Crocs RX Relief - anyone have them? (plantar fascilitis)

I give up. I got the next-size-up of the Crocs Reliefs in the mail today, and even though they seem long, they still feel like they are pushing the ends of my toe nails up. Very uncomfortable. They are going back. I'll stick to the Crocs Scutes that I love.

Expensive lesson. Never buy any shoe from a catalog/website unless you've tried it on somewhere first! :sad:

Funny - but - I've had PF for over 2 years now. My doctor says to wear nothing else than my orthotics in New Balance sneakers. I couldn't wear a pair of Crocs if I tried. Good luck to all of you who try them.

I am a New Balance wearer for 5 years now, and I have Arthritis in both my feet, on the top, where the last toe is, and I wear a 4 inch lift in my left shoe. I swore I could never wear Crocs, but one week ago, I am the proud owner of...4 pairs!:thumbsup2 I actually have 3 pairs that are Knock-offs but own a real pair which are Mickey ones! My lift fits perfectly and I don't need Velcro to make it stay, like I have for other shoes! :thumbsup2 I can hardly wait to get home and put on my Crocs after work, I stand on mt feet 8 hours a day!:thumbsup2

so does anyone's foot doc not like crocs?

i have scheduled an appt with a doc on monday - i think i have PF or a bone spur or something,,,any thing i should make sure to ask? what type of treatment will they provide? any instant relief???

thanks, wendy

i have scheduled an appt with a doc on monday - i think i have PF or a bone spur or something,,,any thing i should make sure to ask? what type of treatment will they provide? any instant relief???

thanks, wendy
I use them with heel cups but I can not use them without them.

thanks, wendy

Make sure you get an xray. My heel spur caused my PF because I waited too long to have it looked at.

Make sure you get a good anti-inflamatory medicine. It will make a world of difference. If possible have the dr. write a prescrip for orthodics if necessary. Some insurances will pay for them if its written as a prescription. Ask your dr. if Physical Therapy is an option. It can definately help in the long run. Mine didn't help the PF but did help my recovery after the surgery for the PF.

Just remember...it could be nothing but why wait until its something. Good luck. Oh and just to let you know...Ice is your Friend. Try icing your foot at night. It will relieve the swelling etc.

Dina Marie

thanks so much for the tips,,,,

i have been icing at night, and it does seem to help the pain a TON!!! i've also been using athletic tape in a pattern that i saw on the internet for PF and it helps a TON!!! will orthotics fit into my crocs??? lol!!

thanks so much for the tips,,,,

i have been icing at night, and it does seem to help the pain a TON!!! i've also been using athletic tape in a pattern that i saw on the internet for PF and it helps a TON!!! will orthotics fit into my crocs??? lol!!

They should, mine do....without even using velcro to hold them in place. LOL

Feel Better soon.

Dina Marie

hi -

there is another one too - its at

http://heelspurs.com/tape.html

this one is a bit easier - i just use 1 strip from base of big to to heel, then kinda do a V with one going from base of pinky toe to heel, and then one right around your whole foot at the arch - its amazing how much better you feel!!! give it a try!!! atheletic tape is pretty cheap - doesnt exactly tickle coming off though!!! lol!!!

Thanks soooo much for posting the links to the taping! OMGOSH! It has helped so much, I was skeptical but tried it anyway figured it couldn't hurt and it was great!

i know, isnt it amazing that such a simple thing could make you be able to walk better!!!

my pain, of course, has eased up quite a bit - so do i still try the doctor on monday or go ahead an cancel the appt???????

I just wanted to let everyone with foot, heel pain to know that I was in WDW from Jan 12-21 and I had NO pain at all. I have to wear my orthodics everyday even in my slippers at home or I have severe heel pain. And usually while I am in Disney I ALWAYS get blisters all over my feet and have some kind of heel pain. Nothing prevents them except This trip. I wore my Disney Crocs with my Thorlo socks (I know it wasn't a pretty site) every day with my orthodics and NO pain. No Blisters nothing. I was so excited. I am overweight and while at Disney I don't stop for a second so usually I am in so much pain but not this trip. I would highly recommend crocs to everyone (with socks). I think they made my trip so much more enjoyable. I was so excited every night because I didn't have to ice my feet or anything they were perfect. This is the only trip I can say that. And usually I buy very expensive New Balance wide sneakers to wear and they don't work. But Crocs are wonderful !!! Good luck everyone!!

Should I go with the relief or the regular crocs? I am having a hard time deciding. I have been treated for problem with the arch on my left foot for over 2 years now. The orthodotics help but I have to get new ones every few months because they stop helping. Of course the doc says had I come in when it first started to hurt I wouldn't still be in pain. (I waited a year before going.)

I did fall earlier this month and reinjure the left foot. Now I am afraid its going to kill me for the upcoming trip (April). Thats why I am considering the crocs.

I love my Beaches and Caymans. I ordered Reliefs and I didn't like them. I got a size 7, the same size as my Caymans that fit well. The Reliefs did not fit. My toe hit the front of the shoe. I also didn't like the feel of the heavier heel. I returned them, though it irked me to pay shipping twice for those shoes. Crocs shipping was expensive.

I wore my Caymans for 7 days at WDW in Sept. and I didn't have a plantar fasciitis flare up during the whole trip. I'm going to stick with Caymans or Beaches.

i had to return a pair of crocs to crocs and i called she shipped replacement pair at no cost, did not even charge my credit card and emailed me a return label for the return pair. i thought that was great

I highly recommend CROCs RX. I suffered from heel spur pain for over a year and started to wear crocs for relief. I kept them next to my bed and slipped my feet in them as soon as I woke up. This made a big difference in the initial morning pain that I was experiencing.

I ordered the CROCS RX R:cool1: elief and they are the best. I bought CROCS Caymens and they do no hold up or support as well. After several months of wearing crocs, I no longer suffered from the pain of plantar fascitis. If worn frequently, be sure to get a new pair after about 6 months.

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to thank you for it!

I have had heel spur pain in my right foot since 2004. I just got my Croc Rx Reliefs last month (broke down and paid the $40) to wear around the house like slippers instead of going around with just socks on and I have noticed relief!

One thing my podiatrist mentioned if you have chronic heel pain - if you go to a gym and workout, make sure to stretch before you workout very well and that should help too.

My only problem with the crocs is that the left foot fits perfectly, but I can really feel my big toe hitting on the right side - do I just stretch that band thing (I wear them with it around my heel for security so I don't lose one on the stairs).

Thanks!

:)

My only problem with the crocs is that the left foot fits perfectly, but I can really feel my big toe hitting on the right side - do I just stretch that band thing (I wear them with it around my heel for security so I don't lose one on the stairs).

That was my problem, too, not enough toe room. I returned them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter