Critter Encounter!

SR

Mouseketeer
:)
As I plan for our upcoming Sept. trip to WDW, I have been looking at our pictures from our two other trips. :) Doing this always brings back memories and one of my favorite ones happen during our first ever trip to WDW. We stayed at Pop. It was me and my DS, (for his 29th birthday). We had a "comando" first day and we were really wiped out. We climbed into our beds and all of a sudden my DS said "what the heck" :scared1: and I heard a thump on the wall. He jumped out of bed and turned on the light.

He said something had jumped on his neck and he grabbed it and threw it. At the time we didn't have a clue what it was. We looked all over the place and couldn't find anything. So I took all the blankets and sheets off both beds and shook them just to be sure...:eek: :eek:

The next morning we saw a lizard in the bathroom...mystery solved. We couldn't catch it, so we left it there.:confused3

When we got back to our room that afternoon, it was on my bed this time and jumped when I turned down the bedspread!:scared1:

I checked our beds everytime we got back into the room, but those were the only times we saw it. :confused3

We talked and laughed many times over this "encounter". We aren't afraid of the lizards...just don't want them as bed partners!:lmao:

We now always make sure we aren't on the ground floor!

Have you had any "encounters"?

The first time we stayed onsite at ASMu, we had a critter encounter, except outside our room. We just left our room in the Jazz building, facing the walkway towards the fountain in the middle and saw an armadillo waddling along. Being from the Great White North, we don't see many of those! We get raccoons instead.

We stayed at CSR :banana: in 2004 and while walking around we found a path way threw the swap area :-)confused3 I think its behind the main pool) in the swamps we found lots of very cool brides and counted 3 alligators this was right before dark one of the alligators was at least 6’ long big sucker my DH said (he grew up in FL), me I had to go back to our room to change my underwear it scared the …. Out of me. Same trip we saw an armadillo our last morning I think he stopped buy to say have a magical last day:thumbsup2 .

We seen alot of these around, though never in our room. :eek:

WDWTrip2005-1023.jpg

We stayed at CSR :banana: in 2004 and while walking around we found a path way threw the swap area :-)confused3 I think its behind the main pool) in the swamps we found lots of very cool brides and counted 3 alligators this was right before dark one of the alligators was at least 6’ long big sucker my DH said (he grew up in FL), me I had to go back to our room to change my underwear it scared the …. Out of me. Same trip we saw an armadillo our last morning I think he stopped buy to say have a magical last day:thumbsup2 .

Gah! :scared1: The alligators were just... roaming the paths of CSR? We'll be staying there in Oct and this Great White Northerner would really not come face to face with one! I'm also confused by brides?

Those are geckos and they're relatively harmless. You'll see them all over the state. I'm not surprized that you couldn't catch it. They're fast! But don't worry about them. They won't hurt you.

Beth

Ummmm, this path was waaaaaaay behind the main pool right?:scared:

WDWTrip2005-1023.jpg

That cute little guy is an Anole. I have one hiding out in my house right now, I have been trying all day to catch him, hopefully he will show himself soon so I can reintroduce him to the great outdoors. Hubby has been fixing our deck and the door has been open alot, guess that is how he got in.

Amie

If there was a lizard in my room, front desk would have to relocate me to another as I am terrified of LIZARDS!!!No matter how big or small they are. It's a fear I don't think I will overcome in this life, but trust me, I would freak out!!!Luckily I have not encountered any yet!:sad2: :eek: :scared:

When we stayed a Wilderness Lodge last October, there was a family of bunny rabbits that liked to hang out by the quiet pool. That was really neat. They didn't seem too afraid of anyone, as long as we kept our distance.

WDWTrip2005-1023.jpg

These little guys are over at Animal Kingdom too and are often the vistims of strollers wheels and human feet. If you are ever walking along and a guy asks you to swerve around the lizard, that's my husband.

When I was pulling into the Hess gas station at the Boardwalk, I pumped the gas while my husband directed traffic around a turtle that was trying to get to the grass.

On our latest trip, there was a female duck contently sleeping with her beak under her wing. In the middle of the walkway in Canada. she wasn't even bothered by the preteen boy who didn't see her and almost walked into her. I think she might have opened her eyes. But then she went back to sleep. We've also have see the Sandhill Cranes over at Pop Century and the albino peacock at Fort Wilderness.

We love these guys, and always watch where we walk because of them. One day we saw one take off after a Palmetto about half it's size. It was pretty funny, but we didn't stay to watch the outcome. :scared:

We love the bunny and duck encounters we have all over the place.

I know!! I'm waiting for the answer to that question still myself! Also the allusion to swamp brides.... I can't begin to describe the images that brings to mind! :rotfl: The little lizards I have no problems with but alligators are another story. I know I've read and seen pics of one in the CSR lake, which makes me a teensy bit nervous about hanging out in those appealing hammocks on the beach. But on the other hand, this is Disney and they wouldn't allow guests to be eaten on property I'm sure. Right? Right??

On our last trip at ASSp we were walking into our room for the night and we heard a croak. At that moment our 18mo. DS shut the door and smashed a good size toad in it and on the carpet. Mousekeeping came and cleaned it up, but I couldn't handle walking in and out past it so we switched rooms the next day.

Last year I saw a 'gator in one of the ponds on one of the golf courses (not a golf type person I have no idea which course it was) which was really funky. Saw the nose bumps and eye bumps. Also at the POR has a colony of ants in our room.

But on the other hand, this is Disney and they wouldn't allow guests to be eaten on property I'm sure. Right? Right??

If something like having a guest even bothered by an alligator while at Disney World ever happened, the press would be all over it like syrup on a stack of pancakes.

Alligators do not see humans as a natural prey. Yes, attacks do happen. But it's more than likely because one of us stupid humans decided to pet the thing or something. I'm not saying someone could be in the wrong place at the wrong time but I figure my chances of being attacked by an alligator are about the same as me walking down the street and being picked as a civilian candidate to go up in the next space shuttle.

Those little lizards are probably more afraid of you than you are of them! I lived in FL for 15 years (until last year) and used to find those guys in my house on a regular basis. I became an expert catcher of lizards! :) Disneyjammin, if I'm ever in WDW the same time as you, I'll come over and evict the little guy! I think they are cute.........:)

If there was a lizard in my room, front desk would have to relocate me to another as I am terrified of LIZARDS!!!No matter how big or small they are. It's a fear I don't think I will overcome in this life, but trust me, I would freak out!!!Luckily I have not encountered any yet!:sad2: :eek: :scared:

I am totally with you on this! I know lizards are harmless and probably more afraid of me than I am of them, etc....but they freak me out and make my skin crawl anyway!!!

That said, we did see a few little ones on the walkways at Pop. They usually scurried out of our way when they saw us coming. But, my absolute favorite animals in the world are bunnies (evidenced by the picture of my sweet black & white boy). One night in December we were were coming back to our room at around 1:00 a.m. (we had just been to MVMCP). The cutest little brown bunny was munching on wet grass near the path to our room. We stopped to talk to him and he didn't seem to mind as long as we didn't get too close. When we was done munching, he sprang at least 5 feet into the air and went on his way. He was nice enough to pose for this picture:

PC210448.jpg

Kind a of close to the pool http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/gifs/CSR_RESORT_MAP.jpg if u look at the map its right in front of the 6b rancho building there is swap lagoon type area lots of water with a walk way made of wood they where right there about in the middle don’t let the map fool u this is a full swap the path is elevated and u go threw a very natural preserved area very nice,:eek: all full of snakes and spiders and alligator oh my:eek:

We had an encounter TODAY at the BC quiet pool with a four foot snake. It slithered across a path between shrubs.:eek:

It may have been a garter snake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter