Crowd Calendar question

ChasingLeslie

DIS Veteran
I'm planning my trip for July 2016. I already booked a reservation/package, but my dates are flexible. I can't help looking at crowd calendars and second guessing.

It's summer and it's always going to be busy. Would there really be a noticeable difference between a crowd level seven and a crowd level eight? Is it worth it to push our vacation back a week? This would make it mid-July and further away from the 4th of July crowds...but it would mean that we wouldn't be there for our anniversary, like I planned.

Thoughts?

Not sure of your exact dates, but I would avoid the week of July 4th if you can.

Not sure of your exact dates, but I would avoid the week of July 4th if you can.
We are going for eight days. I have the 6th through the 13th booked (almost did 7th through 14th).

4th of July is a Monday and our anniversary is July 8th (Friday). If I changed dates, it will probably move to a Crowd 7 on July 12th.

Unless you are there in the week of the 4th, the rest of July is basically going to be just the usual 'summertime' busy - which means super (non - holiday) crowded!!
And HOT!!

No there's no reason to push your trip back at all. It'll be crowded no matter when you go in July. Only reason you'd want to push it back is if you'd be going on 4th of July. But since your not, don't worry about it.

You won't notice a difference between a crowd level 7 and 8. It's just speculation anyways. Just be prepared for big crowds and the heat

If it makes you feel any better, we went last July and it was actually less crowded and cheaper than our September trip. Free dining, MNSSHP, more schools offering fall breaks, and the increasing popularity of Disney in general have made the fall a very crowded time to go.

You will have a great time in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter