• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crocs Warning

Glad your daughter is okay.

We were on an escalator years ago, and a young girl in front of us got her sneaker caught. Luckily her dad got her foot out before it was injured. It is not only crocs that can get caught.

Thanks for posting this. I just got disney crocs for Christmas and I never would have thought about this situation.

Glad your daughter wasn't hurt!

I am glad to hear your DD was not injured.

Thanks for posting & the pictures. I am always concerned with the sides of the escalators. I keep telling the kids to stay in the middle so their shoe laces don't get caught. Never thought of standing too close to the end of each stair. Thanks.

ditto to the other responses. Thanks for posting and I'm glad your DD is ok. I bought my DD's Disney Crocs for Christmas and will have to remember this when we are on escalators. :thanks:

You have done a great service to others for posting -- many thanks!!! :thumbsup2 Your pic of the mangled croc horrified me in what damage an escalator could do. Thank goodness that she was able to slip out of them.

Unfortunately, I just bought my DD8 a pair from Nordstrom Rack and my other DD11 has a pair too. Well...a picture is worth a thousand words. I will have to show them your pic and have a chat with them again about escalator safety.

Thank you so much for posting this!!! We just gave our DD's (ages 4 and 7) the exact same pink pair for Christmas that you showed. I know that's not relevant but the color caught my eye. I would not have known about this problem and seeing that I can't get my girls out of these shoes and that we like to go to the mall and ride the escalator, I really appreciate the warning. I had not heard of this before and I would not have known.

i see in your picture you are wearing crocs,,,,i love them,,,when i get home/out of the office,,,my crocs are on my feet,,i have 2 pairs....and since i am in the northeast with no snow this winter,,,,i've been wearing them everywhere,,,my question is::: did you wear your crocs in the parks? were they comfortable enough to sustain all the walking that you do in disne?

My uncle's friend's shoe got stuck in an escalator at the track and he pulled it out, after he pulled his foot out. The shoe looked so chewed up. And it was a regular leather shoe. I would be careful no matter what shoe you wear.

The exact same thing happened to my DD7. We were in a mall department store. The escalator seemed to "eat" her Croc. She too managed to pull her foot free before being injured. It was very scary! It is ironic that she was wearing the exact same color and style Croc as is in the picture. A store employee saw it happened and called management. After checking to make sure she was OK they offered to replace her ruined pair of Crocs. We went upstairs and she chose a brand new pair. We took the ELEVATOR back down stairs! We all have a new found respect for an escalators powerful force.

Children need to be carefully supervised on escalators for this exact reason. (not aiming this at the OP, just in general)

There are yellow lines on the stairs to give a visual boundary of where your foot should and should not be. It should not be on the yellow part of the stair at all. I don't think a lot of people know this. Those stairs can grab something squishy in an instant...including children's feet and hands.

I don't think peoplel realize how dangerous escalators can be!

Poor pink crocs...all mangled...;) Did Disney have a response to what happened?

glad your kiddo is okay!!!

Thanks for sharing with us. DD 13 loves her crocs and hates escalators. I definately think we will be staying off of them from here on out. Not worth it at all. Plus extra exercise won't hurt either of us. ;)

:scared1: Glad your DD is ok! Thank you so much for the warning. I never would have imagined something like that happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter