Crocs - Good walking shoes for DL?

Yes, I love my Crocs! They are more comfortable than tennis shoes and give me more support. I know some people don't like them, but they work for me. I have black Mary Janes, purple caymans, and pink mickey crocs. :goodvibes
I wear mine with socks too! Last January I went to DL on a day when it was pretty cold out. I ended up wearing my crocs with really thick SLIPPER socks. Can you say foot heaven?:love:

Am I the only one who HAS to wear socks with my Crocs? I have tried wearing them without socks and they aren't as comfortable. I am planning on wearing them on our upcoming trip but I plan on wearing capris and am concerned about how they are going to look with ankle socks. :crazy:

And YES they are good walking shoes! :thumbsup2

I enjoy wearing socks, b/c with socks they don't make the awful noises they make without socks.

BUT the one halfday I wore socks at DL, I got a blister on my pinky toe, and it's STILL there, 2 weeks later. Harumph.

FWIW, my ankles feel SO much more supported, and in the right alignment, than in my athletic shoes (that I paid over 100 for, and spent 2 hours with the people at the small specialty store to get my feet into the exact right shoe blah blah blah), or any other pair of shoes I've had in the last 4 years.

I took 3 pair of shoes to Disneyland in September. I tried each pair a couple hours the first few days but the crocs won out over the others! 11 days and not a single blister. I did use a heel cup since I have problems there but after that my feet were perfectly happy!

Next year I am going to save myself $25 for being over the airline's luggage weight limit by leaving the other 2 pairs of shoes at home!

Can anyone help w/ the sizing?? I went to their site, looked at their size chart & I know they're supposed to fit loose - but I normally wear an 8.5 & it was saying I should wear an 11! Does that big of a jump sound right? :confused3

If I can get the right size I might bite the fashion bullet & buy these as a Disney trip gift (w/ Jibbitz) for the kids & myself. I know DH won't wear them! :lmao:

Can anyone help w/ the sizing?? I went to their site, looked at their size chart & I know they're supposed to fit loose - but I normally wear an 8.5 & it was saying I should wear an 11! Does that big of a jump sound right? :confused3

If I can get the right size I might bite the fashion bullet & buy these as a Disney trip gift (w/ Jibbitz) for the kids & myself. I know DH won't wear them! :lmao:

I wear a 9 and I have size 10-11 (L) Crocs. I didnt print the size chart to check if thats "right".:confused3 They feel very roomy. Im no0t sure I could handle them for a full day at the park.

I just got back from a two day trip 2 weeks ago, for the first day I was on an airplane at 8 am, and in the park by 1 pm, all the time wearing my crocs. We stayed until 11pm when the park closed, the muscles in my legs hurt but my feet, for the first time ever...DID NOT hurt.
The next day I wore my Crocs - Athens, normally I would not wear flip flops for that much walking but they were also very comfortable.

I would reccomend them for DL for sure

Becky

I am in the minority. Maybe the other styles are better, but I have the Athens style flip-flops. Are I don't find these comfortable for long days or a lot of walking. There just isn't any arch support so my feet are sore, which means my legs and everything else hurts too. I have better luck in my Teva flip-flops than the Crocs. So in my opinion if you need a good arch support look for a different shoe.

I'll be wearing tennies or my Mephistos at DL next month. The Crocs will stay home.

Love my crocs! I've tried expensive walking shoes, tennis shoes, you name it and have always ended the day at DL w/ feet that hurt so bad I'd swear cutting them off and walking on the bloody stumps would feel better.:scared:

I broke down and bought a pair of the Mary Jane's type and tried them out at DL in April. No pain, not a single blister after an entire week! I'd wear socks at night only if I felt a bit chilly, and used body glide on the areas where I thought it might rub a bit during the day. They worked so well that we bought them for all the kids in our group (7 total) since they were all saying their feet hurt in the tennis shoes after the first full day.

Give them a shot, they're really roomy in the toe area and I've got wide feet. Hope you enjoy your trip!

I's also like to know about the blister stick???
I had the nastiest blisters after our Sep trip! And I'll second the comment about bloody stumps being possibly less painful than my feet were on this trip!!!

I wonder if I can find Crocs in Canada.....

Linda

Linda

I have found crocs in many stores here on Vancouver island. If you can't find crocs you could get holey soles, they are equal in quality.

And if worse comes to worse, wait till you get to DL and get the Disney crocs, I got a pair on our last trip....too cute!!

Becky

I's also like to know about the blister stick???
I had the nastiest blisters after our Sep trip! And I'll second the comment about bloody stumps being possibly less painful than my feet were on this trip!!!

Linda

I use Body Glide to prevent blisters. REI carries it, but if you google it there are several online options. It's wonderful stuff, and not just for feet!!!:thumbsup2

I use Body Glide to prevent blisters. REI carries it, but if you google it there are several online options. It's wonderful stuff, and not just for feet!!!:thumbsup2

They have BG at REI? Augh, why didn't I remember to check there? I didn't need it for feet, but it would have been nice for other areas that get chafey. :headache:

They have BG at REI? Augh, why didn't I remember to check there? I didn't need it for feet, but it would have been nice for other areas that get chafey. :headache:

Yup, they do, got some this weekend. Funny though, when I asked a young guy where I could find 'body glide' he did give me an odd-slightly-embaressed-but-knowing look. I was entertained.

I just bought a pair of POTC Crocs at Pieces of 8. They were 40% off. Plus my Ap discount. $21.00. Could not complain. My freinds said.. You cahnged your shoes while we were on the ride didn't you... Yep I did. I love them. They are a 8-9 size. As they didn't have 6-7 and I have tried that size b4 and they were a bit tight.

I bought crocs from Nordstrom a couple months ago. I bought some disney jibbitz for them :goodvibes:

They are really comfy and my feet don't hurt from walking around DL all day. I've tried various sneakers and they all killed my feet. Crocs are the way to go! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter