CRO Can No Longer Check For Codes!?!

ProudMommyof2

DIS Veteran
I just called CRO to ask if there were any codes attached to my name. The very perky CM apologized and said they are no longer allowed to check that info. I would simply have to wait and see if I got an email or postcard!
Has anyone else gotten this response?

Can you hear that???? The sound of DIS'ers calling CRO to verify your post!

I spoke to a CM last night who checked for me...at least she SAID she did...and found nothing.

I called Friday and the CM looked under my name, my husband's name, our daughter's name, our address and our telephone number. She was really sweet. I could hear her pecking around on her keyboard so I know she was really checking.

Ok, then if they are not allowed to check that info..can we call and give a code given to us by a friend and be able to use that easier??;) I know..a long shot. Boy, they are really cracking down on us!:headache:

That's funny because the last time we called, we had a code postcard in front of us and they insisted on looking up the code by our last name. They couldn't find it, even though the name was right on our postcard. We kept asking them to look it up by the PIN and they refused. We had to call back a couple times.

DISers have finally driven the CMs crazy asking about pin codes. I knew it would happen sooner or later. :laughing:

Or maybe it's a combination of asking about codes, changing resorts, changing ADRs, and asking to confirm or deny rumors multiple times in one day. They probably have DIS next to our names with a :mad: face instead of a pin code. CRO: No, 'maam, there's no code here[frantic typing is just an IM to next desk saying "when will it stop?"]and we aren't allowed to give that information anymore[so please stop bugging us already]. Have a magical day!

Well - that's just great!:rolleyes:

What I really always wanted was attitude and non-customer service when I am trying to spend some hard-earned money at Disney. I guess in theory we can kiss PIN codes goodbye. I found out when I was trying to book another stay at Disney for April that we had 2 codes in the system currently. I did NOT receive an email or a postcard that gave the details. The only way I knew about them was the CM mentioning that I had them. They BOTH did me no good.

I just called CRO to ask if there were any codes attached to my name. The very perky CM apologized and said they are no longer allowed to check that info. I would simply have to wait and see if I got an email or postcard!
Has anyone else gotten this response?

If this is the case, I want to know why the Disney MAGIC can't start with the CM at CRO!?!

If I am eligible for a discount, for whatever reason... general discount code, FL resident, AP rate, but especially when I or my household has been selected by Disney, for a discount with a personal pin number, but perhaps was buried in bulk mail or lost with the junk mail, I don't understand why CM's can't offer that information. I would think it would go a long way in terms of customer service and public relations.

Of course, I understand, Disney is a business, and wants to make the largest profit possible, but only a set number of rooms or packages are allotted for such discounts and/or discounts are only offered when reservations numbers are down, anyway.

This can't be true. I called CRO this AM around 10:30 (407-939-6244). That is CRO right? I asked the lovely lady that was helping to check for a code and she did. She found one under my name but it wasn't for the dates I was looking for. She was very nice and said to give it a while but then to try again! :goodvibes So hopefully nothing changed?

Well - that's just great!:rolleyes:

What I really always wanted was attitude and non-customer service when I am trying to spend some hard-earned money at Disney. I guess in theory we can kiss PIN codes goodbye. I found out when I was trying to book another stay at Disney for April that we had 2 codes in the system currently. I did NOT receive an email or a postcard that gave the details. The only way I knew about them was the CM mentioning that I had them. They BOTH did me no good.

See, this is my beef...if I don't get a postcard or email, and if, when I start to book a ressie and the CM doesn't mention that there's a code by my name, then how am I supposed to know without asking?? And believe me, if there's ever been one, no CM has ever told ME!

What they may have meant was they cannot discuss any upcoming discount codes, or provide a code, if they even know of any. Generally the guest has to ask for them, I think.

See, this is my beef...if I don't get a postcard or email, and if, when I start to book a ressie and the CM doesn't mention that there's a code by my name, then how am I supposed to know without asking?? And believe me, if there's ever been one, no CM has ever told ME!

I completely agree with you. I hope this isn't true. I happened to have the 40% off code attached to my name but I never received an e-mail or a postcard notifying me of it. I wouldn't even have known about the code if I didn't go on these boards. We were planning on taking this year off but the code was too good to pass up. It was a mutually beneficial question!

I don't think this is true. If a customer calls to enquire if they have a discount, and they do, and the CM refuses to look up that info, and the customer says "no thank you, goodbye." when the CM asks if they would like to book anything, I would think that Disney would get very upset on a possible vacation being booked and not being booked due to a customer not being told about a discount.

Now, however, if a customer books anyway without asking for a code, it is totally up the CM if they want to let the customer know of additional savings. While possibly costing Disney more money by giving the customer a discount, it would possibly enable the customer to enjoy more visits to WDW or extend their stay??

I called last week to enquire if I had a code, but was too scared to, and instead asked if I were to book a room, and had to cancel what is the policy? I really want to go, but without a good discount, probably won't happen this year. Having worked in a call cente before I realize that they are probably on a time limit, so I asked her if I want a quote shall I just do that online, or are u able to do that for me? She then joked that she felt like being nice so she would quote for me. :thumbsup2 She then quoted me a price but while doing that she said "oh you have a pin here." and quoted me the price for 20% off. I booked it in the hopes that I can get something better, if not, I have time to cancel. I was still to shy to ask if I had a 40% code off also.

I then informed her that I did not know that I had a discount, and she said sometimes they come by mail or email but that they can also inform us when we call. I called back yesterday to see if I had the 40% off code and was told no, they will be sending them to canadians. "Oh so then I should call back?" I was told no, that I would get an email, or postcard. I informed the CM that since I had no email of the previous discount that I would call back to check.

So yes I would call back and see, because the info does not seem consistent.

Stephanie

This can't be true. I called CRO this AM around 10:30 (407-939-6244). That is CRO right? I asked the lovely lady that was helping to check for a code and she did. She found one under my name but it wasn't for the dates I was looking for. She was very nice and said to give it a while but then to try again! :goodvibes So hopefully nothing changed?

I just tried also, and no codes attached but he was very helpful and did update our phone number.

I called yesterday and when I asked I got a very quick no. Today, I was told they are not allowed to check. It may simply be a case of the all to familiar " If you don't get an answer that sounds right, hang up and try someone different." This is what I was told though, and it seems that at least one other person got the same response.

That's a perfect example of what I'm saying...many on here have received the 40% off by calling to book, not by receiving an email or post card notification!

Edited to add that this is in response to NJPluto's comments above.

I received my 40% off by e-mail. The e-mail was in my hot-mail account I rarely use. I occasionally go in and clean it out.

When I called I told them I just received an e-mail and I would like to make room reservations. I asked if I could use the 40% off on any resort. I was told I could. I have her my # that was on the e-mail. When she typed in my #, this is when my name came up. I told her I called a few days ago, and there was no discount with my name. She told me, there is no way of knowing if there is a code attached to your name, unless I gave them the # I receive via e-mail.

So I booked, I cancelled and I have rebooked. Thinking about adding a few days on in the beginning yet. I have until March 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter