• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cross border Turkey

bfamily5

DIS Veteran
I have read a little bit about what we are permitted to bring back from the U.S . My family will be driving from Portland, ME after our Disney vacation and we plan to purchase a few turkies...can each person in the car claim one?...even the children? I love me some u.s turkey!!:thumbsup2

I have brought back 2 with 2 adults but i have never tried to bring more back .I love American Turkeys::yes:: too but i would not eat them too often .

Yes, each person can bring back one turkey - regardless of size. It doesn't count towards your "poultry limit":rotfl2:

OK, guys, you have me puzzled! Why do you want to import U.S. turkey? Are we talking about frozen turkey here?

OK, guys, you have me puzzled! Why do you want to import U.S. turkey? Are we talking about frozen turkey here?

I guess it's for reasons of quality and cost? I'm as confused as you are, lol. I'm not a fan of the stuff, on either side of the border. It's much too dry as a meat.

Anyway, according to the most recent regulation I can find, each resident of Canada may import into the country for their own personal or household use a maximum per person of:
  • 1 Whole Turkey
  • 10 kilogrammes in net weight of turkey products, as defined

Thanks for the info! The U.S turkey is usually not as dry and MUCH cheaper so we like to stock up! ;)

Turkeys in the U.S. - especially when on sale - can be 29 - 59 cents per pound. I could eat one every week...I love turkey. I always use an oven bag to cook mine. NEVER dry!

I live beside the Buffalo border and go buy turkeys every year when they're on sale (got a couple for 19 cents a pound last year) - I also buy groceries every 2 weeks over there - they always ask 'value of goods purchased', and I tell them "$140" or something - then they ask "alcohol or tobacco?", and I say yes or no (depending) - but I have never been asked "turkeys?" - so I just say I bought groceries and maybe clothing, and they send me on my way. Just answer their questions, but you don't have to list everything separately unless they ask you!

Sure glad I'm not trying to bring turkeys across the border in this heat!!!:scared1::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Yep, I am guessing you are bringing a very large cooler??

I never thought about bringing a turkey back, but our last stop in the US before heading back into Alberta is BUTTE MONTANA. Maybe we should pick one up! We are back home on Thanksgiving Day (Canadian not US) :)

I wonder if Duck is cheaper out there?? I LOOOOOVE Duck at Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter