Cricut

Honeybehr1

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Hey I was a newlywe
I wanted one when QVC had them on last week but they were $300 and I had a hard time justifing it. Joannes has a 50% off coupon today and one for tomorrow, so I went to Michaels thinking of buying some storage thingies. Well they have the Cricut in. Its $299 but you can use the 50% off coupon to make it $149. the only difference is that QVC came with a second alphabet. But still at 50% off I will take it.

So now I need to have DH give that to me for Mother's Day if he says yes(and I dont think there will be a problem) tomorrow I am going to go back and use my other coupon for another alphabet (reg 89.99)

woohooo :cheer2: :cheer2:

I walked in my local Michaels yesterday and what did I see enclosed in a special case? A Cricut! They don't have any in at that store yet but a friend who works there got a chance to play with it last week. She'll be doing the demos and she really likes it. She said that Michaels will also be carrying the cartridges (a whole endcap full).

I've heard mixed info on whether the 40% off coupon will be able to be used, so I guess we'll be checking the small print on our coupons, lol!

Jeanne

I was at Michaels tonite. Talked to the store manager. He said the cricut is very easy to use and there are a lot of accessories. Said coupons can be used on the machine and accessories when they are regular price. They will be demoing it on Saturdays at our store.

He said they got 6 in yesterday and have sold 2 already. He said it will be the "xbox" for adults in terms of availability. He said Provo is already having trouble keeping up with the orders and demands.

We are in the process of cleaning out our house and going through all the stuff our daughter has left with us, ds13)'s toys, my mom and grandparents stuff we "inherited", and having a series of garage sales. After getting a few things for the house, I want to use some of the money to get a cricut, I think.

I am anxious to hear how those of you that have it like it and if you will still use your sizzix as well.

Keep the rest of us informed! :cool1:

Well, it turns out that my friend who works at Michaels picked up a Cricut last weekend! She was able to use a coupon and she's been playing with it this week. She's doing some demos today at Michaels but tomorrow we are scrapping and guess who gets to play with it? :cool1: Can't wait! :cool1:

I did notice that JoAnn's new coupon that I got in the mail yesterday said that it couldn't be used on Cricut. :guilty:

Jeanne

I checked over my Michael's coupon very carefully today. No mention of cricut, just the 40% off everything (except the ususal).

Now how to justify buying it when my Sizzix is gathering dust in the closet. (Those "little people" seemed like such a good idea at the time.)

Are all of the extra cartridges about $90? :rolleyes: let's see birthdays, Mother's Days and Christmas for the next two years...

I have 5 more days to wait until I can use it and it is driving me nuts. Its sitting in the box next to my scrap desk just screaming out to be used. Cant you hear it? :rotfl:

Is that the newest machine that cuts out alphabet letters for titles? Do you think use will justify the cost? Up here we can drop in and crop till our hearts content for about $5 per session and we can use all the alphabets for free during that time. Is it about the convenience of having a machine at home? I'm debating but I'm not sure about the cost and up here, the BEST coupon we ever get it 40% (then we have 15% tax!) ...

... one glitch to our 40% coupon... "good only on items in-stock" ...
cricut is out of stock and there is some sort of magical waiting list (I think you have to bring the manager cookies).

Hurry up, I say! The coupon expires on the 14th and there is no way I can justify the full cost.

Honeybehr- why do you have to wait? Are you a super disciplined scrapper who can contain this affliction to the weekends?

justjulie said:
Is that the newest machine that cuts out alphabet letters for titles? Do you think use will justify the cost? Up here we can drop in and crop till our hearts content for about $5 per session and we can use all the alphabets for free during that time. Is it about the convenience of having a machine at home? I'm debating but I'm not sure about the cost and up here, the BEST coupon we ever get it 40% (then we have 15% tax!) ...

Yes the newest one cuts out the letters for you. The closest store near me that offers that is about 1/2 hr away and you have to sign up for a crop which isnt very convient. It is definately more convient for me to have the machine. Think of all the money that is spent on alphabet stickers. Plus dont ya just hate it when you go to put a title together and you missing a letter.
I dont think I would have bought it if it wasnt 50% off. It was alot of money, my scrappinb budget has been spent for many of months. I just have to wait till Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter