Cricut Imagine

MinnieLove

Mouseketeer
So I have secretly wanted a Cricut for years. I made an impulse buy on BF and bought an Imagine machine for under 200. To be honest I wasnt even sure what the difference was between this and the standard machine.

So now I am second guessing my purchase??? Should I have gotten an E2? Can the Imagine do everything an E2 does? Should I return it? :sad2::sad2:

how much does the replacement ink cost?? I have been wondering this for awhile now. I'm not sure what all the E2 does but I think the imagine does everything mine does

I think it would really depend on if you like the "Inking" that it does - since it doesn't work with SCAL I haven't really looked at it too close so I hope someone else comments but the inking is the one thing that the E2 doesn't do

Does the Imagine take regular cartridges too? I don't think it does. The E2 does, but does not print...

It does take the Cricut cartridges and the Imagine cartridges.

The ink cost is approx. $20 for black and $20 for color. I dont really think I will print that much. I have a lot of paper that needs to be used.

Oh to keep or return...that is the question

I have been using the Cricut machines for over three years... I started with the small original Cricut - Upgraded to the Expression --- purchased the Gypsy over a year ago. I have over 50 carts. I do not have the E2.

I finally purchased the Imagine about 2 months ago --- it is much more complicated to use - and not near as user friendly. I've been fighting that machine ever since I bought it!!

If you are not familiar with the basics of the original Cricut Machine, I would not recommend a newbie picking up the Imagine as their first machine.

The biggest difference between the Imagine and the other machines is the Imagine prints. But - the other machines are more "simple" and much easier to use. Even though i have the Imagine now -- i only use it when I'm using it conjunction with the Cricut Craft Room on the computer (for layering complicated projects) or if i want to print something from an Imagine Cartridge. Otherwise, I go back to the Expressions for all other projects/cuts.

If I were you, i would see if you could explore/borrow/buy used a different Cricut Machine (even if it's the original "baby bug") before trying to take on the Imagine.

Have fun!!

I agree. I think that the Imagine is not user friendly. I have had the original cricut for a long time and have over 50 carts as well. I made an impulse buy on it when I saw it on HSN. I SO wish I would have spent my money on the expression.:confused3

I just returned mine. I pondered it for weeks, but decided to put the money toward an iPad 3. I figure I can still get my scrapping fix with the Tap N Scrap app. :thumbsup2

I looked into the Image, but when I realized you had to purchase carts and inks I said no! I don't want to sink too much money into ink - I'd rather buy carts and paper!! I think you could do some different things with basic paper and a versamark stamp. Plus I don't like all the color combos with Image.

Try out a baby bug and have some fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter