Critique My ADRs & ??

Shoshana

Mouseketeer
My 12-yr-daughter and I arrive Dec 12 (woo hoo!) and we're staying at POFQ for the first time. We're on the dining plan and we really enjoy character meals. We do not have park hoppers. This will be our first fantasmic, osborne lights, and candlelight processional! Here is the plan:

MK Sat 12, Plaza or Poly Sushi Bar (pay out of pocket)
MK Sun 13, 6:30p; Chef Mickey
HS Mon 14, 5:00p; Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg
MK Tue 15, 11:00a; Cape May, + MVMCP
AK Wed 16, 1:30p Tusker House
EP Thu 17, 3:00p Garden Grill Candlelight Processional Pkg
MK Fri 18, 5:00p Rainforest Cafe DTD (with local friends, pay out of pocket)
MK Sat 19, 1:00p CRT + 5:45 CA Grill

Questions:
Are the Fantasmic & Candelight Packages ONE dinner (I know CRT & CA Grill are TWO)
I have 9 meals booked for an 8 night stay, not including 2 that I'll pay out of pocket.
I booked CA Grill because I thought it would be fun to return and watch Wishes & fireworks from their. We've never done that before.

Do you see any fixes, or inexpensive (cough cough) solutions?

Thank you!

The Fantasmic Dining package is 1 TS credit and is a good value on the dining plan.

The CP is 2 TS credits.

I would skip California Grill. You have a 1 PM at CRT (2 credits) and so I would just enjoy my lunch and then have a CS dinner, take the boat over to the Grand and watch wishes from there. For free. If you keep CG and have dinner it is 2 TS credits. I think it is a waste if the only reason is so that you can go back to see the fireworks. That is a lot of traveling IMO. You can watch Wishes from the veranda at Narcoossees and the music is piped in. If you go to the Grand earlier, take the time to exlore this gorgeous resort. The lobby is decked out in Holiday Finery, the Gingerbread house is up and has Hidden Mickeys that are fun to find. I believe there is still evening entertainment in the lobby.

I know that CM does not get a lot of love here, but we like it and often kick off our trips there.

Mama Melrose is one of our favorites. We have been booking lunch or dinner there the last several trips and have ever been disappointed. I enjoy the wood fired steak.

Tusker House is also a favorite of ours. WE generally book a pre park opening breakfast, but that is just becasue we like to get an early start. ( You can use a snack credit on any size drink at Starbucks. This is a good value IMO)

It has been a while since I had dinner at GG, but it was one of my favorites.

I'm not a fan of Rainforest Cafe, but that is just a matter of personal taste.

WE really enjoy CRT, and have had both lunch and dinner there. Both are good, and while the jury is out in terms of food quality and value, my family has never found that we left with buyers remorse. WE have always enjoyed the meal, the character interaction was very good each time, and the service was also very good. Your ADR is at 1 PM. I would seriously consider cancelling that dinner at CG and simply enjoy your meal at the Castle, with no rush and no worries that you have another 2 credit meal in just a few hours.

Thanks for the advise about CA Grill! You're right, it's a lot of traveling.

We went to CM in 06 and I swore never again. My daughter has begged every year since. I'm not hopeful!

Do you know of another DTD restaurant that would be better for three tweens, two of whom have never been to DTD?

So you did or did not like Mama Melrose? I heard there's a new character meal at Hollywood & Vine, but I doubt I'd be able to get reservations.

If I cancel CA Grill and keep everything else as written, except for the arrival & DTD evenings, I'm at the right amount of credits.

DTD I would go to Raglan Road. Great food and live music Irish dancers! What time is your Cape May ressie? That would be a lot of Travel time on a party night. And, are you sure you want to do the Fantasmic Package and give up some of your Osborne lights times ( I am that person that can stay in the lights for hours lol)?

Thanks for the advise about CA Grill! You're right, it's a lot of traveling.

We went to CM in 06 and I swore never again. My daughter has begged every year since. I'm not hopeful!

Do you know of another DTD restaurant that would be better for three tweens, two of whom have never been to DTD?

So you did or did not like Mama Melrose? I heard there's a new character meal at Hollywood & Vine, but I doubt I'd be able to get reservations.

If I cancel CA Grill and keep everything else as written, except for the arrival & DTD evenings, I'm at the right amount of credits.

We liked cm in August. The food and service and interaction with the characters was good. The buffet was fresh and clean. I will say the food was not always hot enough, but I was trailing two little slow pokey girls.

My whole family likes mama nelrose. Not one complaint in the bunch! The only comment was my son was not fussy about his pork. Nothing wrong with it, he just did not like it.

I would go to Ragkan Road in dtd

DTD I would go to Raglan Road. Great food and live music Irish dancers! What time is your Cape May ressie? That would be a lot of Travel time on a party night. And, are you sure you want to do the Fantasmic Package and give up some of your Osborne lights times ( I am that person that can stay in the lights for hours lol)?

Thank you, shortnsassy730 and Nancyg56 for the Raglan Road suggestion! I'm going to change the reservation.
No, I'm not sure I want to see Fantasmic. I know we want to see Osborne lights. Maybe I'll try to change that as well.
The Cape May breakfast is at 11 a.m. after our late night at DHS seeing Osborne Lights. I figured we'd just go to breakfast, then back to our hotel and relax before the MVMCP. I have no idea how long it will take to get there, maybe too much of a hassle?

Thanks to both of you -- your suggestions are excellent!!

Thank you, shortnsassy730 and Nancyg56 for the Raglan Road suggestion! I'm going to change the reservation.
No, I'm not sure I want to see Fantasmic. I know we want to see Osborne lights. Maybe I'll try to change that as well.
The Cape May breakfast is at 11 a.m. after our late night at DHS seeing Osborne Lights. I figured we'd just go to breakfast, then back to our hotel and relax before the MVMCP. I have no idea how long it will take to get there, maybe too much of a hassle?

WE have not always stayed for the show, but the package is a great value so we always book it. If we decide to head out, we give our vouchers to a family who wants them. I would not change the package if I was you, you may not get to choose the dessert but the appetizer is included and Mama Melrose has delicious choices.

I did nto see where you are staying. If it is possibel, keep the cape May breakfast. Go a bit early and spend time in the Epcot Resorts checking out the lobbies. They are beautifully decorated, and well worth the travel, especially since you want to have breakfast at the Beach Club anyway. We always plan a few hours even if we do not have dining in mind.

The YC/BC both have substantial displays in their lobbies and again, pleny of hidden Mickeys to entice you all to take closer looks. The Boardwalk Inn has a display and while is not as big, the resort is woth visiting while you are there.

Nancy, we're staying at POFQ. We've never seen the Epcot resorts so it is a good time top visit! Thanks!

Do you have park passes for every day, including your MVMCP day? If not, you can add a day for about $10 pp. The reason I ask/suggest is your transportation to Cape May. If you don't have a car, you'll need to bus to EP or HS and then bus to the Beach Club or take a taxi from your resort. If you have park tickets, you can bus to EP and walk through. It might be worth it to get one more ride on Soarin' or TT with a FP+.

I would keep Cape May since it's morning time (I thought it may be dinner). You can check out the Christmas decorations at the various resorts after around the lake after!

Nancy, we're staying at POFQ. We've never seen the Epcot resorts so it is a good time top visit! Thanks!
POFQ is my favorite moderate resort and is actually one of my family's all time favorite resorts. When my DGD was 12 we stayed at the BC, thinking she would love it. She liked it, but we took a "field trip" to POFQ to show her Pa the resort she loves and to have lunch.
The boatride to and from DTD is lovely, especially at night.

Do you have park passes for every day, including your MVMCP day? If not, you can add a day for about $10 pp. The reason I ask/suggest is your transportation to Cape May. If you don't have a car, you'll need to bus to EP or HS and then bus to the Beach Club or take a taxi from your resort. If you have park tickets, you can bus to EP and walk through. It might be worth it to get one more ride on Soarin' or TT with a FP+.

WE did exactly this when we stayed at POFQ for a Holiday trip. It was before the FP thing, but the stroll through Epcot was lovely when we used it as a "shortcut" to Cape May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter