• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crossing border for Syracuse flight

alianna

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip to Disney and our first time crossing the border for a flight :) my question is, when we get to the border is that the only time we go through customs? Do we just drive through like normal or will they pull us aside to check luggage? Just trying to get an idea on how long it may take crossing border(despite lines)
Thanks in advance :)

Yes once you cross the border in your car you don't have to clear customs again at the airport.

You drive across like normal, we personally haven't been pulled over for any extra check or have had any one check our luggage while driving across.

we personally haven't been pulled over for any extra check or have had any one check our luggage while driving across.

Our experience has been the same. So far, so good :thumbsup2 . But OP, its always a possibility that you will be pulled over for extra scrutiny....no matter which border crossing you use.

We love clearing customs in the car at the border vs. having to be at the airport super early to do so :) . So much nicer!

And if you have never flown from the Syracuse airport before, you're in for a treat. Its so small and easy to navigate. It has spoiled us, and made us not want to fly from Toronto ever again.

I'm with Gina! It's a great little airport.

Clearing customs at the border is MUCH easier and faster that at an airport. At SYR all you have to do is pass through security and you're ready to rock.

Have a great trip!!

Thanks everyone! Makes me so glad we chose Syracuse, especially since it's our girls, ages 5 & 7, first time flying. Not having to take them through a long customs line in the airport is a relief :)
It sounds like Syracuse will be our Airport of choice from now on!
20 more days!!!

We always fly out of Syracuse. We also always use the Best Western Collamer Circle to park and fly - even when we don't fly out until mid day. $129.00 and you can leave your car there worry free and take their shuttle to the airport. Great service and very worry free.

We have always driven to Buffalo to fly out of there instead of Toronto but the weather crossing at Fort Erie has been just awful in the past so we are considering Syracuse also....we live about 1 1/2 hours east of Gananoque (port hope) so it's about 3 1/2 hours to Syracuse for us....I might have to look into it for our Feb/March trip.

We have always driven to Buffalo to fly out of there instead of Toronto but the weather crossing at Fort Erie has been just awful in the past so we are considering Syracuse also....we live about 1 1/2 hours east of Gananoque (port hope) so it's about 3 1/2 hours to Syracuse for us....I might have to look into it for our Feb/March trip.

We live in Kingston! It's soo much easier flying out of Syracuse than Ottawa or Toronto, the airport is small and it's simple driving across the border!

We Live in Kingston also. Have been to Disney numerous times. Only ever been stopped at the border for extra security once. It only took about 20 minutes they searched the car and checked IDs. Really was no big deal.

We live in Sydenham and also fly out of syr. I love it compared to Toronto and Ottawa. Almost makes flying pleasurable.

We Live in Kingston also. Have been to Disney numerous times. Only ever been stopped at the border for extra security once. It only took about 20 minutes they searched the car and checked IDs. Really was no big deal.

Kingston here as well. seems to be lots of us or lots from around here anyways.
we had about the same experience in that we were only ever pulled over once. it was 20/30 minutes and all they did was check our passports. I think it was because we were traveling with our son and his 12 year old daughter. the agent may have felt it needed a closer look. didn't mind at all. would rather them be cautious than let a child cross illegally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter