Crowd Levels Mid/late August

warriorboy648

Mouseketeer
I was wondering what the crowd levels in Aug are like. I have only been to Disney in April when schools are out.

Also, can you tour the parks in the morning or is it unbearable all day?

:cheer2:

We usually go to Disney in August. Last August we were pleasantly surprised at how empty the parks were. This was around the middle of August. Most rides were a walk on in the mornings, and fast passes didn't run out for quite a while. The crowds were not nearly as bad as I'd imagined.

We usually did a lot of the parks in the mornings yes, then headed back to the hotel for a nap when it gets busier and hotter around 1pm. The weather in the mornings was bearable for us.

I agree that the crowds aren't bad. How are the April crowds? The mid to end of April for this year is when I am questioning? It will be the week or 2 after Easter.

I am considering WDW either the week of the 12 of August followed by the 4 day cruse on the 19th...

Or doing the cruise on the 26th follows by the parks into early September and have the same questions...

how hot is hot?
will they offer the free dining like last year?
I have to decide on dates soon as the cruise prices seem to rise by the day!

Crowds are relatively big. I thought they were smaller than they were in June.

This year they will be a lot bigger than us August vets are used to as many schools in tha south are going back to school much later than usual, including Florida.

Hot as in fry and egg on the sidewalk, drink water every three steps, i think I'm going to bake to death hot. Go early, leave in the afternoon when it's getting really hot and crowded. Go back to the resort and swim and relax and then head back out for the evening. Park hoppers are a must in August.

I'll be there this year again! Sweating right next to a billion strangers! :teeth:

Free dining is likely, though we're not sure to what extent. Our friends across the pond were already able to book it and guests that were there at the end of 2006 got dibs too, so it might be harder to get this year.

It will be a lot less crowded in September so go then if you can.

The heat isn't unbearable as there is AC about ever 5 feet. Just drink a lot of water and take it easy.

We went this past August and I was pleasantly surprised. With the use of fastpass and EMH's we had no problems and rarely waited more that 15-20 minutes for anything. I agree with the above posters that an afternoon break is a needed. That being said we will be back Aug 7-18 this year.

the last week in august is a great time to do for low crowds. Sure it is hot, but make a good plan and everything will be fine. My dd and I have gone this time for the alst five years and had a great time.

FL public schools can no longer start earlier than two weeks prior to Labor Day. Most counties are going back around the 20th. My sister is in Palm Beach County and they go back on August 22nd, much later than in previous years. I've heard that TX passed the same law and a few other southern states that have normally gone back to school in early August. No change here in GA, we go back August 6th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter