Critique my ADRs?

akmomesq

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time at WDW; we're flying in from Alaska - only 23 more days to go!

I've been fretting over our ADRs, wondering if I've chosen well, or if I'm missing something that shouldn't be missed.

We arrive at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday (2/23) and will have been traveling since 1 p.m. AK time the day before.

Saturday: T Rex 3 p.m. (we figured it's late enough to eat, we'll be back to the hotel around 5, for an early night.)

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Monday, Mama Melrose (lunch)
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)
Wednesday, H.O.B. after La Nouba
Thursday - Universal Studios
Friday Spirit of Aloha show
Saturday Le Celier for dinner
Sunday the Hoop Dee Doo Review/dinner

We don't leave until the following Wednesday evening so I have free days to fill.

I'd welcome any opinions - if I've missed something that shouldn't be missed, or made a particularly bad choice, I'm all ears!

Thank in advance!

akmomesq said:
This will be our first time at WDW; we're flying in from Alaska - only 23 more days to go!

I've been fretting over our ADRs, wondering if I've chosen well, or if I'm missing something that shouldn't be missed.

We arrive at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday (2/23) and will have been traveling since 1 p.m. AK time the day before.

Saturday: T Rex 3 p.m. (we figured it's late enough to eat, we'll be back to the hotel around 5, for an early night.)

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)

We don't leave until the following Wednesday evening so I have free days to fill.

I'd welcome any opinions - if I've missed something that shouldn't be missed, or made a particularly bad choice, I'm all ears!

Thank in advance!

Hey there!

This sounds like a fun filled plan you have! For not having been before you've definitely picked some winners in my book!

Good choices, but I'd skip spirit of aloha. In my opinion, a stinker, both the food and show.

Good choices, but I'd skip spirit of aloha. In my opinion, a stinker, both the food and show.

I have to agree here. Spirit of Aloha is just not worth the cash or dining plan credits. IMO you'd do better at 'Ohana. The food great! And there is entertainment on a smaller scale.

Other than that you've got some great choices!! :cool1:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check out Ohana and see about switching.
Much appreciated!

Agree on the recommendation regarding the Ohana instead of the Spirit of Aloha. Ohana is the best, we just made our reservation for June dinner. Great family time!

Yikes. I'm having trouble getting an ADR at Ohana!
Is it possible to sometimes get in closer to the date? If I just keep checking between now and the day we want to go, is there a chance of getting in? I thought we were going during a fairly slow time but no luck.

I'm going to go against the grain on Spirit of Aloha - we liked it. The show is cheesy but cute (loved the fire dancer!). And they've apparently just gotten a new menu. I liked most of the food on the old menu with the exception of the ribs and the volcano dessert, which are both gone now.

That said, we also liked 'Ohana, so it's not like it would be a tragedy to switch or anything. And you also have Hoop De Doo, so you'd still see at least one dinner show.

We have also visited Sanaa and Le Cellier from your list and loved them. They are both in my top 5 favorites on property.

I agree about skipping Spirit of Aloha. We liked it, didn't "love" it and wouldn't do it again However, HDDR we are doing again this trip. Want our 8 y.o. DGD to see it. It's fun to say the least. We're staying at POLY this time and cannot wait to try O'Hana's for dinner at least once during our stay. Never ate at Mama Melrose's but at HS we really enjoyed 50's Prime Time good fun and good food and the Sci-Fi Drive-in Theater is really different. Love their BLT soup! Just something different having lunch in a drive-in movie atmosphere...that would be my suggestions for lunch at HS. You chose great places...Too many choices, never enough time! ::sad2:

akmomesq said:

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)

Thank in advance!

Some of my faves not to be missed:
Raglans at DTD
Tokyo Dining
Sci fi dine in or 50prime time. I have to say that I was not impresses with mama Melroses. It felt like an Olive Garden or worse. Not very Disney feeling.
Bier garden is pretty good
And most others around Epcot.
Remember try to book your reservations where you want to be for the night. Or close to it that way you don't have to waste too much time traveling,

what resort are you staying at? Maybe try to eat there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter