Crossroads..Good for first night??

RachaelAitken

Mouseketeer
Me again, Second question of the day!!
By the time we reach villa, unpack etc... we will be pretty tired. Can anyone advise me what restaurants/ take outs are available at the crossroads area which is close to our villa.
Also if there is a supermarket there just to pick up some quick essentials..milk, cereal etc... We plan on doing a big shop at publix or walmart the next day once back in the land of the living!! My kids will be 6 and 3 so it would need to be somewhere child friendly.i

The crossroads area is a busy collection of shops and restaurants. Don't know them all off the top of my head, but supermarket is a Goodings (bit expensive IMHO, range is fair though).

Restaurants include McDonalds, Perkins, Pizza Uno & TGIF. There is an Olive Garden on the end of the block, near to Palm Parkway and that means passing a Burger King too.

Not sure what your palate is, but hope that gives you a starter... ::MickeyMo

Hi.

We went to Red Lobster,TGI Fridays and Perkins at Crossroads when we visited in December.I recomend the Red Lobster,great food and service with out being to expensive.My girls were 5 and 8 years old and were made very welcome.The Goodings super market will be usefull for essentials,save the big shopping for Walmart or publix.

Hope this helps.

Jon. :wave2:

We liked Goodings so much that we even travelled there from International drive this year when we did not stay at Disney. They have a real good choice of fresh food. We love Jungle Jims, TGIF and Cheveys. Enjoy

Susan

Haven't used them myself, but while researching our upcoming trip, I read that there is a Winn Dixie supermarket near Crossroads - it is apparently less expensive than Goodings.

hi. if you are staying at indian creek,you are a lot closer to the 192 than the crossroads area,there is a shopping area at the top of the road you turn down towards your villa. there is a winn dixie supermarket,also if you go back to the 192 and turn left there is a publix,on the 192 there are numerous restaurants and fast food places. soleil

RachaelAitken said:
Me again, Second question of the day!!
By the time we reach villa, unpack etc... we will be pretty tired. Can anyone advise me what restaurants/ take outs are available at the crossroads area which is close to our villa.
Also if there is a supermarket there just to pick up some quick essentials..milk, cereal etc... We plan on doing a big shop at publix or walmart the next day once back in the land of the living!! My kids will be 6 and 3 so it would need to be somewhere child friendly.i

Where are you staying Rachael? You may not have to go as far as Crossroads , for instance if you are staying near the Formosa Gardens area on the 192.

We are staying at Indian Ridge oaks... a first for us last time we were up on I drive. I am led to believe this is only a few minutes from the Disney gates but would love any feedback anyone has about it.

Every time when we stay at a Disney Resort Hotel we ALWAYS go to Goodings for our first night shopping and then a Walmart in the afternoon of the following day.

It might not be the cheapest by American standards but it's very convienient.

By the way, watch out for the shop assistant from the Bronx who will pack and take your trolley / cart to your car - she is VERY persuasive. I wouldn't row with her over a tip. :sad2:

David :wave2:

Is that the older lady with longish hair. We have had her twice. She carried DH's beers to the car and would not let her help and sure enough we gave her a big tip!

Still can't wait to see her again next year!

Susan

:earsboy:
RachaelAitken said:
We are staying at Indian Ridge oaks... a first for us last time we were up on I drive. I am led to believe this is only a few minutes from the Disney gates but would love any feedback anyone has about it.

Hi,

We stayed at Indiab Ridge a few years back. I timed it out at 7 minutes from the villa to the welcome arches on world drive.

Enjoy!

mark&sue said:
Is that the older lady with longish hair. We have had her twice. She carried DH's beers to the car and would not let her help and sure enough we gave her a big tip!

Still can't wait to see her again next year!

Susan

That's her !!!

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter