Crossing the border

natkenicra

Earning My Ears
It's booked:cheer2: October 21-28 at the Campground:yay: I am so excited:woohoo:
I just have a question about crossing the border. Is it okay to take anything other than meat, veggies, and fruit? I'm thinking if it is in a box like granola bars that it should be okay? We have four little ones and I would like to take as much food and drinks as we can with us on our long journey to WDW.

Thank you for all your input and info, it is greatly appreciated:hug:

It's booked:cheer2: October 21-28 at the Campground:yay: I am so excited:woohoo:
I just have a question about crossing the border. Is it okay to take anything other than meat, veggies, and fruit? I'm thinking if it is in a box like granola bars that it should be okay? We have four little ones and I would like to take as much food and drinks as we can with us on our long journey to WDW.

Thank you for all your input and info, it is greatly appreciated:hug:

We have always found it sort of "hit and miss" at the border. We normally take very little with us and make a stop at a Super WalMart in the first day or two. Most staples are much cheaper south of the border! :thumbsup2

You can find a good summary here: http://consumerinformation.ca/app/oca/ccig/consumerChallenge.do?consumerChallengeNo=521&language=eng

Once in a while they come aboard and they check your refrigerator thoroughly. We once had our dog kibble taken . . . it contained a beef byproduct, they took a margerine tub of leftover chili (yup - ground beef) and a slice of leftover pizza wrapped in foil (yup - beef in the pepperoni) Common sense just doesn't seem to prevail at the border, so we simply don't bother.

We'll be there as well - October 20th to November 2nd. With any luck we'll be in the 700 loop.

Went over the border last October and this May with beef with no problems, I think if you google US Homeland Security that website will explain what you can or cannot bring over the border just remember you need a passport now.

We've never had a problem crossing the border. They are more worried about weapons, alcohol and tobacco (No-NO-NO!!!).We usually pack buns, luncheon meat, butter/marg, mayo and some snacks for the kids. We also have a couple boxes of juices boxes and tetra packs of juice and a case of water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter