Cricut Help Please

Tinkerbell58

DIS Veteran
My friend is having a birthday next week and thought I would get her something for her Cricut. I know nothing about Cricut and wanted to get something that wasn't too expensive; maybe around $15-$20. She's just getting started. Any suggestions?

I have Michael's coupons, but Cricut is exempt from the discount. Is there anything other than the Cricut brand that you would use that I could use the coupon? TIA

Cricut tool kit I actually bought mine at walmart but thats idea. How about some cardstock or paper for her to use with cricut to cut stuff from.

Last resort idea is gift card to store to get what she wants.

An extra sticky plate for it? (I'm not sure what it's called.) My sister said she has to replace hers every once in awhile because it starts to lose its stick.

They also sell color inks (like a special marker set) that are used with the Cricut. I always like different cardstock and patterned papers for scrapping, too.

Cutting mats, replacement blades, the spatula tool (it is/was separate from the tool kit and I use it all the time). A paper cutter (the Cricut takes 6x12 paper, unless she has the Expression it will take larger sheets. I cut a lot of paper in half.) The Cricut markers are a lot of fun, a friend gave me those as a gift and I really like them.

If you have a Hobby Lobby you can check and see if they have any cartridges on clearance....on the Cricut message board someone posted they found carts on clearance for $17. If she's just starting out she may not have many carts....

How about a Disney cartridge!!!:rotfl: I don't know how much they are, i just keep hoping one of my cricut-having-friends gets one so I can go to town on my Disney scrapbooks!:lmao:

My favorite purchase was my Sure Cuts Alot software. Now I can use my cricut to cut out any true type font on my computer :)

Also, you can use coupons on Cricut accessories at Joann Fabrics, if you have one of those close to you. :) (I think it's the Michael's coupons that specify the machine and cartridges, and you can use those at JoAnns. I got my deep cut blade for only $15 with a 50% off coupon!)

Extra mats and blades are always useful.

Michaels is also having a sale on cartridges this weekend some for $29.99 some for $39.99.

Michael's also has a nice Martha Stewart scoring board which is nice if she plans on making cards. You can us a coupon for it.

Denise in MI

My favorite purchase was my Sure Cuts Alot software. Now I can use my cricut to cut out any true type font on my computer :)

Also, you can use coupons on Cricut accessories at Joann Fabrics, if you have one of those close to you. :) (I think it's the Michael's coupons that specify the machine and cartridges, and you can use those at JoAnns. I got my deep cut blade for only $15 with a 50% off coupon!)

You can use Michael's coupons at Joann's? The Michael's coupons I have specifically say not good on Cricut and accessories, and I can use it on Cricut at Joann's? I didn't know that. I have a Joann's Fabrics close by.

go to customcrops.com if you place an order soon you will get it pretty quickly and should be in time...they have the BEST prices on all things cricut and may be having sales right now. Last I saw they were getting rid of their christmas cartritges for 12 bucks (I got some) There isnt any other place cheaper than them that I have found. HTH.

amanda

An extra sticky plate for it? (I'm not sure what it's called.) My sister said she has to replace hers every once in awhile because it starts to lose its stick.

DD has had her Expression for over 2 years now and has not bought a new pad yet. She bought a can of "removable spray adhesive" that she uses instead. I think that the can was a couple of dollars and you can use a coupon at JoAnn or Michaels to get it even cheaper.

DD has had her Expression for over 2 years now and has not bought a new pad yet. She bought a can of "removable spray adhesive" that she uses instead. I think that the can was a couple of dollars and you can use a coupon at JoAnn or Michaels to get it even cheaper.

Another way to get more mileage from a cutting mat is to clean it with baby wipes. It will remove all the stuck on paper fibers and the mat will be sticky again.

go to customcrops.com if you place an order soon you will get it pretty quickly and should be in time...they have the BEST prices on all things cricut and may be having sales right now. Last I saw they were getting rid of their christmas cartritges for 12 bucks (I got some) There isnt any other place cheaper than them that I have found. HTH.

amanda

Thank you!! What great deals! As someone who owns more than 20 catridges, I wish I had known about this site earlier, but at least I know now.

Thanks again!!

Thank you!! What great deals! As someone who owns more than 20 catridges, I wish I had known about this site earlier, but at least I know now.

Thanks again!!

yeah I own about 30 cartridges and MOST of them I have bought from them....get on their mailing list so they will send you when their sales are...they all go 29.99 at some points through out the year...

Thanks again!!

I just got a expression and was thinking I would recommend custom crops when I saw this thread. I got my first bunch of cartridges from them because they have such great prices. If you don't want to order something online, I would recommend getting a nice paper pack from Michael's or JoAnn's of solid basic colors, you can never have to much of the solid basic range of colors.

Oh! Also, if you go to the creative community here on the boards then go to the scrapbooking sub thread, there are a ton of people over there with cricuts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter