crock pot chicken

sloneta

Mouseketeer
When you cook a large quantity of chicken in the crockpot to divide up and freeze for later use, how do you cook it? Do you cover it with water, add seasoning, etc?

Thanks!

I never cover it with water, but I usually don't cook just chicken, I do some kind of meal with potatoes and veggies or something, you usually wind up with a lot of liquid anyway.

I add about 1 cup of chicken broth (sometimes made from granules) and whatever I have on hand of onions, carrots, and celery. Sometimes I add dried parsley too. You end up with chicken (obviously :D) and double-strength broth. I put the broth in the fridge over night so that I can scrape the fat off. A lot of times I use it in a meal the next day, but sometimes I freeze it. I usually don't add the equal amount of water before I freeze it because it would just take up more space, but sometimes I do if I freeze the broth in ice cube trays. The broth is really good with lots of fresh ground pepper added, and especially when used for chicken and dumplings.

partially frozen......and then a can of tomatoes and some seasonings.......then it is all ready for what ever you want to do wiht it.....it was delicious by the way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter