Crocs for kids at Disney?

We all wore crocs the whole time on the last trip. We had gone in Feb. and it was still fine. In fact I have a hard time getting my kids to wear normal shoes around here right now. It is 20 degrees before the windchill with about 12 inches of snow on the ground and my dd wanted to wear her Hannah Montana mary jane Crocs to school.
I would not suggest wearing them around the parks after just buying them though. Like any other shoe they do need to be broken in a little first.

My kids wear real crocs everywhere LOL - including Disney. We tried knock-off crocs once and they hurt their feet.

My only complaint was to be careful about the tread on the bottom. Once the tread begins to wear down they slip and slide soooo easily. Especially in water - my kid has busted his butt way too many times in front of World of Disney where Stitch spits haha. But these were usually when the shoes were beginning to wear down some. So I'd buy new crocs and use them at Disney first. You don't want a slip to end up with a busted knee or something and make the rest of the trip sad. LOL. My kids will whine about a busted knee for days haha

With DS I alternated every other day. His Mickey crocs one day and Croc sandals the next. I love the sandals. I only found them mid Aug and I wish I had a pair for the entire summer.

Crocs for ALL!!! We all had our crocs on (I wore mine constantly - the others would wear other things too).

Two things I will say on the topic of crocs.

1 - break in is essential. Get used to them before your many miles of walking. While they are oh so comfy it takes a little getting used to. Particularly around water. They will shoot out from under you when you hit certain surfaces (smooth - painted) if they are wet. I broke a toe (not at WDW) when I came around a turn that was wet - one foot went flying - the other came slamming down for balance toes first.

2 - LIME GREEN!!!

We were there in July and my girls wore them the whole time. I also brought sneakers but they didn't want to wear them.

Because everyone in the parks were wearing them...my 2 oldest NEEDED some too. So we bought some at our resort (Pop).

They were comfortable & lightweight & had no blisters, etc. :thumbsup2

I never put my kids in crocs at Disney...they wear their Tevas instead. They just seem a little more secure on their feet, they tend to step out of their crocs sometimes.

Our youngest was so sad when his Disney shoes didn't fit any more - the straps to hold them on were just too snug on his feet and he is growing so fast. We have since retired them and gotten more - I think he's up to 3 or 4 pair and LOVES to wear them.

I have to wear mine without the strap across the back - so mine are apt to slip off on occasion - but otherwise I am rarely without mine - take them on travel with me to wear in the hotel.

my son loves it too.. great for walking over those water fountain. He even got a pair of those new ones that looks like sandals with the between the toe thing. Bit pricey at the park.

We all wore crocs on our trip. We spent 21 nights at WDW, so a lot of walking and there were no blisters, no sore feet. It was fantastic, on our next trip, that is all we will be wearing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter