• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cribs in POR???????

WDWChick

Disney Veteran
I'm staying at POR in Sept and I was wondering if I can order a crib for my daughter.
If I can, do I request it now or at check-in???
Does it cost extra??
Is there enough room for a crib, or should we just put her in bed with her brother?

Any info would be great!!! Thanks!

We're going in Oct and requested a crib when we made reservations. They don't have real cribs though, they're pack and plays. I'm not sure if DS2 will sleep in it, but we'll have it just in case.

We are staying at POFQ in Sept and I requested one when I made my reservation. I also plan on making sure they know I need one when I check in. This past May we stayed at the FW cabins and there was a pack n play in the closet. We did have to call mousekeeping for sheets. I had blankets for him so I didn't need to ask for them.

Putting a crib in the rooms at PO can make it tight. The other thing you might want to consider is requesting bedrails and then putting the two children in the same bed. That way you don't have to worry about the play and pak ... and where you will put it. It does not cost anything extra ... but I know they do not typically guarantee that you will get one as they have a limited supply at each resort.

We have done both and found that, in our case, since we only have one, that when younger (18 months to 2 years), I just slept with him in the bed to keep him from falling out and as he got older we just used the bedrails. It all depends on what you want to do. But, now that they've added the refrigerators to the rooms at the PO it is a tighter fit now than it used to be.

Be sure to note that you want the play and pak on your ressie. Then when you check in, immediately call housekeeping to tell them you want it, if it is not in the room.

I would put the pack n play behind the curtained off sink area. You'll have plenty of room there and your little one will have some privacy if you're watching tv.

The POR AB beds are very high off the floor. Request bedrails for young ones.

Have fun! :flower:

We requested a crib when we booked our hotel room last year and also for our upcoming vacation this November. It is actually a pack n' play, which was already set up when we got to the room. They gave us two sets of sheets, incase of an accident I guess :-) My DD actually sleeps better in a pack n' play than her crib; I have no clue why! Oh, I do always bring one of her small comforters or blankets with us (one that she has been using and is NOT washed before the trip) so she feels comforted and makes her feel more "at home". Make sure you have her favorite teddy or blankie too. That makes all the difference. We had a room with two double beds and we just put the pack n' play between the bed and the wall, closest to the door. Hope this helps!

Oh, I forgot to mention that it does not cost extra for a crib. If I were you I would call and let them know you will need one and then ask about it again at check in time.

We requested one for our trip this past spring and were told that they could not guarantee it. DH called shortly before our trip and found that it was no longer on our rservation request. The lady he spoke to placed it back on the request saying that she wouldn't want to have our baby sleeping in a dresser drawer. Upon check in we found that it wasn't in the room but would be brought to our room shortly. We never used it though, DD didn't like the Pac N' Play. Just inquire before your trip to double check that it's on your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter