1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Cross stitch supplies

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by mom133d, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mom133d

mom133d Earning My Ears

What are your favorite places for getting your cross stitch supplies? My local choices are quite limited. I have a Michael's in the town where I work and one where I live. But it really feels like they have quit stocking supplies. The thread selection is small and of course the color I need is empty, and the hooks are almost bare.

There is a small shop that sells nothing but cross-stitch supplies but she is only open until 5 and closed on Sundays.

I have discovered everythingcrossstitch.com. And they really do seem to have everything. Any other good places?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mlb807

mlb807 Earning My Ears

Hi,

I buy most of my supplies online. There are tons of stores on the web. Some of my favorites are:

www.123Stitch.com
    www.stoneycreek.com
    www.kustomkrafts.net
    www.mysticstitch.com

There are more but I can't think off the top of my head. If you google cross stitch, you will find dozens. Joann Fabrics has a website and I have bought cross stitch there but you need to use a coupon to get good deals. Hobby Lobby has coupons for 40% off a lot of times. Hope this helps.

Marsha

4. mom133d

mom133d Earning My Ears

It does! I'm always wary of shopping from an "unknown" web site. So hearing about other trusted sites is appreciated. :)

5. Aussie Ragdoll

Aussie Ragdoll Earning My Ears

Stitches 'N' Things is another good site. I'm in Australia & have dealt with them for over 15 years. They are a real bricks & mortar shop as well as a website.

6. jackilvsmath

jackilvsmath Earning My Ears

7. chipdale74

chipdale74 Mouseketeer

123stitch.com is really good. I also buy from the stitchery and ac moores. What kinds of supplies are you looking for? Thread? Cloth?

8. mom133d

mom133d Earning My Ears

When I posted I was looking for mostly threads and cloth. I discovered 123stitch before the holidays. They were the only place where I found round ornament frames.

9. chipdale74

chipdale74 Mouseketeer

I used to buy the little twig wreaths for the ornament wreaths. I would wrap red satin ribbon around it then put a felt back on it. I can't find the small wreaths anymore though :-(