• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crockpot Potato Soup question

dfchelbay

DIS Veteran
I'm making my crockpot potato soup soon and was wondering if I didn't peel the potatoes would it turn out good. Anyone NOT peel the potatoes and still have it taste yummy. What's the good and the bad of it. I'm running short on time and was going to skip the peeling part and just cube them and put them in the crockpot. Good or bad...advice?

I have on occasion left the skin on the potatoes. I scrubbed them w/a veggie brush first. I didn't love it. It gave my soup an earthy flavor. When I sauté potatoes on the stove top I can leave the skins and everything gets a little crispy. In a soup, now I always peel the potatoes.

I always peel them too. I think it tastes funny with the skin on. Maybe because I am not a fan of the skin anyway.

My awesome potato soup short cut..... the orida steam in the bag potato. You mirco-wave them for 10 minutes and they are exactly like peeled, cubed and cooked potatos. I make a yummy loaded baked potato soup and when I an in a hurry I use these and the pre-cooked bacon and can pull it together super fast!!!!

I wouldn't leave all the skin on. I'd go over the potatoes quickly with the peeler, but not be perfect with it.

I've had some soups with it on, and they still tasted good. Are you leaving it chunky or mashing it all and making it creamier?

OP here - Well, I decided to not even make the potato soup today. After reading your replies, I thought it might come out tasting "earthy"...which I imagine to taste like dirt...lol So, instead, I found a couple cans of cream of mushroom soup, threw it in the crockpot with a few onions and celery and some beef broth. I will add cooked rice later and mix it all together. I'll let you all know if it turns out tasty, or if it's a total disaster. :rotfl2: Stay tuned :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter