• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crocs!

captinhookedondisney

HIDDEN MICKEY'S ARE EVERYWHERE
I just got my first pair of crocs (SUPER CUMFY) and i was wondering if they needed to be worn in before going to WDW. I bought them 2 days ago and will be in the world in 5 days. And what do i have to do to take care of them?

You should wear them around a little, they don't take much breaking in- and I found mine to be more comfy than any shoe I'd ever toured in even before they were fully broken in.

They're simple to take care of, all you need to do is wipe 'em down when they're dirty. I think some people even put them in the dishwasher- seriously.

I love ALL of my crocs! I won't do Disney in anything else. I'm telling you these are the greatest shoes ever.

To care for them, just wash them off! :) They also sell Crocs Butter which you just rub on like a shoe polish and they are good as new!

Yes, Crocs are super comfy. Just a tip. They can be a bit slippery on smooth wet surfaces, so use caution if you are wearing them in the rain. I slipped in mine a couple years back when I was walking on the Boardwalk one morning while it was wet from being washed down overnight.

I bought my first pair at WDW when I was wearing my tennis shoes and almost paralyzed from it!:thumbsup2 There was no time for breaking in so I just started wearing them and haven't stopped since. I've been three times this year and worn them all three times with no problems.

A note on wearing them in wet places. Sunday before last was VERY wet at WDW. It rained over 10 hours straight, and that was just the time we were in DHS. We found if we stepped on the shiny painted stripes in the roadway that these were very slippery. Otherwise, the rest of the walking was ok.

I wore my Crocs one day and I still have blisters on my 2 toes. I don't know why, I wear them at home all the time. I wore my sneakers after that first day and then I was fine. They are very slippery. As others have said, the 5th and 6th were torrential rain. I slipped a lot on the 5th. It did seem to happen on the smooth surfaces. I thought maybe mine were too old and the traction on the bottom had worn out. Guess they are all that way.

Bought my crocs on the way to Disney last year and never took them off from the time I left the store and got home. I still wear them daily and can't wait to get home and put them on since they are so comfortable.

My DH and I were also there from April 3 until April 6th. I wore them nearly everyday and didn't get any blisters. My husband wore them half the time and got blisters. These were older pairs and haven't been worn in about 6 months. Be careful when it rains. My DH almost did the splits in MK town hall. Walking nonchalantly on the boardwalk the night after a big rain storm I fell and had a hard time getting my footing afterwards. But you know I saw another woman fall about an hour after I did and she wasn't wearing crocks. I just think that the boardwalk is very very slippery when wet.

Love my Crocs!, just ordered a new pair since my 3yr old ones are getting rather worn out. I have worn them all winter in ice and snow and never slipped once. I do agree with the other posters about wet painted surfaces they are slick but that seems to be true with other kinds of shoes too.
I have worn socks with mine all winter and sometimes I do at WDW too, short socks that match my crocs since the high humidity makes my feet sweat.
If you have body glide then use it on the tops of your feet and your toes or you can also use solid deoderant this will prevent rubbing while you get used to your Crocs. Some people get blisters some don't.
Wear them as much as you can before your trip to get used to them, try with the strap in the back and also pulled forward see what's more comfortable.
Have a great trip and enjoy your Crocs!

Bev

I wore my Crocs one day and I still have blisters on my 2 toes. I don't know why, I wear them at home all the time. I wore my sneakers after that first day and then I was fine. They are very slippery. As others have said, the 5th and 6th were torrential rain. I slipped a lot on the 5th. It did seem to happen on the smooth surfaces. I thought maybe mine were too old and the traction on the bottom had worn out. Guess they are all that way.

The more worn out the crocs are the more likely they are to be slippery on wet surfaces, but I have also seen brand new ones be slippery. I slipped a bit once near the fountains at Epcot when there was water on the ground from the fountains while wearing a brand new pair of crocs.

Also, step carefully into and out of the water rides when wearing crocs.

I've come across some slippery spots in other shoes, areas around Splash Mountain, almost seems like there is some tile in this area. This will be my first year with Crocs at Disney but I wear them to work everyday and rarely slip (restaurant).

Sadly, my Disney Crocs slip too much on my feet to be comfortable (too wide). I tried....and tried...but they are retired from walking duty.

I have just Discovered LLBean Crocks!!! They have fabulous cushioning, a wee bit.....just a smidgie, of a heal so more comfortable than absolutely flat AND they are more narrow than the Disney Crocs so they stay on my feet.

I can't take them off they are so comfy......and have added plenty of Disney Jibbitz to makeup for giving up the Disney Crocs.

A couple of things about crocs from experience:

First make sure they are not too tight. Second, the sizing is very different depending on where they are made. Finally, you may get blisters. Bring back ups. My wife and I bought them about a month before out trip last summer. She wore them everywhere pre trip for a month non stop and loved them no problems. She started wearing them in the parks and quickly developed insanely huge blisters. She didn’t have any back up so she had to buy sandals that were even worse!! Her feet were covered in blisters. I on the other hand was deciding between two pairs, both size 11 one fit a bit tighter than the other and I decided to keep the tighter pair. Luckily I brought a pair of cheap flip flops for the pool and was able to switch to them some days before my blisters got bad. I ended up walking around quite a bit carrying them in my hands and walking barefoot out of necessity. I survived. My poor wife, however, was miserable. Crocs are great but nothing prepares you for walking in the parks…

I bought a pair of the Croc Capri's.. anyone here have those? I'm not a big fan of the Caymans and thought since I wear flip flops 24-7 that the Capri's would suit me better.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any.. I'll be taking them with me next month and just wanted to know if they were comfortable enough to wear around Disney World. Thanks :cutie:

I love love LOVE my crocs... I own 7 pairs of them in all different styles! I have bone spurs that rear their ugly heads every now and again and Crocs are the only shoe I can wear and walk in comfortably!

I just got my first pair of crocs. We'll be going the second week in May so I'm wearing them daily to get them broke in. I have had terrible problems in years past with blisters, so I'm hopin' these crocs do the trick.

I just bought my first pair of Croc's this weekend for our upcoming Disney trip in September. I could only find Disney Croc's in kids sizes and fortunately my feet are small enough to get a pair of girls size 3. I wore them all weekend and can't wait to get home to put them on again. I wish I had bought a pair years ago.:love:

I get most of mine from www.shoebuy.com

I always go to www.couponcabin.com and put "shoe buy" in the search box to find out if there are any discount codes. They have 20% codes fairly often so I usually wait for that. I've also gotten them through Dick's online when they had a discount code (also found on coupon cabin).

Someone had posted a link to www.tillys.com with a discount code, I'm not sure if that is still working or not. I got 2 pair for $14 each with it a couple of weeks ago. I'll do a search and see if I can find that post for you.

ETA: Anniversary08 code for 20% off on www.shoebuy.com , YIPEE20 code for 20% off sale priced items at www.tillys.com there are limited sizes and colors of crocs on sale, www.6pm.com has some crocs on sale also but I could not find any additional discount codes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter