cricut create experts?

KATHINOWA

DIS Veteran
any experts out there? i just opened my cricut create and it won't cut anything. the blade assembly is in the right position; i've changed the blade; the pressure is on high; i've set the blade at 6. it's going through the motions of cutting the shape but the blade isn't even touching the paper.

any suggestions?

Hi Kath - when i set up my friend's Create a few weeks ago, we noticed that although the housing assembly seemed to be in the right position, it was not cutting. I took it apart, placed the blade back in again, and it worked. Check it out again.

it has something to do with the black housing for the blade assembly. when i hold it down it cuts but it doesn't go up and down on its own (like i imagine it should). i'll call customer service tomorrow.

thanks!

That's what I was going to say. There are 2 places on the housing where you think it should attach too. You need to put it in, so the housing sits lower. It's the section in the middle of the housing, not the bottom section where it attaches.

it is actually sitting in the right place. i've checked with the dvd and online and the manuals. it's sitting on the middle indent and there is a "spool-like" part still sitting below the black cradle. the black cradle is unstable in that i can push it down and move it around. if i hold it down it makes cntact with the paper and cuts but it doesn't do it on its own.

thanks for the advice.

It sounds like a problem with the machine. Have you been able to get it resolved yet? If CS wants to replace it for you, I'd decline and exchange it at the store instead, if you have that option. It may be weeks before you get it exchanged from PC CS. They're not always the best about timely resolutions to issues like this.

My DH ordered it through amazon so we sent it back. I figure it wasn't worth it since it was broken from the beginning. He told me to order the expression as a replacement.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter