Crock pot reviews

semo233

DIS Veteran
I broke my large crock pot last week and am looking for a new one. Can you give me a recommendation? I need about 6 quart capacity.
Thanks!

Gosh I wish I could, but I use my mom's that she got for her wedding 35 years ago! Still works like the day she got it! It's a Rival.

I have the Rival 6qt oval...just the basic model - no timer, no diffuser. I like the "new" (to me) Warm setting since all my recipes have times from the older pots that weren't as hot. So things tend to get done earlier than expected & I can just keep it warm until I need it. I've never bothered with browning meats before putting them into the pot so the whole diffuser idea is lost on me. ;) I want to throw things in & walk away - not mess with it. LOL

For me, my greatest need is the oval shape as things seem to fit better - such as roasts. I've always had Rival brand pots & really like them. I do think, however, that this one has a "hot spot" along the back. Things seem to get darker there. One other thing about this one - and I'm not sure if it's something in the way it was handled or just if there's an issue with the stone crock. But I don't think it cleans as well as my previous ones. It's necessary to use a Dobie pad to get the stuff that's cooked on - even when I've soaked it first. But I won't rule out the possibility that DH used something too abrasive on it when he cleaned up for me a few times. :rolleyes:

I got a 6QT Rival crock pot last year and I love it. It has the removable stoneware insert which makes cleaning so much easier. It's one of the reasons I didn't use my old crock pot very much, I hated cleaning it. It has 2 high settings and 2 low settings with the warm feature, which is great for me. I use it mostly on day where my boys have meets and the warm feature has been great for those days.

I went to Lowe's to buy garden supplys and also went thru there appliance section.I found A 6 1/2 quart GE about 5 yrs ago and it never fails to make great dinners.I think I paid around $40 for it back then.Prices have went up on everything.So here is the latest from there site.Note pay extra for the warranty,its well worth it..

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...4&Ne=4294967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=crock+pots

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter