Crossroads Area restaurants

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
Hi there, we are planning an extended October trip and want to do some eating off site to keep the budget intact. I am able to drive to the Crossroads area and we often eat at Perkins but was wondering about other restaurants to the left or right.

If you have a favorite place in that area could you please share your experience and exactly if it is left or right and then on which side of the road? I am directionally challenged and need all the help I can get.

My hubby is a meat and potatoes type guy and I eat mostly low carb. Buffets are good. I saw a Golden Corral the last time I was there, to the right and on the left side of the road.

Thank you for any help.

SG/Linda

We always liked Uno's. They have great pizza. When we ate there in May, my mom got spagetti and a "giant meatball". The meatball turned out to be the size of a baseball! There is also a TGI Friday's. I don't know if Jungle Jim's is still there, we ate there a couple years ago. All those are in the shopping plaza. There's a Lone Star down the road and also an Outback behind the Premium Outlets.

Hmmm...about 10 years ago, we ate at Pebble's. I don't remember it being bad, so it must have been o.k.

About 7 years ago we ate at Jungle Jims and liked it a lot. Don't know if it's still there or not.

We've eaten at that T.G.I.Friday's before and it was fine....it's the same as all the other Friday's around!

Have Fun!

Debbie, I best leave the pizza alone. Have managed to lose almost 90 pounds and I am not going to put any back on. Have a long way to go to goal too. LOL Would you know how to tell me to find the Outback? Alice Springs Chicken is a good low carb choice. Do I turn left off the hotel street at Crossroads or right and what side of the road might it be on?

Marcy, thank you for reminding me about TGIF. I had forgotten about it.

Thank you both for your input. It will help me find some new places to try on our upcoming trip. It looks as though we will be there 15 days which will be a record for us. Too many good groups will be at the Eat to the Beat Concerts. LOL

SG/Linda

Originally posted by SlightlyGoofy
Debbie, I best leave the pizza alone. Have managed to lose almost 90 pounds and I am not going to put any back on. Have a long way to go to goal too. LOL Would you know how to tell me to find the Outback? Alice Springs Chicken is a good low carb choice. Do I turn left off the hotel street at Crossroads or right and what side of the road might it be on?

SG/Linda

Linda,

That's good that you stick to your diet, even on vacation. Congratulations! I lost 40 pounds on WW but gained 30 of it back little by little by saying "just this once".

To get to the Outback, turn right off of Hotel Resorts Blvd. Get in the left lane and make a left at the next light (Vineland Road). Follow the road past the Shrine Church & the Outlets to the back of the Outlets. There is a shopping plaza back there, including a Publix. The Outback is there also.

There is a Chevy's Tex Mex, there, too, I think. I know they have a website, as I've looked at their menu before. Might be another possibility for you! =)

Debbie, as I am older and have gotten a bit wiser (just a tiny bit) I regret to inform you that diets do not work. You have to change your evil ways and stick to it forever. It is amazing how much faster the pounds come back than they go off. This is the first time in my life that I have lost weight and kept it off and it is a constant struggle. Even with all this work I will never be thin but I am a whole lot better off than I was. I feel like carrying a 'before' picture around with me so people will know I am trying. LOL Thank you so much for the information on Outback. I know where the Publix is so even I should be able to find it. (grin)

Aimee, most mexican food is not too good for me but I do believe I saw some salads on the Chevy menu. Pebbles is quite good also but a bit pricey. Not as expensive as Disney though. :tongue:

SG/Linda

Not to ambush your thread about restaurants, but congratulations on loosing that much weight and keeping it off. I have lost 50 lbs which put me well in the range of my ideal weight range. Now I try to eat right and have a 10 lb range if I get close to coming up to that high number I am back on a STRICT diet. Unfortunately for me Mexican (TexMex actually) and Italian food are my two favorites and they are to say the least not diet foods.

I know you may not be interested in this restaurant (it's Italian), but Paesano's in the Crossroads Plaza is a great place to eat. It right next to the Gooding's supermarket. I thought others reading this thread might be interested.

Congrats on your weight loss!

psupple, thank you for your contribution. While it might suit me it is good to know and someone else might find it useful. I just plain hate getting on and off the interstate around DW. Too many people, like myself, who do not know what they are doing and too many close calls to suit me. LOL After many trips I have managed to find my way around somewhat and Crossroads is a place I am comfortable with, as long as others know which lane goes into the shopping center (LOL).

HockeyDad, congratulations on your weight loss and wise thoughts about keeping it under control. I hereby publicly apologize to all those slightly large people I used to make fun of cause they had a whole five or ten pounds to lose. You were right and I was almost dead wrong. (smile) I love Mexican and Italian foods as well and have come up with a few substitutes. Don't eat out much anymore except for vacation. I am watching a low carb cooking show right now. Making me hungry.

SG/Linda

Unos has a lot more than just pizza.
We have been there many times and have always gotten the pizza.
Now since we have started the South Beach Diet, we have looked at menus a little differently.
I would give Unos a try. At least stop and lookl at their menu. They have added a section of low carb options. And it was very good.

We always eat at Chevy's. If you like mexican, it is very good.

Kathy, be still my beating heart! Do you mean to tell me that there is such a thing as low carb Italian food? LOL Other than scraping the meat and cheese off a pizza there is nothing much like that here. Fazoli's advertises a chicken dish with sauce and cheese but I have not been able to try that one yet.

I like the South Beach Diet as well. I am having a bowl of blackberries for dinner tonight. They are in season such a short time that even if they are not quite OP I am willing to take the risk. LOL

Thank you for the info and I will check out their menu.

Have you tried Ruby Tuesday? They have an extensive low carb menu but I doubt some of the numbers. I make the fake cauliflower mashed taters all the time and for very few carbs but their version has, I believe, 11 carbs.

My take on a diet is that if you give up your favorite foods (and mine are all carbs) you are bound to lose weight. Meat, veggies and fruit make for a balanced diet IMHO. Just wish it would work faster. LOL

SG/Linda

My parents and I enjoyed eating at Pebble's this yr and the last couple of yrs too.

Sue, I thought that Pebbles had a very good and interesting menu. Well prepared and an upscale environment. Shame to waste it on my dh who loves huge helpings and a less formal space though. LOL

SG/Linda

Hey SG...Try this website http://www.orlando-lakebuenavista.com It has lots of maps for International Drive, Lake Buena Vista, and Kissimmee. Loads of info. It shows you whats along each road...restaurants, hotels, attractions, fun site to explore. Talk to you soon on EWP board!!! :thewave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter