Crock pot reviews

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by semo233, Oct 11, 2009.

1. semo233

semo233 DIS Veteran

I broke my large crock pot last week and am looking for a new one. Can you give me a recommendation? I need about 6 quart capacity.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. postage stamp

postage stamp DIS Veteran

Gosh I wish I could, but I use my mom's that she got for her wedding 35 years ago! Still works like the day she got it! It's a Rival.

4. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

I have the Rival 6qt oval...just the basic model - no timer, no diffuser. I like the "new" (to me) Warm setting since all my recipes have times from the older pots that weren't as hot. So things tend to get done earlier than expected & I can just keep it warm until I need it. I've never bothered with browning meats before putting them into the pot so the whole diffuser idea is lost on me. ;) I want to throw things in & walk away - not mess with it. LOL

For me, my greatest need is the oval shape as things seem to fit better - such as roasts. I've always had Rival brand pots & really like them. I do think, however, that this one has a "hot spot" along the back. Things seem to get darker there. One other thing about this one - and I'm not sure if it's something in the way it was handled or just if there's an issue with the stone crock. But I don't think it cleans as well as my previous ones. It's necessary to use a Dobie pad to get the stuff that's cooked on - even when I've soaked it first. But I won't rule out the possibility that DH used something too abrasive on it when he cleaned up for me a few times. :rolleyes:

5. Twigs

Twigs <font color=deeppink>DIS Cast Member<br><font colo

I got a 6QT Rival crock pot last year and I love it. It has the removable stoneware insert which makes cleaning so much easier. It's one of the reasons I didn't use my old crock pot very much, I hated cleaning it. It has 2 high settings and 2 low settings with the warm feature, which is great for me. I use it mostly on day where my boys have meets and the warm feature has been great for those days.

6. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

I went to Lowe's to buy garden supplys and also went thru there appliance section.I found A 6 1/2 quart GE about 5 yrs ago and it never fails to make great dinners.I think I paid around $40 for it back then.Prices have went up on everything.So here is the latest from there site.Note pay extra for the warranty,its well worth it..

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...4&Ne=4294967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=crock+pots