Cribs? Pack-n-plays? Both?

mulderxcoltrane

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I know that WDW resorts have pack and plays for little ones, but do they also have the option of portable cribs?

We're bringing an 11-month old and tried her in a pack-n-play this week and...it's not going well. We're wondering if a crib would be better?

If they don't offer them from the hotel, is there a place from where you can rent one for the week?

- D

Disney only provides pack n' plays. They are alot easier to store when not in use and much easier for the Mousekeeping staff to tote around and put up in your room.

Depending on where you are staying, a crib, even if you found a place locally to rent one, may not fit in the room without becoming a hazard. Especially the values.

I believe the resorts have some cribs however it's not a guarantee and I've heard with the exception of BLT cribs aren't full size. Two companies that are talked about on these boards are A Baby's Best Friend and my personal choice Orlando Crib Rental. We have used OCR twice now and will be using them again in October. I believe the cost to rent a crib from them is $70/week.

We had 3 cribs in a Grand Floridian room. Definitely not pack n plays. That was 5 1/2 years ago, but we're going in December with a 5 month old and I've read several places that we'll be able to get a crib at the Beach Club. They do say that it's based upon availability, so I guess if you 100% HAD to have a crib it might be safer to rent one.

I have been told that real cribs are being phased out. I would rent a crib from an offsite company. We are using ABBF for our trip in September because of the great reviews on these boards and because they leave them with guest services. I am not wild about scheduling someone to bring them and pick them up.

I have been told that real cribs are being phased out. I would rent a crib from an offsite company. We are using ABBF for our trip in September because of the great reviews on these boards and because they leave them with guest services. I am not wild about scheduling someone to bring them and pick them up.

I wonder what the logic behind phasing cribs out would be. :confused3

I wonder what the logic behind phasing cribs out would be. :confused3

For the same rationale why they finally put fridges in the values or eliminating resort-specific merchandise. It is all about the bottom line.

Pack n' plays are easier to store when not in use; they take up less room. Less building to cool in the summer; heat in the winter; lights; etc. Multiply that times 23 resorts and there is a huge savings.

They are also easier for most of the mousekeeping staff to handle and install in your room. Cribs are more unwieldy when being carried by someone who may not have the strength or height to carry them.

As in the fridges in the values, it was less money to provide them for every room, then have additional space to store them and additional staff to cart them back and forth each week to the rooms that needed them.

Resort specific merchandise takes up alot more room in a full warehouse; full staff to sort and get it to each resort. Just order and deliver the same stuff to each resort saves money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter