of both all over there parks in every “land”. For instance fast and furious v velocicoaster haha
From what's been rumored the Nintendo Land at EU will be much bigger and better as they have more space. They are adding a Donkey Kong area along with Mario.

I think the new park will be more Velocicoaster level than Fast and Furious. As someone who loves coasters, I like that Universal has some intense ones to go along with their theming.

If it’s like Nintendo in Hollywood, I would describe it as opulent but lacking substance. That’s typically how I feel about Uni anyways. The rides they get right remind me of 6 flags, the rides they get wrong just make it feel cheap, there is a mix of both all over there parks in every “land”. For instance fast and furious v velocicoaster haha
It’ll be expanded. SNW in Hollywood has about half the space of the version in Osaka and is missing one ride (a tame Yoshi family ride). It’s kinda cramped as a result but they’re working with the space they have. Orlando gets the Osaka Mario section along with a Donkey Kong area that will also be opening in Osaka next year. The family coaster they’re building for that area might end up being the headliner attraction if they get it right.

The one thing I feel they’re really trying with this one is doing a more effective job separating the “lands” so it’s less of a chaotic mess, more like MK.

As people have stated, the opening is still 2 years away and for a lot of people that is to far to care. My brother who is a big theme park person has does not care about it yet because he is planning the rest of this summer and where to go to next summer. I think people are just out of sight out of mind right now as 2 years is a long time and they have other vacations they are doing first.

Super Nintendo World will definitely be the big draw with Harry Potter being a close second. I am hopeful How to Train your Dragons land will be good as i like those movies but I've never had an interest in classic monsters, so that land will need to wow me for me to care. I am someone who would rather have IP over no IP but I think it is a bit risky going with Monsters and How to Train Your Dragon as neither are big draws.

As people have stated, the opening is still 2 years away and for a lot of people that is to far to care. My brother who is a big theme park person has does not care about it yet because he is planning the rest of this summer and where to go to next summer. I think people are just out of sight out of mind right now as 2 years is a long time and they have other vacations they are doing first.

Super Nintendo World will definitely be the big draw with Harry Potter being a close second. I am hopeful How to Train your Dragons land will be good as i like those movies but I've never had an interest in classic monsters, so that land will need to wow me for me to care. I am someone who would rather have IP over no IP but I think it is a bit risky going with Monsters and How to Train Your Dragon as neither are big draws.

When it gets closer Nintendo World will be a huge draw, so much nostalgia for adults and Mario is still huge with kids today.

I think the whole park has huge potential since Universal as shown they can up their game with Harry potter sections, and even velocicoaster. Heck even making converting shrek and stuff around to make minion land. They are getting more cohesive lands and a bit more storytelling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter