Crock pot meals

i think i have posted these before on another crock pot thread somewhere on the dis...but here goes....

mexican chicken - 3-4 chicken breast frozen, 1 super large jar salsa or two small/medium ones, 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 1 can black beans, 1 small can corn. water depending on how hot your pot runs. leave in pot on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 (again, time and setting depends on how your pot runs.) shred chix before serving. serve over rice or we like it in bowls with tortilla chips and shredded cheese, like a dip.

sheppards pie - 1 lb browed ground beef or turkey, drain fat. add small can mushrooms, small can corn or peas and 1 can cream of mushroom soup. top with mashed potatos (on vacation i just use the ready made ones. very easy!). set on low (3-4 hours)or warm (can sit like that all day) setting.

BBQ pork - small boneless pork roast or even a large package of boneless pork chops. (both can be put in frozen) rub with BBQ seasoning if desired. half bottle of BBQ sauce and depening on how long you will be leaving it cook and again how hot your pot runs....water. (pork will give off some liquid as well). set on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours. shred (you might not have to, mine always falls apart. serve either on rolls or just plated up with some store bought pototo or macaroni salad and some canned corn. yummy....when's luch!?!?

Kielbasa and sourkrout. ok, this one will be stinky and not everyone’s gig, but my family loved it. frozen kielbasa (pound, cut into chunks - cuts better if you nuke it for a min.) large can of krout - water if you are going to be away all day. can't be easier. serve over more of those store bought mashed potatoes or cube some real taters and throw in between the meat and the krout. we always toss in some hot dogs for the boy who hates kielbasa but loves krout and dogs. if you have them handy from another meal i toss in some cut onion as well.

Unless a room is equipped with a kitchen, I personally don't think you should use a crock-pot...I don't want to be the one who gets the room after you and has to live with someone's cooking smells...I know that when I cook anything in the crock-pot, the house is filled with the aroma and into the next day as well. If the room has a kitchenette, than feel free to cook whatever you like, as cooking smells would be expected.

Cheezy Potato Soup
8 cups of potatoes peeled and cubed ( about 8 -10 medium potatoes)
1 onion diced
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 can of cream of chicken
2 cans of low sodium chicken broth
1 pkg of cream cheese (softened and cubed)
1/2 lb of bacon cooked and diced ( sometimes if I don't have time and don't want my house to smell I just get the microwave bacon)

on low heat for 8-10 hours

This is a family fav we serve it every christmas eve.

Go crazy if you're in a condo or rental home, but GROSS - please do not cook meatballs and roast and chicken in a crockpot if you are staying in a hotel room. I am vegetarian and the smell of cooking meat nauseates me. If you are cooking that in the room next to me, I would have to change rooms to get away from the odor.

Always remember that what seems yummy to you may really be disgusting to someone else.

:flower3:

You've gotten some great recipes. I wanted to add a tip to make your clean up easier. I use the crock pot liners. They are similar to a cooking bag, but they line the crock pot so you don't have any baked on food to clean up later. I use them all the time, but it would be really great to have less mess while on vacation.

are people always like this on here?

She was just asking for a recipe.......not a guilt trip.

Ok, 2 of my favorite quick preps and delicious tasting..
cubed potatoes, carrots just toss in crockpot put you roast beef on top and then pour 2 cans of gravy over everything..cook on low for 7-8 hours...
My other one: put your pork chops or chicken in pot, mix a box of stove top stuffing and 1 cup of water and then put it on top the meat, pour a can of cream of chicken soup over the stuffing and cook for 7 hours on low. These are fast preps and very good to eat.. Good luck..Just don't leave a spoon out for mousekeeping to have a taste:)

are people always like this on here?

She was just asking for a recipe.......not a guilt trip.

I completely agree. I think that it is a great idea. I will probably use it when I have kids and go to WDW. Then my family can spend more money on souveneirs. :)

I guess I'm confused. I thought the whole purpose of a crock pot was to load it up and leave it alone all day. I always leave mine on while I'm at work and don't think twice about it.

My favorite recipe: Beef roast, Taco seasoning, 2 cans chopped tomatoes, chopped onion & chopped green peppers. Leave it on low for about 8 hours. Toss in a jar of olives, drained, for the last hour or so. Shred and use for tacos. (I usually reduce the sauce over the stove, but I think you could just uncover for the last hour and let it reduce) Also good over rice.

Thanks for the thread !

My favorite crockpot recipe:

1) take the face plate off of the outlet in your hotel room
2) strip the rubber coating off of the crockpot cord
3) fill the crockpot with a mixture of gasoline and ammonium nitrate (fertilizer)
4) disengage the temperature safety features of the crockpot so that it will not stop heating.
5) leave unattended for hours.
:cool1:

We did this last time we stayed in our condo. It was extremely helpful. This is my fave:
French dip
4 pounds rump roast
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
add some rolls and bagged salad, and you are good to go.

I would check with hotel to see if they allow cooking in the room.If the hotel doesnt and the maid see th crock pot and reports it to the hotel manager you could probably get in trouble is it worth it

I like to cook ribs and bologna in my crockpot. Of course, your room will smell like BBQ meat for a few days, but who cares?
Have a great time and enjoy your crockpot.

I'm thinking the people who got the room after you would care. Who wants to smell someone's old cooked food?

The OP is in a condo, so she will have a kitchen, and is free to cook if she likes. The regular resort rooms are not set up for cooking.

Just got back from Disney. It was a wonderful trip. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at Orange Lake Resort & I did use my crockpot with no problems. Thanks for some good recipes :)

I know I am chiming in late on this one, but never let it be said I didn't get my .02 in! :) We use a crockpot at home at least twice a week. We are DVC owners and have a full kitchen. I have never given a 2nd thought to leaving our crockpot on for hours at either place. Many of my friends also do it. We drive to both HHI and WDW so transport isn't an issue. Now I want to thank you all for giving me a new neurosis!!!! I am queen of obsessing on the worst ... so I can't believe this one got past me! Will I be bringing my crockpot (that is already packed) on Friday's trip ........ AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I don't know!!!

I know I am chiming in late on this one, but never let it be said I didn't get my .02 in! :) We use a crockpot at home at least twice a week. We are DVC owners and have a full kitchen. I have never given a 2nd thought to leaving our crockpot on for hours at either place. Many of my friends also do it. We drive to both HHI and WDW so transport isn't an issue. Now I want to thank you all for giving me a new neurosis!!!! I am queen of obsessing on the worst ... so I can't believe this one got past me! Will I be bringing my crockpot (that is already packed) on Friday's trip ........ AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I don't know!!!

I think you would be crazy not to. Seriously - a great time saver. Throw it all together before you go out the door and when you get home you don't have to spend another hour or so cooking for everyone. Make it easy on yourself...

I think it is a GREAT idea thanks for all the recipies!!!

Here's another variation on the pot roast that's really popular up here (in the frozen North).

beef or pork roast (cheap cut, any kind)
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 can cranberry sauce (I use the kind with whole berries)
big squirt ketchup

I'd love to try the saurkraut one. But we don't get Read's potato salad (canned) ??? I've never seen that!

If you are in a studio with kitchenette, (toaster, microwave, sink,etc.) would it be okay to use crockpot on kitchen counter. Sure would like to do this some on our extended stays...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter