CRO no longer allowed to look up for pin codes?

frisco

DIS Veteran
Just called CRO to see if either me or my wife might have a pin code attached to our name. Rude CM said they were no longer allowed to look to see if a pin code was attached to someone's name.

Is that true?

I just had CRO do this for me this morning. We got a mailer with a pin a few days ago and I forgot to put it in my purse before I left for work this morning. So I called and asked if it was possible to have it looked up so I could book a reservation. The CM I spoke with said it was no problem and found it within a few minutes and I was able to place my reservation.

I just had CRO do this for me this morning. We got a mailer with a pin a few days ago and I forgot to put it in my purse before I left for work this morning. So I called and asked if it was possible to have it looked up so I could book a reservation. The CM I spoke with said it was no problem and found it within a few minutes and I was able to place my reservation.

The CM told me if we had received a mailer he could look it up.

So technically, they can. I'm curious if they're just being told not to unless the guest tells them they received something in the mail.

I've heard others say that the CMs told them they could not look up to see if they had pins to their names. They say it takes too much time for them to do that and it ties up the phone lines. It doesn't seem to me that that could be the case. I did however call about 3 weeks ago and did the very same thing. I remember I did receive an email for a 40% pin code near the end of 2008, but I could not find the email and thought that it had gotten deleted. The CM I spoke to did look it up for me and gave me the details. Of course, the next day I was looking more thoroughly through my emails and I found it so this time I printed it out so I would have all the dates.

It really depends on which CM you get - some will say they can't do it, just hang up and dial again. Usually by the 2nd try I can get someone who will gladly help me - it really depends on the CM.

Just keep trying! :thumbsup2

If you consider how short staffed they are now and how many such calls they now get, I am not surprised. There used to be an 800 number that was overused for the same purpose and they did away with it, unfortunately.

I called this morning in the truly desperate hope that a FD pin was attached to my name. First call, rude CM told me she wasn't allowed to look it up. I said that a friend had had someone do that for her, and she told me they've never been allowed to, and she's worked there a long time. Whatever.

Called right back and got a nicer person, who tried and only found a 30% one. We're already booked with a 40%, and I never received any e-mails or anything on a 30%, so I don't know what that was all about. My point is, it's all about who you get.

Incidentally, when I told her I was desperate for the FD code, she said, "You just need to wait a couple of months, don't worry." I told her I was worried they wouldn't offer it to the general public because of the PINs, and she really thought they would. Here's hoping she's right!!!

I called this morning in the truly desperate hope that a FD pin was attached to my name. First call, rude CM told me she wasn't allowed to look it up. I said that a friend had had someone do that for her, and she told me they've never been allowed to, and she's worked there a long time. Whatever.

Called right back and got a nicer person, who tried and only found a 30% one. We're already booked with a 40%, and I never received any e-mails or anything on a 30%, so I don't know what that was all about. My point is, it's all about who you get.

Incidentally, when I told her I was desperate for the FD code, she said, "You just need to wait a couple of months, don't worry." I told her I was worried they wouldn't offer it to the general public because of the PINs, and she really thought they would. Here's hoping she's right!!!

QUick question for you since you are booked with a 40% off code - can you add dining to it or is it room only? What about park tickets or Deluxe dining? I know the 40% off is only for the room but wanted to know if there were restrictions on the package like there are with the 40% off military code (no tickets - no deluxe dining). If you don't know that is okay. Just wondering...

QUick question for you since you are booked with a 40% off code - can you add dining to it or is it room only? What about park tickets or Deluxe dining? I know the 40% off is only for the room but wanted to know if there were restrictions on the package like there are with the 40% off military code (no tickets - no deluxe dining). If you don't know that is okay. Just wondering...

I am new to all of this, so I don't know for sure, but I think the 40% off we have is a room-only discount, but we did add tickets for sure. We have the room and 8-day base tickets right now, and our discount is only on the room. I would think we could add DDP, and it would be regular price. I don't know about deluxe dining.

I really want the FD PIN, since the 40% off saved us $260 (we're staying 7 nights at POP), but the FD would save us $630 (2 adults, 1 child). I want to cancel the 40% off and book with FD if I get a PIN, or (please GOD!) if there is a general public announcement.

Sorry I'm not more help-good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter