Critique my touring plan: Day 1 of 2 MK

Paigevon

Starchild~☆
Tuesday, May 31st:

Touringplans: 8
EWDW: Most recommended

Hopefully the 9 am opening doesn't change.

Going with birthday girl turning five, her first visit :) DH and my first visit in almost 10 years!

1. CRT 8:15 breakfast ADR (hoping to arrive at 8 am, allotted about 50 minutes?)
2. (9:11) Peter Pan's flight - 15 min wait
3. (9:30) It's a small world - 12 min wait
4. (10:07) Splash mountain - 12 min wait
5. (10:44)Magic carpets of Aladdin - 32 min wait
6. (11:22) Tom Sawyert Island 5 min wait, 30 min play time
7. 12:30 lunch at Pecos Bill
8. (1:22) Meet Tink on way out for break - 15 min wait
9. Rest @ resort (Ft W cabins) allotted 3 hours for travel and nap total
10. (4:50) Mad tea party - 7 min wait
11. (5:00) Adv of Pooh - 30 min wait
12. (5:37) Dumbo - 28 min wait
13. (6:10) Mermaid ride - 7 min wait
14. (6:25) Meet Ariel - 34 min wait
15. (7:07) Enchanted Tales w Belle - 15 min wait
16. 7:45 Dinner @ Cosmic Ray's
17. (8:30) Monster's Inc - 7 min wait/15 min play time
18. (8:54) Buzz lightyear - 25 min wait
19. (10:00) Wishes
20. (10:18) Meet anna and Elsa - 33 min wait

Total: 897 min, 291 in line, 460 busy, 50 free, 96 walking

Does anything seem off? Not worth it? Should I add anything, remove anything, switch something out? Too busy? What should I try to get FP+ for? We are doing a second day at MK so what are MUST DO'S I've missed (besides 7DMT, also "must do's from others: space mountain and potc.. )?

Are there any don't miss character meet and greets? I'd like to add in Alice and Rapunzel, Gaston, Merida, but they weren't in touringplans options. Aladdin is usually at Epcot right? We're doing Tusker House breakfast one morning so we should see Mickey, Minnie there right?

This day's focus is 5 y/o DD while making sure DH isn't bored. ;) She's tall enough for almost every ride (45") also.

Thank in advance!!

Last edited:
You don't mention when you're going, so I'll assume you still have some flexibility since you're at the planning stage. I'd be surprised if you got out of CRT by rope drop. I'd see about switching it to BOG and/or moving it to lunch time if possible. I'd also move more of the small Fantasyland rides to the morning to take advantage of the first hour and reduce the amount of walking. Maybe something like this:

Peter Pan
Meet Ariel (before line gets too long)
Mermaid ride
Dumbo
Pooh
Small World
Tom Sawyer Island
Splash (FP+)
12:30 Lunch at CRT
Meet Tink
BREAK
Monsters Inc.
Buzz (FP+)
Teacups
Enchanted Tales
Meet Anna & Elsa (FP+)
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's
Wishes
Magic Carpets

If you can't or don't want to move CRT, I would skip Peter Pan in the morning and try it after Wishes, unless you manage to get out of CRT before rope drop. Also, not sure what your plans are for Wishes, but might be fun for the 5yo to ride the carpets while the fireworks are going -- just have to time it right.

Also, for character greetings check out Kenny the Pirate's site -- he has all the locations and times as well as tips.

You don't mention when you're going, so I'll assume you still have some flexibility since you're at the planning stage. I'd be surprised if you got out of CRT by rope drop. I'd see about switching it to BOG and/or moving it to lunch time if possible. I'd also move more of the small Fantasyland rides to the morning to take advantage of the first hour and reduce the amount of walking. Maybe something like this:

Peter Pan
Meet Ariel (before line gets too long)
Mermaid ride
Dumbo
Pooh
Small World
Tom Sawyer Island
Splash (FP+)
12:30 Lunch at CRT
Meet Tink
BREAK
Monsters Inc.
Buzz (FP+)
Teacups
Enchanted Tales
Meet Anna & Elsa (FP+)
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's
Wishes
Magic Carpets

If you can't or don't want to move CRT, I would skip Peter Pan in the morning and try it after Wishes, unless you manage to get out of CRT before rope drop. Also, not sure what your plans are for Wishes, but might be fun for the 5yo to ride the carpets while the fireworks are going -- just have to time it right.

Also, for character greetings check out Kenny the Pirate's site -- he has all the locations and times as well as tips.

While there is a CRT lunch available, there isn't a pre-park opening BOG breakfast available for 3.

However, my husband is eating at BOG (8:20 ADR) while we eat at CRT (8:15) because of the cost, so could he hold a spot in line for us after he finishes--is that acceptable, for us to join him in line?

Taking your other suggestions into consideration now, thank you! Never heard of watching Wishes from the Magic Carpet ride--so cool! If we don't utilize that this time, we definitely will keep it filed away for another visit.

Thank you for your feedback!

He will not be able to hold your place in line. And if he tries to be prepared for others in line already to block your way or say something to you about it. It is very rude to hold a place and have others push past to the front to join them. CRT will take at least 60 minutes and most likely more. You will wait at least 30-40 minutes for PP at 9:15 if you are going in the summer. I'm not sure why but that ride is never less than 45 minutes in the summer after rope drop. Wait times for pooh, belle, and ariels ride are way off if this is a summer trip. I would try to FP a few of those things like PP or Anna and Elsa. Depending on when you are going be advised they may not be in MK anymore. I believe they are heading back to Epcot once the frozen ride opens. Never count on a short line for that meet and greet. During wishes the wait might be less, but using a FP you will still wait 10 minutes. Also, Splash has a line by noon time. Once it gets hot the line gets super long. May want to FP that one.

He will not be able to hold your place in line. And if he tries to be prepared for others in line already to block your way or say something to you about it. It is very rude to hold a place and have others push past to the front to join them. CRT will take at least 60 minutes and most likely more. You will wait at least 30-40 minutes for PP at 9:15 if you are going in the summer. I'm not sure why but that ride is never less than 45 minutes in the summer after rope drop. Wait times for pooh, belle, and ariels ride are way off if this is a summer trip. I would try to FP a few of those things like PP or Anna and Elsa. Depending on when you are going be advised they may not be in MK anymore. I believe they are heading back to Epcot once the frozen ride opens. Never count on a short line for that meet and greet. During wishes the wait might be less, but using a FP you will still wait 10 minutes. Also, Splash has a line by noon time. Once it gets hot the line gets super long. May want to FP that one.
Okay, definitely understand. No intention of being rude. I have read about people holding places in line while others take bathroom breaks, as long as it wasn't an enclosed space holding area, and have even heard it recommended to have one adult take little ones to get a drink if they got antsy in line.

We're going end of May through beginning of June, before most places let out for school.

One of the reasons I just added A&E on to the end is because I'm figuring they'll probably be in Epcot by then.

Thank you for the advise. :)

I'd keep CRT even if you don't get out by rope drop. I took my daughter for her 5th birthday, and it's one of her favorite memories. Well worth the time and the money.

IMO Magic Carpets is not worth a 30 minute wait, but depends if you are big aladdin fans or not. I agree with trying to avoid criss-crossing the park. Enjoy your CRT breakfast!!!

We went at the same time last year hoping to beat the rush. Frozen opens in the spring so they should be in Epcot by then. Most lines are enclosed with a few exceptions. People do try to save places in lines. It can get very ugly. There have even been some fights over the matter (videos of such winding up here on the disboards). The queues in most lines are interactive or at least very well themed to keep kids entertained. Dumbo has a playground inside. It can be difficult to get out of a line so it is best to hit restrooms and such before getting in a line. You didn't mention if you are onsite or not. If you are onsite take advantage of the emh. Keep checking the schedule as Disney is famous for adding emh a month or so before or just changing the opening time in general. We lost our pre park ressies when that happened, but we planned a second day of those same ressies just in case that happened. Even so, we still got a lot done before 10 in Fantasyland. After that all the lines in Fantasy grew pretty quickly. If you are onsite use the FP and make your choices at 60 days. Offsite is 30 days. Some rides are available same day but your choices and times get very limited the closer you get to your park days.

IMO Magic Carpets is not worth a 30 minute wait, but depends if you are big aladdin fans or not. I agree with trying to avoid criss-crossing the park. Enjoy your CRT breakfast!!!
True, we may go for it after Wishes depending on how exhausted she is!

I really think having her first Disney experience as breakfast at CRT will be magical, too, so I think we'll stick with it :)

I created an alternative plan following PP's advice by keeping CRT and a few minor changes and ended up with a good plan with comparable times as well. I'll keep both as options until it's time to pick FP and go from there :) Hope E&A have officially moved to Epcot with FP there by then.

We went at the same time last year hoping to beat the rush. Frozen opens in the spring so they should be in Epcot by then.
Wee you successful at beating the rush?
I think so too.

Most lines are enclosed with a few exceptions. People do try to save places in lines. It can get very ugly. There have even been some fights over the matter (videos of such winding up here on the disboards). The queues in most lines are interactive or at least very well themed to keep kids entertained. Dumbo has a playground inside. It can be difficult to get out of a line so it is best to hit restrooms and such before getting in a line.
Oh god no definitely want to avoid that. If anyone started getting angry I'd be overly nice in return, "I'm so sorry you seem to be having a bad day! Why don't you go ahead of us? Let's all have a magical vacation, no need to be upset." It's sad grown people will resort to fighting.. especially in such an atmosphere. :( That truly saddens me. I hope I don't come across anyone like that.

You didn't mention if you are onsite or not. If you are onsite take advantage of the emh. Keep checking the schedule as Disney is famous for adding emh a month or so before or just changing the opening time in general. We lost our pre park ressies when that happened, but we planned a second day of those same ressies just in case that happened. Even so, we still got a lot done before 10 in Fantasyland. After that all the lines in Fantasy grew pretty quickly. If you are onsite use the FP and make your choices at 60 days. Offsite is 30 days. Some rides are available same day but your choices and times get very limited the closer you get to your park days.
We are onsite. Definitely will take advantage of FP+ but I've heard to avoid EMH because it's always busier those times, with most resort guests flocking to the parks with the EMH.

Thank you again :)

Hi! I know you said you made an alternate plan, just wanted to point out in regards to your original plan that I've never seen a 30 minute wait for Aladdin's Carpets that early. I've seen 30-40 mins mid-afternoon during Thanksgiving week and at one point last month on MLK day, but that's about it!

Being a mom of all boys who went to CRT for the first time last Nov., I think you should stick with breakfast, too :goodvibes I agree with ChloesDaddy that you most likely won't be out by 9 but I believe you'll think it's worth it. Not necessarily the food lol, but the experience. I would also FP PP if your DD likes the movie as the wait builds early and stays that way ALL day and night. Have a great trip pixiedust:

We are onsite. Definitely will take advantage of FP+ but I've heard to avoid EMH because it's always busier those times, with most resort guests flocking to the parks with the EMH.
FYI, if you have hoppers then taking advantage of morning EMH hours & leaving that park when it gets crowded to hop to a non-EMH park isn't a bad idea. The amount of on-site guests who take advantage of morning EMH isn't that great, so the "crowd" isn't crazy and you can manage to get a good amount of stuff done. It's by say mid-morning that the park crowds up; also if the park has evening EMH hours it can be busier during the day.

Hi! I know you said you made an alternate plan, just wanted to point out in regards to your original plan that I've never seen a 30 minute wait for Aladdin's Carpets that early. I've seen 30-40 mins mid-afternoon during Thanksgiving week and at one point last month on MLK day, but that's about it!

Being a mom of all boys who went to CRT for the first time last Nov., I think you should stick with breakfast, too :goodvibes I agree with ChloesDaddy that you most likely won't be out by 9 but I believe you'll think it's worth it. Not necessarily the food lol, but the experience. I would also FP PP if your DD likes the movie as the wait builds early and stays that way ALL day and night. Have a great trip pixiedust:
Oh that'd be great if it's a shorter wait!

Will keep that in mind, thank you! !

FYI, if you have hoppers then taking advantage of morning EMH hours & leaving that park when it gets crowded to hop to a non-EMH park isn't a bad idea. The amount of on-site guests who take advantage of morning EMH isn't that great, so the "crowd" isn't crazy and you can manage to get a good amount of stuff done. It's by say mid-morning that the park crowds up; also if the park has evening EMH hours it can be busier during the day.
We did the same and it worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter