Crossbody Bag Suggestions for parks?

BarbMike821

Painting the Roses Red
I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but I am looking for recommendations on a cross body bag to use in the park. Something lightweight with an adjustable strap that I can carry my kids autograph books, wallet and small point and shoot camera in. The last thing I want is for it to become the bottomless pit akin to Mary Poppins magical bag that holds everything included the kitchen sink (literally). I'm assuming I'll be able keep this on during the attractions. But all of my current purses are either too big or leather which isn't ideal for the parks. Any recommendations of durable ones to consider?!

Have you considered a mini backpack? I use one and it works perfectly for me, plus I have my hands free for dole whips and giant turkey legs.

I have one and I loathe it. I'm sure part of it stems from the fact our diaper bag is a backpack. But I'm not a fan. I'd rather have something I can reach into quickly than physically pull off my back.

I like the Vera Bradley Hipster if you want something very small (well, for me it's very small!) I used one last time we went to the parks and loved it. I left the diaper bag clipped to the stroller and just took essentials with me in my bag (wallet, small bag of wipes, go pro). I also like the Jujube hobo but it's definitely not a tiny bag. I like that I can fit a lot in it if I needed to, but don't have to. Plus I love all of the pockets and organization.

I have ordered the Eddie Bauer Stowaway Packable Sling Bag for my trip in August. It's very lightweight and folds up into itself but can hold a good amount. I keep my iPad, makeup bag, perfume, and deodorant in the big section. It has two smaller zip pockets in the front too.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link but they have them on Amazon for $30. They are marked down to $15 on Eddie Bauer's website sometimes.

I 2nd the Vera Bradley Hipster! I love it! I carry my phone, camera, wallet, umbrella, a sweater, chapstick, ect. It fits so much & has pockets so things don't all fall to the bottom. I got a great deal too by buying a pattern that was older.

I'm not entirely sure where to post this, but I am looking for recommendations on a cross body bag to use in the park. Something lightweight with an adjustable strap that I can carry my kids autograph books, wallet and small point and shoot camera in. The last thing I want is for it to become the bottomless pit akin to Mary Poppins magical bag that holds everything included the kitchen sink (literally). I'm assuming I'll be able keep this on during the attractions. But all of my current purses are either too big or leather which isn't ideal for the parks. Any recommendations of durable ones to consider?!
Have you looked on the Disney Store website? There are quite a few options that are cute. I have a Minnie Mouse cross body bag that holds my phone and cards, but is not big enough for an autograph book. I adore it. Let us know what you find and go with.

I love LeSportsac classic hobo bags for the parks. They have a nice wide adjustable strap so you can wear it cross body or over the shoulder. Its lightweight and they even have Disney prints.

This is one I was looking at but I didn't realize they had Disney prints!!?? I MUST FIND THESE!!!! :) Thank you!

I really like the LUG brand and they come in lots of sizes. I got the cable car for our next trip and it is large enough to carry my DSLR but very lightweight. I also agree with the Vera Bradley Hipster for days you are not carrying as much. However I think if you put two autograph books in there you wouldn't have room for much else.

I have a Bagalini cross body purse that is deceptively small for how much junk it holds-- I have to be careful not to load it up too much or it gets heavy! It has a bunch of pockets that all zip to keep things organized (For example, I can keep my chapstick and sunblock separate from my cash and coins. Very important for a germaphobe!). There are a few different styles and a few different colors, I got mine for about $30 at Marshalls a few years back, but I would even consider paying full price as it has been so useful and stood up to daily use for years now. Good quality!
I am a plus sized woman and the adjustable strap ensured a good fit for me or a friend taking her turn--Usually we pack one bag between us and take turns carrying it. I like to switch sides so it doesn't throw my back out of alignment. Like I said, easy to pack too heavy!

PS-- I have two larger Lesportsac bags in 2 different Small World/Mary Blair-inspired prints that I use for everything, they are great for taking to the pool/beach or to the store if you know you'll be shopping! Lightweight but strong and will dry out fast. :)

I love LeSportsac classic hobo bags for the parks. They have a nice wide adjustable strap so you can wear it cross body or over the shoulder. Its lightweight and they even have Disney prints.

This. I use my Small World LeSportsac every day in the parks.

iasw_shop_2367_01.jpg

Another vote for the VB hipster! It's a perfect size even to leave on while you're on the rides. Aside from the main compartment that has pockets, there is a zip pocket on the outside of one side and a pocket with a magnetic snap closure on the other side. I kept the side with the magnetic snap against my body and was super easy to keep pulling my cell phone in and out of. Also I have a longer torso and this one has a strap that can be adjusted long or short so it was perfect!

I have the eBags Piazza crossbody:

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/piazza-day-bag/94553?productid=1237312&sourceid=ADWPRODHB&couponid=94790994&gclid=CMH4lZ-SvM0CFU1bfgodVioMUw

I have it in black and it's my every day bag. I've taken it to various southern California amusement parks and day trips, and will have it during our WDW trip this November. Many months later and it still looks brand new. Nice wide strap makes it very comfortable on the shoulder/neck area. It's lightweight, made of durable nylon, and has a place for everything I need. Not a bottomless pit by any means.

I used the Disney Vera Bradley hipster. The fabric is really cute and lightweight. You can fit quite a bit.

I leave it on cross body to leave hands free. You can shorten the strap if you want to change things up and use it as a shoulder bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter