Crocs + Body Glide = no blisters???

tmclanton

Mouseketeer
I have been reading a lot about wearing crocs to Disney and am considering doing this for our next trip in May. I saw that some people swear by using Body Glide with their crocs to not get blisters. Has anyone ever gotten blisters while using Body Glide with Crocs?
TIA!

as with all things in life, you might wanna try out the crocs with body glide before committing to walking 12 miles a day in them... i can wear my crocs at WDW all day and do just fine, I have used bodyglide with socks and crocs in the past and it worked well.

But if you think on a tuesday you are gonna put on some body glide and crocs, then hit the parks for 12 hours and not get blisters... you might reconsider.

I have been wearing crocs at WDW as well as all over everyplace for the last few years, and never have blister problems. I got the beginning of one a couple years ago - had the strap too tight. Honestly, if your crocs fit the way they are meant to (with the space all the way around your foot) they don't give blisters - there's no rubbing. I walk ten miles or more a day at work, and i wear them with no issues. I have bad shoe days when I have a meeting or something that requires me to wear more standard-style footwear :rotfl:

I do wear them with socks sometimes, and i will say that there is something about them that causes holes in the heels of my socks - i buy small mens' reinforced-heel socks cause i had to throw away so many pairs of regular ones :sad2:

A few years ago, we were at WDW with some friends over April Fools Day. DH had done some jokes on them and to retaliate, someone put Vaseline in his Crocs. When he put them on, the insides were so slippery, he could barely stand up. It took him quite a bit to clean the vaseline out of the Crocs enough that he could safely wear them again.
I don't know if Body Glide on your feet would make the Crocs slippery, but I'd suggest caution just in case.

I also suggest trying it out before going. I can wear my crocs for days on end with nothing but bare feet and not get blisters. I wear them every weekend at Disney and have yet to get one.
Terrie

My DD wore crocs and body glide. She did fine.....one hint though on the slipperyness (Is that a word?!?!) Just put a LITTLE bit of body glide your feet where you may rub with the shoes. The body glide stays in the shoes so you will have to wipe the shoes out at the end of the day. It isn't that bad, unless you put a bunch on your feet. One main thing you need to realize is that any shoe that is broken in will be okay in the parks. So if you wear crocs all the time, you'll do fine in crocs. You may not even need body glide. I only put it in hers as a precaution and I don't even think I needed it. :rolleyes: My DH on the other hand, used it while wearing his loafers (he's decided he'll wear a different type of shoe in October! :lmao: ) and he loved the body glide. I used the body glide around my pits where my shirts rubbed......

ok what is body glide??

Body Glide is a product that you use to prevent chaffing. Athletes use it a lot when they are running or other activities on parts of the body that tend to rub together and cause chaffing. It allows the "body to glide" on itself!:thumbsup2

THanks for all the replys! One question about socks:
What kind of socks do you wear? The ones that just cover the foot (below the ankle)? I am having a hard time picturing crocs with socks while wearing shorts. No offense, but the picture I am coming up with is not pretty! Although, I will say that I wear my crocs with jeans and wear socks with them and I much prefer the feel with socks... SOOOO comfortable!

I do wear them with socks sometimes, and i will say that there is something about them that causes holes in the heels of my socks - i buy small mens' reinforced-heel socks cause i had to throw away so many pairs of regular ones

Now I am starting to understand why all my black socks have holes in the heels! I never made the connection between my crocs and the holes! Thanks!

I can not wear socks with crocs! The socks always seem to slip. No socks are fine. It just depends on you. Break them in and actually walk around for a few days all day in them.

The only spot I ever get a bit rubbed in Crocs is the side near my pinky toe and sometimes the hair on the top of my toes pulls a little (it's a man thing:rotfl:). I just put a dab of Body Glide on my finger and rub it in to my toes and a little on the side of my foot.

I've done a total of 24 park days this year and that combination has worked wonderfully each time.

Well now I know why I have gone through 4 pair of socks in the past month!

When we go to WDW I do sometimes wear low cut socks because the closed type of Crocs make my feet sweat in the humidity. Try buying socks that match your crocks then you won't notice them so much. Avoid 100% cotton though, it will cause blisters

I don't need the body glide when I wear my crocs, but it is great for 'thigh chafe';)

I bought Cleo's and that solved the problem of sweating so no socks needed....

Bev

Body Glide is slippery when you first put it on but dries in about 30 minutes.It works really good on anything that rubs,my wife even uses it on here bra straps where they rub on her shoulders:)

I have been reading a lot about wearing crocs to Disney and am considering doing this for our next trip in May. I saw that some people swear by using Body Glide with their crocs to not get blisters. Has anyone ever gotten blisters while using Body Glide with Crocs?
TIA!

I don't think there's enough Body Glide to make these things "comfortable" on my feet. They make my feet hurt and "Body Glide" is not going to improve the fact that these things have limited arch support and are basically cheap rubber shoes LOL!

My feet can take them to the pool, but no farther!

YOU MUST TRY them before you wear them to Disney. And trying does not mean putting them on the store and walking around for a minute. Put them on and wear them Grocery shopping, out and about....

I have been wearing crocs at WDW as well as all over everyplace for the last few years, and never have blister problems. I got the beginning of one a couple years ago - had the strap too tight. Honestly, if your crocs fit the way they are meant to (with the space all the way around your foot) they don't give blisters - there's no rubbing. I walk ten miles or more a day at work, and i wear them with no issues. I have bad shoe days when I have a meeting or something that requires me to wear more standard-style footwear :rotfl:

I do wear them with socks sometimes, and i will say that there is something about them that causes holes in the heels of my socks - i buy small mens' reinforced-heel socks cause i had to throw away so many pairs of regular ones :sad2:

You said something that I have been trying to figure out. It is about the way crocs are meant to fit. I bought two pairs at different times. The first pair I bought fit perfect. I mean my toes come to the very end with no room to spare. They felt ok in the store because they fit. The second pair I bought last week I just realized are a size bigger. They are a large. They fit with room to spare though. So what is the right way? I am normally at 7.5/8 in regular shoes.

Crocs are supposed to fit your foot with no part of the shoe touching your foot when you stand with both feet on the ground. From their site...

" Crocs™ should not fit like other shoes:

They should fit very loosely.
The sides of your foot should not really touch the sides of the shoe.
Your toes should never make contact with the front of the shoe.
Once you have centered your foot on the foot-bed:
You should have about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space in front of your toes, behind your heel and when you lift the strap you should be able to comfortably get your finger between the strap and heel.
In other words the fit should be "loose".
I know that this goes against everything that you have ever been used to in a shoe, but these are the parameters that the shoe was designed to be worn under.
No Pressure points Ever!"

When we visited WDW, August 2007, my children wore their Caymans every day. My son had spots on the sides (near the rivet) where they rubbed so we put a bit of Body Glide right on those spots and it helped. I wore Crocs flip flops for the whole trip and loved them. I used Body Glide only on the spot where the shoe goes between my toes to be sure I would not have any rubbing.

Hubby did not wear Crocs (he wouldn't be caught dead in them :) ) but made good use of the Body Glide under his socks with his tennies. He has very sensitive feet and would up with zero blisters in 11 days.

All the Best!
Daneen

The experts on crocs, footwear, bodyglide and moleskin are located over on the Disney Tips Board here on the DIS.

You'll get the best answers to all these questions over there and I'm moving this thread over there so you can benefit from their expertise!

Thanks!

Knox

I'm a runner, and I absolutely SWEAR by Body Glide. I ran a half-marathon (that's 13.1 miles) in fairly new shoes which I'd only done one long run and several shorter runs in before the race. Perhaps not my smartest move, but I made sure to put Body Glide between all of my toes, on the back of my heels, the tops of my feet and all of the places where the edge of the shoe made contact with the ankle area. No blisters, no hot spots, no nothing. In fact, my feet felt better after the race than pretty much anything else on me did. The Body Glide will be the first thing I pack for our upcoming trip, and neither I nor the kids will be walking out of the hotel room without it on our feet. I'm willing to bet J won't either, but he's a big boy and I can't tell him what to do. :)

Body Glide isn't like vaseline. It's not greasy at all, and it's completely invisible - doesn't even leave a shine. No idea why it works, but it really does! Get some...it's worth its weight in gold.

Another tip: if you're going to wear socks, put on a thin pair of snug-fitting socks next to your skin (not tight, but you don't want them to be able to rub, either), and another pair of thin cotton socks over those. It really, really helps with the blisters, and the synthetic pair will also wick any moisture away from your feet.

I read about it on this site. Gave it a test drive on the San Antonio Riverwalk while I was there for a convention. Thought it would be a good trial before doing Disney later this year.

The product wasn't what I imagined it would be. I somehow imagined it would dry to form some sort of rubbery or waxy barrier on my feet, not so. Something similar to "Second Skin" bandage consistency.

It looks like a smaller version of a stick of deodorant and has a light scent. It goes on clear and non-sticky. Not slippery either. The primary ingredients: hydrogenated vegetable oil and alcohol. (maybe I could have used a dab or crisco instead-Ha Ha). I covered my feet daily and put on ballet flats without stocking or socks. While I didn't get blisters, I did get some "hot spots" that were reddding by the end of the three day trip. Had this trip required more walking, such as a Disney trip, I would have used a product like Body Glide instead. I would go out of my way to get the Body Glide, rather than buying this product which was more convinient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter