Crocs - Nile Style - $19.95 at REI.com

akasleepingbeauty

My favorite place to run is Disney!!
I got lucky on an internet search last night and discovered Crocs for only $19.95 at rei.com. At this price, they only have the Nile style although they carry other styles for higher prices. They have several colors (black, fuschia, light blue, lime green, orange and sage) in many sizes (although black is only available in 7 and is on backorder - all other colors showing available in sizes 6-10).

If you are lucky enough to have an REI store near you, you can have them shipped to the store for FREE.

Also, if you sign up to receive their newsletter, you'll get an email (comes very quickly) with a 10% discount. This brings the cost down for each pair to only $17.95!

With free shipping to the store and the 10% discount, I only paid $58.29 for 3 pairs of Crocs!

all this talk of Crocs lately I find that I need to ask a couple of questions...

first, I am assuming these are made of a better material than the ones I have seen say at Payless shoes. those feel like a very cheap material

second, do your feet sweat like crazy? seems like they would and then get blisters or at least areas that are sensitive due to the rubber rubbing on them all day...

someone that wears these often, let me know the secrets!

Chickysmom said:
do your feet sweat like crazy? seems like they would and then get blisters or at least areas that are sensitive due to the rubber rubbing on them all day...

No, and that's why they are so popular.

Thanks for the tip and the code. I got 3 pairs for $17.95 each, plus shipping. They came to just over $20 each after s/h. I got lime green, orange and light blue. I already have pink. Now I need to get me a lime green shirt from disneyshopping to match. Wish I knew a week ago when I ordered a navy one!

Thanks for the tip! I just snagged myself a pair in light blue!

Thank you SO much! These sell for $30 in my area - IF I can find them in the color or size I want!

I ended up buying 5 pairs!!! Still under $100 with shipping with the discount! :thumbsup2

I switched my order to the light blue too, since black was on back order. Can't wait to try them out!

Have any of you tried on the Nile model? Because I have it (REI as well, about a month ago) and I do not like them nearly as much as regular Crocs. Same material, but not nearly as comfortable a fit.

Not to poo-poo you, I'm just sayin', they are a lot different-feeling.

The great thing about ordering from REI with instore pickup (in addition to free shipping) is that if you need a different size or simply want to return, you can do so right there in the store.

I agree with the above OP. The Niles I have are not as comfy as the Beach style. I thought I would like them better for summer with the open toe but I don't. My feet do sweat a little bit in them and today while walking on wet tile I really slid on them.

I do agree that the niles aren't quite as comfortable as the beach model, but they are still VERY comfortable and are cuter to me!

I got mine in today and they are all so cute!!! I had to order a lime green disney shirt to match my lime green shoes! I shoudl have stuff to match them all now! I'm so excited about my great deal!

I just got mine today! I think they're very comfortable and much cuter. I can't wait to wear them with shorts and around the pool!

Thanks for the tip, I have all styles except this one. I just snagged myself 2 pair, 1 in light blue and one is lime green. Since we have an REI close, I paid just at $30.00 for both pair!

Darn it! I've been looking for this style, but need a size 5, which they don't seem to carry in any color.

:sad:
bfila said:
Darn it! I've been looking for this style, but need a size 5, which they don't seem to carry in any color.

I know what you mean. It seems that No stores or any online website selling Crocs carry a 5. I ordered a pair (Crocs Athens-kids) through the Crocs website + $10 standard shipping :sad:

Thanks for the info! I bought the black a few weeks ago when all they had was black and sage. This time I ordered the lime and fuschia.

Nile is certainly the prettiest style and the one style most people compliment me on (and ask where to buy).

When I wear my Caymans I get the "I hope those are comfortable because they sure are ugly!"

Thanks for the information!!! I just ordered 3 pairs. We don't have any REI stores in CT so had to have them shipped, but still a great price!

Okay, so this is the third time I am posting this question on the DIS. With the "Nile" shoe, can you remove the heel strap? No one has yet to answer me. I really like a backless shoe. I think the Crocs are one of the ugliest shoes ever. HOWEVER...I have a bad back and if I don't have the right shoe my back can go out on me after a long day at the park. I have read all of the reviews on their site as well as the DIS, so I looked carefully at the different shoes, and the Nile looks like the one I could tolerate looks wise. Believe me, if it helps my back then it really doesn't matter, now does it?? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter