crowd calendar for Universal

Jenn M

Mouseketeer
Is there any place to find a crowd calendar for Universal Studios? Thanks! I have family going on April 15-17th of this year.

if you want to know what UO projects the crowds to be on a certain date, look at the epp cost calendar.

gives you an idea of what to expect crowd wise by epp costs.

if you want to know what UO projects the crowds to be on a certain date, look at the epp cost calendar.

gives you an idea of what to expect crowd wise by epp costs.

Can you be a little more specific. I am sorry, but I cannot find this. Does that mean to check the Universal Orlando website? Then what? Thanks!

Interesting that Spring Break week (I am there April 1-3) is listed as "busy", not "very busy".

epp costs for that time period is:
$70 for both parks.
$60 for IOA
$40 for the studios

(actually all the costs above are one penny less. rounded up for simplicity)

looks like crowds for IOA and low moderate crowds for the studios.

Sunday
April 1, 2012

$69.99* $59.99* $39.99*

Monday
April 2, 2012

$69.99* $59.99* $39.99*

Tuesday
April 3, 2012

$69.99* $59.99* $39.99*

The first week of April should be the busiest Spring Break week in Orlando. Some of the people who make the crowd calendars don't factor in annual variations of spring break schedules. According to DISboard polls (with large samples), this year 23.5% of people have spring break the first week of April (the busiest week of the poll), compared to 14.5% in 2011 and 21% in 2010.

Express pass prices confirm this should be the busiest week.

Thanks so much for the great resources! I have been wondering if a crowd calendar for Universal existed, and now I know. My family will be in Orlando June 2-9. We are going to Universal and IOA for the first time ever. I have in my plan for us to do US on Monday 6/4 and IOA on 6/5 because I read that it is best not to visit either park on a weekend. However, based on the Express plus pass prices, it looks like Sunday 6/3 would be a good day to visit. So, my question for the experts is this, which day should we go to IOA (because Harry Potter is the main reason for visiting). And to a lesser degree, does it matter which day that week to visit US? Thanks in advance!
Karla

if the epp is low, then that is a future indicator that crowds will be low.

sundays can be a slow day for the parks.

as long as it is not part of a 3 day weekend, sundays can be good.

FYI Universal recently shortened their park hours for a bunch of dates this month. If you're going soon, definitely double-check their official hours: http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Theme-Park-Hours.aspx

PS. Along the same lines, Universal is opening and closing unseasonably early a bunch of times in April and May. Again, see their schedule if you're planning a trip -- when IOA opens at 8:00am, Early Park Admission folks get in at 7:00am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter