• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crocs for guys?..Or something else

princess jasmine27 said:
:thumbsup2 Just a thought.... I bought my dh a pair of khaki and black nike flip flops that are extremely comfortable and are made of a foamy type substance that would work well for the water rides :cloud9:

We all wore flip flops for a couple of days but switched to Crocs because our feet and legs were killing us!

DH has khaki crocs and they are most manly! We have Keen, too but prefer the Crocs.

I have Payless Croc and Keen knock offs. Both are very very comfortable. I think the Aircrocs are more comfortable than the real ones Ive tried on. More cushiony. The Keen Airwalks are also very comfortable tho I notice a hot spot under one heel. But at less than half the price of the originals I'm not complaining. I did break down today and get a pair of Croc Mary Janes. They are pretty cute.

My DH has had the khaki cayman model for a year now--loves them. I just ordered the scutes, and when he got home last night and found the box, he came strolling in the den with his new shoes. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THEM! In fact, I ordered us both two more pair last night straight from crocs web site.

dismom3 said:
Has anyone ever seen the "scutes" in a store? My husband bought brown ones at a volleyball tournament from the Crocs tent. They're a new style and I want a pair for myself. I haven't seen them in any stores yet. Has anyone?

Yup - I bought them for my boyfriend in brown a week ago.

I bought my first pair (blue and grey) from Dick's. I love them so much I ordered a pair of red/black and a pair of yellow/black from extremefootwear(free shipping a la Zappos). I haven't worn lace-up shoes for anything other than work or running for four months!

A

We discovered crocs last year thanks to this board. I can relate to the color issue. My first pair (XXL) were subtle beige and my DS wanted yellow but I persuaded him to go for blue. Well ... that was then - this is now. We (my DW, DD, DS and I) outfooted the family in new crocs shoes and flip-flops before our recent trip and I let my DS get yellow and I got screamin' purple! :cool1: Am I an "enlightened" guy or what?! :) It's fun and they are sooooo comfortable. He and I were also a sight after our Main St. haircuts complete with spiking, color and pixy dust!

Dave

WEDway2002 said:
We discovered crocs last year thanks to this board. I can relate to the color issue. My first pair (XXL) were subtle beige and my DS wanted yellow but I persuaded him to go for blue. Well ... that was then - this is now. We (my DW, DD, DS and I) outfooted the family in new crocs shoes and flip-flops before our recent trip and I let my DS get yellow and I got screamin' purple! :cool1: Am I an "enlightened" guy or what?! :) It's fun and they are sooooo comfortable. He and I were also a sight after our Main St. haircuts complete with spiking, color and pixy dust!

Dave

You're a good man Dave!

It's harder for me to be "enlightened" in a family of DW, DD, and DD!

I will not join them...I will not join them... :rotfl:

I bought a pair of Keens right before our June trip ( dd has had a few pairs) because I like my toe enclosed in crowds. I also have a few pairs of good watershoes ( Ecco,Northface and Solomons) but thought they might even be to hot.

Well I ended up wearing my keens everyday almost all day .I never took them off on all the days at the waterparks ( some slides I had to hold them).I keep them loose until I get in the water or a ride that they might fall off and have not had a blister yet.

They have become my fav shoe now and I wear them all the time now . I got mine at Normstoms .

As far as the crocs I haven't had a pair or color jump at me yet (did like the RW&B payless but couldn't find my size) so I will wait to see the Disney ones when they come out.

My size 13 black crocs are the best, and keep you from getting blisters for sure. I wore them this summer on a safari to Africa as well as last year to WDW. My wife wore them the entire trip and did not have sore feet...and every other time we go, she gets sore feet at the end of one day. Great shoes for being on your feet all day.

dismom3 said:
So you think Dick's sporting goods will have the scutes?

They had a limited selection of them last month when I was getting DD some soccer stuff.

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
I got blisters last time we were at Disney and had to be creative on the "wet" rides to avoid sloshing around in wet shoes all day. I have seen several posts here raving about crocs. Well, I was into Dicks Sporting Goods today and looked at them. They were very..ummm..bright!.. and feminine looking. They seemed every bit as comfortable as people have suggested, but not really something that I would feel good about wearing around. Do they have anything that us guy's could wear and still feel like a guy? I like the whole "bring on the rides that get me wet" type shoe/sandal but impersonating Tinkerbell is not part of the plan. Could someone offer a good mens sandal or shoe that is as comfortable but lets me retain my manhood?
:cool2:

What about the Islander range:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-18-4-islander.aspx?reqid=18&reqProdTypeId=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

Hooked_on_Mickey said:
I got blisters last time we were at Disney and had to be creative on the "wet" rides to avoid sloshing around in wet shoes all day. I have seen several posts here raving about crocs. Well, I was into Dicks Sporting Goods today and looked at them. They were very..ummm..bright!.. and feminine looking. They seemed every bit as comfortable as people have suggested, but not really something that I would feel good about wearing around. Do they have anything that us guy's could wear and still feel like a guy? I like the whole "bring on the rides that get me wet" type shoe/sandal but impersonating Tinkerbell is not part of the plan. Could someone offer a good mens sandal or shoe that is as comfortable but lets me retain my manhood?

im the same way. i spent the day at a theme park in Ohio and played at there water park then went on most of the rides with crocs on. i was thinking my feet will hurt as usual. but nope only my calves were hurting. lots of stairs to climb with some rides. 12 hrs in crocs and the feet felt great. i can't wait to bring them with me to WDW. if you want your feet to feel great get the Crocs. not the fake ones that Wal-mart sells. if you want crocs get the real thing. :wizard:

I suggested to DBF to buy a pair of crocs for our upcoming cruise and for any future Disney trips. Now, he is as manly as they come. Big hockey player and refuses to wear anything other than blue t-shirts, jeans and sneakers. I really didn't think he would like crocs, much less buy them. He ordered a black pair of caymans. I think he did it just to make me happy. He officially loves them! He wears them everywhere. If you want the crocs, you definitely won't be the only man wearing them.

Hooked_on_Mickey said:

Order online! I got a black pair at Dick's, and they're masculine. Ugly as sin, but masculine! :)

My DH spent his entire summer in the Cros Endeavor (the ones without the holes) - the "Chocolate" (brown) color. They don't look feminine at all. He found them unbelievably comfortable. He is normally a jeans, button down shirt, and loafers kind of guy.

I actually wonder if he will wear his crocs this year to teach (he is a college professor) or if he'll go back to loafers. He stands a LOT during the day, and he's gotten used to the comfy crocs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter