• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Critique my plans! Kind of character heavy

Hezzy04

DIS Veteran
I am insane and have planned a very busy trip to WDW. I will be traveling with my husband and daughters (ages 4 and 5). Feel free to offer suggestions! I keep hoping my plan isn't too far fetched! While I realize all might not go exactly according to plan, I am hoping that the plan is actually possible if all goes well!!

April 22 - Arrive to POR just in time to go to sleep!

April 23 - Magic Kingdom
9:00 Line up to meet Merida
Winnie the Pooh ride, Pirates, Magic Carpets (possibly meet Aladdin and Jasmine of time)
11:30 Lunch at Columbia Harbour House
12:30 Line up to meet Snow White
Meet Pluto if time
1:25 Line up to meet Aurora (might skip and meet next day)
1:35-2:35 7DMT FP+
2:45 - 3:05 FOF Parade FP+
3:55 - 4:55 Splash FP+
Maybe get pulled pork waffle fries from Golden Oak Outpost if time to bring with us
4:40 Line up to meet Ariana and Naveen
Head back to POR for dinner and sleep

April 24 - Magic Kingdom
8:05 BBB appointment (castle package)
9:40 Line up to meet Gaston
11:00 Lunch at BOG
11:15 - 12:15 7DMT FP+
12:15 - 1:15 Peter Pan's Flight FP+
1:00 Line up to meet Peter Pan
1:45 Line up to meet Fairy Godmother
***I am a little nervous about meeting Peter Pan and getting to FGM in time. If all else fails we will leave PPs line since FGM is more of a priority
2:30 - 3:15 Meet Aurora if time
4:00 1900 Park Fare ADR
5:40 - 6:40 Anna/Elsa FP+
Meet Aurora before or after A&E depending on timing
Back to POR for a bath for the kids, then bed.

April 25 - Epcot

9:00 Spaceship Earth
9:05 - 10:05 Test Track FP+
10:10 - 11:10 Character Spot FP+
10:45 Line up to meet Mulan
Meet Daisy if time
12:00 Akershus ADR
1:45 Meet Donald
2:30 Line up to meet Aladdin and Jasmine
3:00 - 4:00 Figment FP+
4:00 meet Donald and/or Daisy if didn't get to earlier
VISA character M&G
Back to POR for dinner and sleep

April 26 - Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs

9:00 Random rides (BTMRR first, Small World, Little Mermaid ride, Hainted Mansion, Tales with Belle)
10:50 - 11:50 Cinderella and Rapunzel M&G FP+
11:30 Lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus
12:15 - 1:15 7DMT FP+
1:15 Line up to meet stepsisters
2:00 - 3:00 Tinkerbell M&G FP+

Travel to Disney Springs (any advice on quickest way to get there from Magic Kingdom?)

4:30 Dinner at Wolfgand Puck Express
5:30 - 7:30 Shopping
Possibly get Earl of Sandwich to eat later!
Head back to POR

April 27 - Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios
8:00 Tusker House ADR
9:15 husband does single rider at EE (is there single rider for this? How do you get in single rider line!?), I will take girls to meet Chip and Dale
9:40 Dinosaur
10:15 Meet Pocahontas
Head to Hollywood Studios

12:00 - 1:00 ToT FP+
1:05 - 1:20 Frozen show FP+
2:00 - 3:00 Muppet Show and if time, Great Movie Ride
2:25 - 3:25 TSMM FP+ (get in line at 3)
4:00 50s Prime Time ADR
Back to POR

April 28 - Epcot, Magic Kingdom
8:00 Garden Grill ADR
9:30 - 11:00 Nemo ride and aquarium
Bus to Magic Kingdom

12:40 - 1:40 Talking Mickey FP+
1:40 - 4:00 Rides and shopping
4:10 - 5:10 meet Anna and Elsa (as long as we actually make it to this on April 24, I will attempt to switch this...hopefully for BTMRR)
5:30 BOG ADR
7:00 - 8:00 7DMT FP+
Rides until ready to leave!

April 29 - Last day :(

10:00 1900 Park Fare ADR

Flight leaves at 4:50, so I assume DME will pick us up by 2 or a bit earlier.

Just a heads up: Fairy Godmother is no longer in the parks. I was planning on meeting her and she was removed 2 days before I got there.

Your plan looks fine to me - just be prepared to change things up if your family starts to rebel against all of the meet and greets - even when they were young, mine were ok to do a couple but more than that, they didn't want to bother with.

Just a heads up: Fairy Godmother is no longer in the parks. I was planning on meeting her and she was removed 2 days before I got there.

Your plan looks fine to me - just be prepared to change things up if your family starts to rebel against all of the meet and greets - even when they were young, mine were ok to do a couple but more than that, they didn't want to bother with.

Thanks!

I had read about Fairy Godmother not meeting anymore, but forgot!! I feel like there was a lot of back and forth about if she was really gone or not. I guess if she is gone it at least makes the day slightly less chaotic... However, it is sad :(

First thing in the morning they probably won't be doing single rider at EE. Our last trip I remember my husband and I each doing several rides (alone) and they wouldn't even give us baby swaps b/c there was no line. So, we just walked right through the regular line and basically hopped right on...over and over again.

That same trip we also did tons of M&Gs! It was our (then) 2 year olds favorite! If we saw a character we stopped. That was always their favorite!

You're doing WAAAAY more walking and criss-crossing of parks than I would do. You're going to exhaust yourselves AND you're going to have to deal with walking PAST a lot of things that it doesn't seem like you're interested in doing.

I'd never go straight to Winnie the Pooh and then over to Pirates. They're like half a park away from one another! I'd suggest focusing on one or two lands per day and do everything you want to do in those lands rather than crossing parks so much, personally.

Also, EE single rider takes like 10 minutes - but to do Chip and Dale, you have to take the train over to Rafiki's, walk down the long path, wait for C&D and then take the train back. The train ride itself is almost 10 minutes!! And then it's quite a trek over to Dinosaur (and with kids the ages of yours, you'll want to check out the Boneyard for them to play, if it's open).

Your Epcot day is a lot of crisscrossing, too. I'd pick one way to go around the WS and go that way (or at least half and half). Epcot especially is BIG and I avoid any extra walking.

I think it's totally possible to do everything you want to do, but maybe in a more logical way so you don't have to do so much passing by of other things.

Also, best way to DS from MK is to take the monorail or walk to Contemporary and get a bus from there (or another monorail resort if you want a longer monorail ride).

Looks like a lot to do ! But not undo able !

We are going at the same time !!!
My daughter will be 9 and is a past the stage of the meet and greets. Enjoy it !!

Main thing I noticed is no Safari in your plans at Animal Kingdom. That's the best part of the park! I would hit it right after breakfast at Tusker House.

I am curious why you are meeting the same characters multiple times? Cinderella, for example, there's a very good chance you will see at 1900 Park Faire, your fairytale hall fastpass, and Akershus plus probably at the Grand Floridians princess promenade if they are still doing it since your ADR is 4:00 and that is held at 3:30. I have a 4 1/2 yr old & she's at the age where if she meets Cinderella on Monday she wonders why Cinderella doesn't seem to recall their conversation very well when she meets her again on Tuesday. You may want to reconsider some of the princesses you are meeting 3 times for that reason. (Jasmine is another I see 3 possible visits with-Epcot, Akersus, and MK.)

You're doing WAAAAY more walking and criss-crossing of parks than I would do. You're going to exhaust yourselves AND you're going to have to deal with walking PAST a lot of things that it doesn't seem like you're interested in doing.

I'd never go straight to Winnie the Pooh and then over to Pirates. They're like half a park away from one another! I'd suggest focusing on one or two lands per day and do everything you want to do in those lands rather than crossing parks so much, personally.

Also, EE single rider takes like 10 minutes - but to do Chip and Dale, you have to take the train over to Rafiki's, walk down the long path, wait for C&D and then take the train back. The train ride itself is almost 10 minutes!! And then it's quite a trek over to Dinosaur (and with kids the ages of yours, you'll want to check out the Boneyard for them to play, if it's open).

Your Epcot day is a lot of crisscrossing, too. I'd pick one way to go around the WS and go that way (or at least half and half). Epcot especially is BIG and I avoid any extra walking.

I think it's totally possible to do everything you want to do, but maybe in a more logical way so you don't have to do so much passing by of other things.

Also, best way to DS from MK is to take the monorail or walk to Contemporary and get a bus from there (or another monorail resort if you want a longer monorail ride).

I tried to make it so we weren't going back and forth too much, but I will definitely check things out again! It's hard bc we want to meet some of the more difficult characters early in our trip. So that messes with our plans somewhat...but last time we waited and missed out on some! Thanks for the advice, though! I will definitely re-look at everything.

Also...I was wondering if meeting Chip and Dale would even be possible if my husband rode EE. Good to know...sounds like more work than it's worth! Especially since we will meet them at breakfast one day.

I am curious why you are meeting the same characters multiple times? Cinderella, for example, there's a very good chance you will see at 1900 Park Faire, your fairytale hall fastpass, and Akershus plus probably at the Grand Floridians princess promenade if they are still doing it since your ADR is 4:00 and that is held at 3:30. I have a 4 1/2 yr old & she's at the age where if she meets Cinderella on Monday she wonders why Cinderella doesn't seem to recall their conversation very well when she meets her again on Tuesday. You may want to reconsider some of the princesses you are meeting 3 times for that reason. (Jasmine is another I see 3 possible visits with-Epcot, Akersus, and MK.)

Some we are choosing to meet more than once be they are favorites and we want some pics through Memory Maker (like Snow White). As for Cinderella, it's a coincidence! I really wanted to do 1900 for the other characters. Akershus just bc I have 2 little girls who love princesses....and at MK we are only doing the M&G bc it's the only sure way to meet Rapunzel! As for Jasmine...we will either pick Epcot OR Magic Kingdom to meet her at. Only because from what I understand, she meets with Aladdin, and we want to meet him!

Thanks!

I had read about Fairy Godmother not meeting anymore, but forgot!! I feel like there was a lot of back and forth about if she was really gone or not. I guess if she is gone it at least makes the day slightly less chaotic... However, it is sad :(

Fairy Godmother does still meet. She was absent for a couple days because she had lots of wishes to grant, but she's been back the last couple weeks.

Also...I was wondering if meeting Chip and Dale would even be possible if my husband rode EE. Good to know...sounds like more work than it's worth! Especially since we will meet them at breakfast one day.

Chip and Dale will be meeting outside of the park entrance from 9-10, they do not move to RPW until 10:00. I do agree with PP though, I'd skip them, especially since you have a Garden Grill ADR. Instead, meet Flik, Dug & Russell.

You might think about meeting Mickey and Minnie at Adventure Outpost while you are waiting for your husband to ride EE. It is the only location I know of that you can get a picture with both of them at the same time.

Chip and Dale will be meeting outside of the park entrance from 9-10, they do not move to RPW until 10:00. I do agree with PP though, I'd skip them, especially since you have a Garden Grill ADR. Instead, meet Flik, Dug & Russell.

We wanted to meet Chip and Dale bc my girls really want to meet them. Unfortunately, they have no interest in the others. I thought meeting them together at the M&G would be fun, since at Garden Grill I assume we will meet them seperately. I am still debating, though.

So, if Chip and Dale meet outside of the entrance, does that mean I would actually need to leave the park to meet them, then re-enter it after? Seems like a pain....

So, if Chip and Dale meet outside of the entrance, does that mean I would actually need to leave the park to meet them, then re-enter it after? Seems like a pain....

Yes, you would physically have to exit the park. They meet half way between the security check and the ticket windows, so the good news is you wouldn't have to clear through security again!

15897283700_dea3c77c78_m.jpg

This photo is from December, they won't have those hats/scarves on, but the location is the same.

I would try to do more rides/shows at the other Parks than so many character meets. There's no Beauty and the Beast show (age approrpriate and your daughters would love it) in your DHS plans. I would try to do the Boat ride in Mexico or Impressions De France (Seated movie) at Epcot. I would also do a non-character ADR meal or two unless your doing the Dining Plan. It gives you a break from the Character Meal experience. Downtime moments are important to enjoying the trip and not being worn out by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter