Crocs and heel spurs

planningcrazymom

Mouseketeer
My daughter has heel spurs and we were wondering if they gave enough support for a full day of walking at the parks? Thank you to everyone for your advice and help.
:banana:

I have heel spurs too. I know how very painful they can be. My podiatrist told me to wear all these hi-tech tennis shoes and "orthopedic looking" shoes but my feet still hurt. Crocs are the only shoes that even feel remotely comfortable to me. Every doctor I see, kind of fusses about them how they have no support they're just like slippers. Blah, blah, blah......But I love them. I still have a little pain, but nothing like when I wear other shoes!!! But as you probably already know, we could wear clouds on our feet and heel spurs would still be painful. Anyway, I definitely give them a :thumbsup2

I had heel spur surgery back in June. And have had complications since the surgery. I wear Crocs 80-85% of the day, since I can't go barefoot anymore.
I just bought a new pair, the Croc RX. It's for people with heel spurs. They are great!!!
As far as other shoes go, outside of the house I wear New Balance RollerBall gym shoes. They are pricey but great for people with foot problems.
They aren't the prettiest, but they aren't bad either. I have actually gotten some complements on them!! :laughing:

I have heel spurs and have tried all of the fancy smancy orthotic footwear and NOTHING feels as good as my Crocs. Before Crocs I was always having to go for injections in my heels and I still felt miserable. Since the Crocs I have not had one bit of pain. I even wore them all winter with socks although I'll lose the socks as soon as the weather gets warm. :lmao: I have worn my Crocs all over Disney and have not had any problems.

Now I am the opposite. I have no problems at all while wearing my Crocs, but at night- OMG!!!!:sad2: The pain is just awful :scared: I just am not having good luck with the Crocs. I really want them to work. But after I sit a bit then get up-Oh lawd- I almost fall on my face from the pain in my foot :headache:

My orthotics don't work worth a toot either :confused3

I have been wearing orthodics in my shoes for heel spurs for a couple of years now and usually I buy very expensive walking sneakers and by day 2 in Disney I have very painful blisters. But this past Jan we were in Disney for 10 days and let me tell you I was still dancing thru the parks on day 10! My family could not believe it. I wore my orthodics in my disney crocs (I have 3 different colors) and I wore thorlo no blister socks ( I know it wasn't very pretty) but my feet felt wonderful!! You should try the crocs around the house first but honestly my feet usually are horrible and this trip they were great!! Good luck!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

I have never tried the crocs. As thought they were horrible looking. I usually wear my tennis shoes with orthotics. They always seem to be fine while we are walking all day. It is when we stopped and I rested my feet for 20 minutes or more the pain was awful. Do your feet move around in these crocs? They don't look like they would be that helpful for a person with heel spurs. Where do they sell the Disney crocs at?

http://www.crocsrx.com/patientLanding

Just googled and found them! I am pretty sure I have the planters whatever ( I can not pronounce it let alone spell it! ;) ) DH has orthodics for heel spurs. Mom is a diabetic. These look awesome! Think we will be ording some soon. Plus can get the Disny crocs for DD!

How do convince DH to wear them? :sad2:

I am an RN for over 30 years on my feet and I have PF for years. I have tried everything. The best relief I ever got was when I started to wear crocs. If I even wear any other shoes for just 30 minutes, I pay for it later. I know they aren't pretty, aren't stylin, but they sure are comfy. Wore at WDW for 2 weeks and not one blister - first time - I wore them with low socks. Just love them

I just HATE how they look! Now my children love them! (ordered those Disney ones from Dick's at $14/pair for their bdays before our WDW trip!)

I use my mom's orthodics when working out or just wearing tennies. I wear birkenstocks around the house...not always the most comfy. (I probably need new ones...they are 15 years old!) I may have to try my DS's crocs around the house & see how they feel!

Actually, at work & going out, I find heels are VERY comfortable for my heel spurs! (yes, I have had to search a bit for comfy heels, but Sarto Franco & a few others are ....) Doc said, sure, you have relieved the heel of the pressure...so I do NOT wear flats at ALL anymore. Every shoe must have SOME heel...rarely have problems anymore! It seems weird!

No heel spurs, but I do have a pretty decent case of tendonitis, which isn't a walk in the park either :scared: .

I wear crocs most days to work and typically am able to still work out 90 minutes most days when I get home. I sacrificed the crocs this past November because I didn't like the way they looked with the capris. Needless to say I wish the fashionista in me hadn't taken over. :sad2:

Can anyone tell me thier symptoms of heel spurs or PF? I have been getting some nerve tingling sensations in both of my heels & think I may have one of these condition. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me thier symptoms of heel spurs or PF? I have been getting some nerve tingling sensations in both of my heels & think I may have one of these condition. Thanks!

More like SHARP pain in heel when walking. Pretty much feels like someone is driving nails up your heel. Have been so bad I could barely walk due to pain.
Made worse by walking/standing barefoot, or on non-cushioned surfaces. for long period of time. Ibuprofen can help mildly, rest, ice, stretching exercises, expensive heel lifts, steroid shots & surgery are last resorts.

I have had them mildly for years due to retail work & teaching. Last Thanksgiving I was barefoot Martha Stewart, then went out and ran a couple of miles...BIG mistakes. Hobbled all weekend at in laws. My mom has lifts, so got them when I got home. Sidlines workouts for several weeks. I now totally avoid flats...I wear shoes w/ some sort of heel at work, birks at home, and I use the lifts (shoe inserts) in tennies. Dull ache these days, tolerable.

many podiatrists' offices carry crocs rx so you could find one and go try them on. both of my parents LOVE them for their foot problems. they aren't as ventilated as the beach or cayman so it might be an issue in hot weather.

I work with a lot of teachers who have PF, heel spurs, or both (like me). I make sure when in WDW I have good supportive sneakers, birkenstocks, and, most importantly, do the reccommended stretches after walking for a while. Also, bring a couple of zip-loc bags for icing your heel before it hurts. I was in really bad shape with this last summer and was able to walk 10-12 hours a day and survive by listening to my Dr.'s advice.:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I had heel spur surgery back in June. And have had complications since the surgery. I wear Crocs 80-85% of the day, since I can't go barefoot anymore.
I just bought a new pair, the Croc RX. It's for people with heel spurs. They are great!!!
As far as other shoes go, outside of the house I wear New Balance RollerBall gym shoes. They are pricey but great for people with foot problems.
They aren't the prettiest, but they aren't bad either. I have actually gotten some complements on them!! :laughing:

This may be a bit off topic, but as I just had surgery to remove a heel spur back in Jan. I was wondering what complications. I personally have had a numb tingling in that heel ever since and stepping on the smallest thing sends shock waves..
Back on topic, I just recently bought a new pair of Croc RX myself for our trip this Aug. and have been wearing them to break them in and they seem to be much better to wear than any of my other shoes. I haven't been to Disney yet, but have go to other theme parks with plenty of walking and I know my old pair of Crocs did wonderful.... I still had some pain, but not bad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter