Crock Pot Recipes?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
Last winter, there was a great crock pot recipe thread that ran for quite a while. Does anyone have a link to the thread? I'm not sure which one it is, but with school back in session, it's time to dust the old crock pot off and put it to use!:)

I like to put ribs and bologna chunks in the crockput and let them cook all day. YUMMY!

I have my crock pot going right now with whole sweet potatoes (cut into chunks), pork chops, apple sauce, a sprinkle of brown sugar,salt/pepper and a can of cranberry sauce. Smells great and tastes yummy! A great meal to come home to.

Often times I put in a few frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts, add a cup or so of salsa and it makes perfect mexican shredded chicken for tacos, quesadillas, etc.

I have a split pea soup recipe for the crock pot, if you are interested let me know.

Love having my "personal chef" cook while I am at work. :love:

Dawn

I have a great super duper easy recipe for the Crock Pot

take one pork roast (frozen, raw, whatever) and drop it in the slow cooker
pour in an inch or two of apple juice
slice up a couple granny smith apples
slice up a medium sized onion

put the slow cooker on Hi with the top on when you leave for work, when you get home the pork roast will be so tender and sweet all you have to do is push the knife on the roast to cut it. Make a pouch of instant mashed potatoes on the side and you have a great dinner.

Now I'm hungrypopcorn::

I'll be checking out those links too. I started a new job where I work late and unless I want my kids to starve I need to put something in the crockpot in the morning. Too bad we don't do pork. .. we were vegetarians for years and now none of us like it. :( One of my favorites is the beef roast (I like the bottom round ones) with a package of onion soup mix and a can of diet coke. . .it sounds weird, but it's sooooo good. I use the leftovers for tacos, etc.

Here is our fave crockpot recipe

Boneless chicken breasts (1-2 lbs)
2 cans "cream of" soup (we use 2 chicken or you can use chicken + mushroom./brocolli/etc)
2 cans of chicken broth (or water)

Cook until chicken is done then fill with egg noodles and cook until they are tender. Yum! Last time I added corn too

the weather has changed here in upstate ny... a little cooler the last few days.... makes me think its time for the crockpot to come out..... can't wait to check out those links... thanks..

I like to do a turkey breast. Just put in the turkey breast, season and add water!

One of our favorites is ribs. I buy the pork ribs that are already seasoned with rub. Cut them into two pieces and put them in the crock pot with two cups of beef bullion and about a 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. Cook them until the interior temp is considered done for pork (about 165 I think). They are so ymuuy. My pot cooks really hot so I only go about 5 hours on them. It is so much cooler that putting them on the grill.

There is a website with 'a year of slow cooking' or some such that has a number of good recipes.

My personal favorite in the Crock is french onion soup. I use beef base instead of stock or bouillon, and I double or triple the onions.

And against the common wisdom, I never liked ribs in a crock pot. Too wet for my preferences. pirate:

I do a whole chicken in the crock pot by putting a peeled onion in the cavity and pouring a beer over the top. Cook for 7-8 hours (depending on size) on low. - You can also use a lemon or lime instead of the onion.

My SIL recently gave me one for beef tips, too. - Italian dressing, brown sugar, and garlic. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy!

I came across a wonderful crock pot lasagna recipe: you layer your meat (browned)/sauce then uncooked lasagna noodles, then cheesy layer, repeat and end with noodles. top with grated cheese just before serving. Looking at the ingredients I didn't see anything that was adapted specially for the crockpot, so I'm going to use a "regular" ingredient list. I HATE making it the traditional way but this looks easy. I plan on making one when DS and DD are home from college sometime. I work long hours, so the crockpot is a fave sub for the grill over the winter.

these all sound soooo good! I love to use my crockpot, but never had very many easy recipes for it! I will be checking the sites you all have mentioned! And, I am trying the chicken recipe that TiffanyD posted... that sounds good, and I already have all the ingredients here... tomorrow is grocery day for us, so I am low on a lot of things! Thanks!!

I'm going to move this over to the Cooking Board since there's quite a bit of interest in sharing some new recipes. Don't forget to check out the links in my previous post for more ideas.

I'm at work for 9 hours so till I get back my crockpot meals are often cooked to death! How do I keep the meats moist till I get home?

I'm at work for 9 hours so till I get back my crockpot meals are often cooked to death! How do I keep the meats moist till I get home?

I have this problem too. My crockpot cooks so hot I am afraid to leave it all day. I use my a lot on the weekend. Once I took it to work, but everyone wanted to come home with me for dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter