crowd calendar-- whose right??

No one is ever right 100% of the time. That would be expecting a bit much, IMO.

I tend to go with easywdw.com. Using his descriptions of each day's predicted crowds and his rationales for his park recommendations helps me understand his reasons, and makes it easier to understand the problems I may face if I choose to go to a NOT recommended park.

easywdw - hands down! We have used his calendar picks for the last 3 trips (or maybe 4) and have been amazed!!

I can pretty much guarantee that whatever park you are at, will be the busiest. And then if you leave to go to another park, that park will then become the busiest. Unless I happen to be at the parks the same time, and then the park I am at, and the ride I am in line for will be the busiest.

For the most part, unless you are talking about a 3-5 point swing, you won't be able to tell the difference. And that Epcot can handle an extra 5-10,000 people much better than DHS can.

Remember, that simply by telling people a particular park won't be crowded, you increase the crowd at that park and decrease it at others. If no one had told you a given park should have been less crowded, would it still have seemed less crowded when you are there? To quote Yogi Berra "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.".

thanks for all the input.
I will choose easywdw when they disagree.
Some days they agree on best park, some days not.
I don't plan to park hop.
One could easily drive themselves crazy planning!

I have used them all. Not really sure I can tell a difference one way or the other. If I was local I could evaluate better but I am not.

I still keep my subscription to touring plans and I do check their calendar, but find that Josh at easy is much more accurate now. I have said it before but when touring plans changed the way they measured the crowd calendars I feel they became inaccurate.

I can pretty much guarantee that whatever park you are at, will be the busiest. And then if you leave to go to another park, that park will then become the busiest. Unless I happen to be at the parks the same time, and then the park I am at, and the ride I am in line for will be the busiest.

For the most part, unless you are talking about a 3-5 point swing, you won't be able to tell the difference. And that Epcot can handle an extra 5-10,000 people much better than DHS can.

Remember, that simply by telling people a particular park won't be crowded, you increase the crowd at that park and decrease it at others. If no one had told you a given park should have been less crowded, would it still have seemed less crowded when you are there? To quote Yogi Berra "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.".

Yep:thumbsup2

I had huge conflicts between TP and easywdw during my August trip. I followed my gut and went with Josh and it worked out great. Granted, I didn't park hop, so I don't know if TP was right as well, but Josh was not wrong with his prediction of manageable crowds.

Used his cheat sheets too and they were awesome.

I had the same conflicts and I could never tell a difference. But I went early in the morning so I avoided most crowds anyway.

Another vote for EasyWDW. Although if you make rope drop and get out of the park in the early afternoon, you will almost always be able to do everything you want.

We will make rope drop! Can't waste a minute when it costs so much to go.

I am mainly worried about the first weekend due to cheer competitions and the next weekend.
valentine's day is friday and saturday is president's weekend.
I think mid week will be okay.

All the dinner ressies for BOG are gone too!! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter