Crock pot recipes for WDW vacations

I know about the "two hours on low for every hour on high" rule of thumb. I just wasn't sure if it applied here since the chicken breasts were originally frozen. Maybe I'll try it on a day that I can come home early. Set the slow cooker for seven hours and see what happens. I can always cook it for another hour on high if necessary once I get home.

DGD is only 3 1/2. She's a picky eater, and doesn't like anything spicy yet. Hopefully she'll grow out of it. By the time her mother (my DD) was her age, she ate almost anything.

DD15 ate everything as little one, until she was about 3 she literally ate everything, including salsa, she loved to go to Chevy's for the chips and salsa. lol She outgrew that at 3 and stopped eating at all......all she wanted was hot dogs and chicken nuggets, that was hard. Now she will eat more but it's a struggle to get her to fruits and veggies, she's a definite meat eater! Good luck with your DGD3!

I cook frozen chicken breasts in my crock pot all the time, I do frozen hamburger and frozen beef as well. I've never had an issue.

The heat is insane!! So I'm looking forward to heat in the high 90's all week..ugh! Definitely using the Crock pot!

Today I found a package of diced beef marked down to $1.50 lb, so I got it. I put it in the crock pot with beef broth, mushrooms, onions and cream of mushroom soup..smells amazing!

Anyway..since I have 3lbs of this meet, anybody have any ideas for what I can use for the rest of it?

The heat is insane!! So I'm looking forward to heat in the high 90's all week..ugh! Definitely using the Crock pot!

Today I found a package of diced beef marked down to $1.50 lb, so I got it. I put it in the crock pot with beef broth, mushrooms, onions and cream of mushroom soup..smells amazing!

Anyway..since I have 3lbs of this meet, anybody have any ideas for what I can use for the rest of it?

I make the Pasta Fagioli soup that is a copy of Olive Garden's... I load it with so much meat it is almost like a chili and we have it as a meal. I just cook the pasta separately vs what the recipe says to do.

This recipe calls for 1 lb, I typically do 1.5 lbs. http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/day-305.html

Easiest and tastiest crock pot recipe.

Beef roast (your choice)
Jar of pepperoncini's

Put the beef in the crock pot and dump the jar of pepperoncini's on top. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours until it's done. Shred the beef and serve on buns. It's delicious!

I do the same thing but I add a sliced up onion in crock pot too. Then after I shred it I toss a piece of swiss cheese on top of the bun and pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes. Just enough to toast the bread and melt the cheese. Yum!

Easiest and tastiest crock pot recipe.

Beef roast (your choice)
Jar of pepperoncini's

Put the beef in the crock pot and dump the jar of pepperoncini's on top. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours until it's done. Shred the beef and serve on buns. It's delicious!

We do the same with the beef roast and THE JUICE from jar of pepperocinis, but also add a packet of italian dressing mix to it! So good and so easy!!!

The heat is insane, isn't it!?! I already have my crock pot going this morning. I am trying the cooking a beef roast in root beer thing. Then gonna shred and put in BBQ sauce to serve on buns. I think I'll be trying to use the crock pot all week.

The heat is insane, isn't it!?! I already have my crock pot going this morning. I am trying the cooking a beef roast in root beer thing. Then gonna shred and put in BBQ sauce to serve on buns. I think I'll be trying to use the crock pot all week.

It really is ridiculous! My beef tips and noodles turned out really good...just popped the noodles in for about 20 minutes and was delicious!

I'm thinking I will do the scalloped potatoes in the crock and grill some hamburgers/veggies. Boys are home all day, wish I didn't have to work so we could all go to the pool!

I am taking issue with the statement, not the recipe.
The outrageous statement got my ire up.

I would not have posted were it not for that outrageous statement.
"I promise this is the best chili recipe you will ever eat."

She doesn't say "best I ever ate".
She says she PROMISES it is the BEST chili recipe YOU wil ever eat.
That is impossible that her chili recipe, or any recipe by anyone anywhere, would be the best that everyone out there who ever read it or tired it EVER ate. Individual tastes vary too much, as do significant other factors.

It is an outrageous statement, the she PROMISES to be true.

Again, it is not about the recipe.
The outrageous statement got my ire up.

Geez. If that qualifies as "outrageous" in your world, and is enough to get your "ire" all bent out of shape, you must lead a pretty milquetoast kind of life. Sorry about your luck. :rolleyes:

Sprinkle a pack or two of onion soup on the bottom of the crockpot. Lay a pork roast on it. Spread on a can of cranberry sauce. The gravy can be thickened and put on mashed potatoes. Crazy easy, and very good (in my own humble opinion; not to be mistaken for a promise of goodness). :rolleyes1

Thanks for sharing all your great recipes, this is getting me motivated to get out my crockpot! Just curious, what size crock pots does everyone have? I feel like mine is a monster, I think it's 6 or 7 quarts. Its just 3 of us, and I think I want a smaller crockpot, do you think a 4 or 5 quart would be a better purchase?

I don't like my current one because the cooker part is just so big, it is the square type, it takes up my whole counter and that is my one and only counter for prep etc in my kitchen so I would like to go back to the oval and still have some counter space left.

Thanks for sharing all your great recipes, this is getting me motivated to get out my crockpot! Just curious, what size crock pots does everyone have? I feel like mine is a monster, I think it's 6 or 7 quarts. Its just 3 of us, and I think I want a smaller crockpot, do you think a 4 or 5 quart would be a better purchase?

I don't like my current one because the cooker part is just so big, it is the square type, it takes up my whole counter and that is my one and only counter for prep etc in my kitchen so I would like to go back to the oval and still have some counter space left.

First of all your pictures are darling! Secondly I also have a larger crock pot than I feel is necessary for our family. I went to buy a smaller one and I didn't. I actually have an oval one that is a bigger one for my little counters, but I like it's shape so I'm sticking with it.

I guess my advice would be to get a smaller one if you have the room. Then you can decide which is best for which recipe. I for one don't have the storage space so I''ve just got one :goodvibes

The easiest recipe I do is...
Green Beans
Potatoes
Smoked Sausage

The smoked sausage seasons it so well you don't need anything else, except maybe some salt. I usually do 2 cans green beans, a few potatoes- peeled and cut into a few pieces, and half pound of smoked sausage. My husband loves this. I really like the beans and potatoes and he eats the meat.

Thank you for posting the recipe for BBQ pulled pork. We went camping this weekend and our entire family thought I was nuts when I put the pork tenderlion roast and root beer in the crock pot, but they were loving the it went it was done. I know this will be a staple in our house this crazy hot summer. I cannot wait to try more recipes. :goodvibes

Great Recipes!! Not sure what I'm cooking today or tonight. Sunday's I always make a pretty decent sized meal for my boys when they get home from their dads from the weekend..but since its Father's Day he is going to keep them for supper. Kind of conflicted as to what in anything to do. Sundays I cook...that's just what I do...kind of feel alone in a vast ocean..:lmao:

I still have leftover bbq pork and chicken, so that'll be my eats for the day and probably for them for lunch tomorrow. Decisions decisions....hmmmm

I just was on the BC thread and saw you will be there the same week we are there
Can we just come over to your place to eat! :yay::rotfl2:
You have such yummy ideas!!:thanks:
Great thread, I've got the slow cooker going right now with beef, mole sauce, touch of oregano and a bit of red wine

I did a roast (eye of round cut--very tough) with 2 cans of root beer yesterday. It shredded beautifully! I added BBQ sauce and slapped it on some buns. So delicious! My family thought I was nuts too cooking meat in root beer :lmao: In fact, my dd2 kept telling me that she doesn't like root beer so she wasn't sure she'd like this. She inhaled her BBQ sandwich and usually she eats pretty slow. Definitely a hit around here! Thanks to everyone for sharing recipes!

I never understood this when people post it. Do these people just not like the smell of food cooking? Do they not cook dinner at home? Do they not eat? Have then never driven by a Burger King or McDonalds on a hot summer day (you can smell grease for miles).

You can smell food cooking all over WDW, what do you do then? Walk by plugging your nose and gagging because you don't like the smell of food cooking? :confused3

I would take the smell of food cooking over some of the perfumes/colognes people choose to wear, or lack there of.

We stayed at POP once and the people in the room near us cooked Indian style food (VERY GARLICY) They were there the week before us and they couldn't get the smell out, many people complained. If you feel the need to cook...don't do it in a hotel room.

I just was on the BC thread and saw you will be there the same week we are there
Can we just come over to your place to eat! :yay::rotfl2:
You have such yummy ideas!!:thanks:
Great thread, I've got the slow cooker going right now with beef, mole sauce, touch of oregano and a bit of red wine

Totally! Wouldn't that be fun? I do love to cook so adding a few more ingredients is pretty easy..lol! I'll have the Crock pot so..you never know :goodvibes

Ok need more yummy recipes. Since it has hit 100 in philly I need to have some crock pot (simple quick ones) ideas to cook up some fast meals w/o sweating in my house :)

Did make the root beer pork and it was delish!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter