Crowd numbers in March??

Tab2Disney

Mouseketeer
I dont usually worry about the crowds because we aren't traveling in the busier times of year. But I have noticed that, having moved our yearly spring vacation from April to March has put us in a week that has all 8's and 9's on the Touringplans crowd calendar.
Is there really something major going on March 23 - 27 that causes the numbers to rise?

Yes, March is prime spring break season, for college as well as primary schools. Even though Easter is late next year, it will still be really busy in March. Also, from what I can tell, the busier it's supposed to be, the higher the prices for resorts.

That's a very popular spring break week. Our spring break almost always falls in that timeframe. It seems the economy has improved and more and more people have discovered what a great time this is to go weather wise. I love going then, but do wish it wasn't quite as popular.

At least one of the local school districts (Orange County) have spring break that week. That will bring in some locals.

Our Spring Break is the week before, and we are going in 2015. We are used to going during the busy Summer months, so I'm not really worried. The crowds just don't bother me. However, I saw a picture of MK on a 10 day where the park closed temporarily, and that looked terrible.

Our Spring Break is the week before, and we are going in 2015. We are used to going during the busy Summer months, so I'm not really worried. The crowds just don't bother me. However, I saw a picture of MK on a 10 day where the park closed temporarily, and that looked terrible.

That's for sure. The difference between an 8 or 9 and a 10 is HUGE. I can do 8s or 9s with rope drop, a touring plan, and reasonable expectations, but a 10 is a whole different thing. Parade time, for example, is like Times Square on New Year's eve. It's too much for me these days.

Popular summer week times and spring break have fairly similar crowds. And the nice weather at spring break just makes that such a great time to go.

That's for sure. The difference between an 8 or 9 and a 10 is HUGE. I can do 8s or 9s with rope drop, a touring plan, and reasonable expectations, but a 10 is a whole different thing. Parade time, for example, is like Times Square on New Year's eve. It's too much for me these days. Popular summer week times and spring break have fairly similar crowds. And the nice weather at spring break just makes that such a great time to go.

I'm a little worried it may be too cold for us. We're from Texas and have found the summer weather to be fine. I know it can be chilly here during Spring Break, or it can be in the high 80s. I get the feeling Orlando is the same. I just hope it's not cold.

We are at the start of the Spring break timeframe which is the week of March 10th. That's the first week the crowd calendars are up and continue through Easter. Generally the response on the boards are that crowds continue to build and peak the week before Easter.
With that being said, in 2011, we were in Disney World the week of April 10-15, with Easter being April 24th that year. I was prepared for the worst, but have to say it wasn't that bad. It was like a typical summer day. Each day the parks seemed to be fairly slow the until about 11am, then it was crowded. Just take advantage of the first couple hours of the park openings.

I dont usually worry about the crowds because we aren't traveling in the busier times of year. But I have noticed that, having moved our yearly spring vacation from April to March has put us in a week that has all 8's and 9's on the Touringplans crowd calendar.
Is there really something major going on March 23 - 27 that causes the numbers to rise?

I know that's Okaloosa County spring break here in Florida, and me, DH, and DS will be in Disney during that time.

Thanks for all the info, I sure was hoping it would change:confused3
I guess I just hadn't really thought about spring break in March.
Might be a reason to thing about hopper passes and picking a cool resort to hang out at too!
Drinks by the pool sounds relaxing!!:cool2: Lets cross our fingers for quieter pools?
What are the least likely party resorts? Our original idea was Boardwalk... We haven't ever stayed there before. Beach and Yacht seem like the pool area would attract a lot of attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter