Crowd levels around March 11-19

kailuagirl

DIS Veteran
Our spring break is March 14-18 so my sister is thinking of taking the kids. What do you think the crowds are like around that time? How's about typical hours? We're not sure when Cali schools are on break or others. This would be their first time going and she is really having to talk her DH into it, but they can go another time too, he just finally said yes so she wants to go for it. I recall last year spring break times were crazy, but I can't remember when. I checked getawaytoday and alot of places are already sold out when I entered the 14-19th as the dates.

Thanks for any input :) I appreciate it!!

Our spring break is March 14-18 so my sister is thinking of taking the kids. What do you think the crowds are like around that time? How's about typical hours? We're not sure when Cali schools are on break or others. This would be their first time going and she is really having to talk her DH into it, but they can go another time too, he just finally said yes so she wants to go for it. I recall last year spring break times were crazy, but I can't remember when. I checked getawaytoday and alot of places are already sold out when I entered the 14-19th as the dates.

Thanks for any input :) I appreciate it!!

I ran your dates through the touringplans site and came up with this:

Crowd levels 1 (anybody here?) through 10 (can hardly walk it's so crowded).

March
11th 1
12th 9
13th 9
14th 8
15th 8
16th 8
17th 8
18th 8
19th 9

:donald:

We went during Spring Break a few years ago. We know it will be busy. It is what it is. It didn't bother me much as I'm pretty organized with getting Fast Passes. And staying at the Grand - it's just a hop skip and a jump for a rest mid-day. To me - better to go and have it busy than not go at all! :)

Spring Breaks seem really spread out this year, so I am hoping it won't be as bad as it has been in years past (since last year seemed to be around Easter Time), but...

We're going the week of March 21st (probably using our hoppers Tues - Fri). I am getting really nervous :scared1: that it's going to be wall-to-wall people. I've done everything I can to beat the crowds (plan to do early mornings during the week only, bought ridemax, staying close to park, etc), but I am afraid grumpy DH (who I had to work hard to convince to go) will have a coronary when he sees the crowds.

I haven't had this much axiety from planning a vacation in a long, long time. I am trying to be cool about it, but the more I read on here, the more freaked out I get!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some calming words, please... :sad2:

That week is Spring Break for most of Texas.

& the last time we went to DLR that week it seemed like half of AZ was also enjoying Spring Break at DL that week.

AZ....is that your week this year?

(if so, ALOT of folks from AZ & TX will be there)

Am I the only one who think it's silly to have 'Spring Break' when it's still Winter? :cold:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter