Credit vs Cash question?

RLP817

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are checking into the Yacht Club in 2 days! Can you tell me... when shopping and making purchase at Disney parks can I charge them to my room and then pay for it all at once when checking out? I know once we get onboard the Wonder we will have an acct. that we charge everthing to and then just pay with the credit card that I have on file. I'm trying to figure out how much cash I need to bring. I don't mind using my debit card if I can just make 2 transactions, but I don't want to be using it time and time again only to have to keep track of that many deductions :)

It is my understanding that when charging to your room, you pay the final bill when you check out. If this is wrong, someone here will let us know!

When you check in at the Yacht Club, you'll be asked if you would like to have charging priviledges on your room keys. Since the Yacht Club is a deluxe resort your "limit" will be $1500. Once that limit is reached, your card will be charged and you start over again with another $1500.

The card you use for charging does not have to be the same one you use to pay for your room. And you can use a debit card for the charging (no hold is put on your card). Everything will hit your account at the end of your stay unless you want to go back to the front desk to "pay" off some of it. You can also ask for a printout of your current charges at any point during your stay.

Remember that not every single kiosks in Disney World will take plastic so you should have a small amount of cash on you just in case. Most places do but there are an occasional one here and there that don't.

Yes you can charge to you room, you will have a limit placed on your card, a pre approval from your bank the hotel will tell you the limit but, if you need it higher just the the hotel know.

tigerlily952

We were at the YC from June 13-19. We did this and it was great. The previous trip we used our debit card alot and it was hard to get track of all the transactions. It was nice to see only 1 from the YC with all purchases. I've read on these boards about a limit of $1,500 at deluxes, but we went over that and they didn't charge us twice, 1 amount when we check out.

Have a great stay at the YC, we loved it!!!!!

:beach:

Yes you can charge to you room, you will have a limit placed on your card, a pre approval from your bank the hotel will tell you the limit but, if you need it higher just the the hotel know.

You can't get a higher limit than the hotel will allow ($500 for Values, $1,000 for Moderates and $1,500 for Deluxes), but if you hit the limit before you check out, you can have the amount charged to your credit/debit card and start over.

We received one (1) hit to our debit card from the YC and it was over $1,600. I wish is it was lower, but it wasn't and we there a couple weeks ago

If you have a card on file, you are flagged for express checkout and therefore won't stop by the desk to check out on the final day. Your card will be charged at midnight the night before you check out, so if you want to pay in a way other than that CC, you must do that the night before.

Remember that not every single kiosks in Disney World will take plastic so you should have a small amount of cash on you just in case. Most places do but there are an occasional one here and there that don't.

All of those little carts throughout MK that are suppose to be able to take your room card frequently are down and unable to connect by wireless to their system. At least they were for us throughout most of last year. Please keep some money handy. It was a real pain for us to have to find an indoor kiosk to pickup a bottle of pop, popcorn, ice cream etc. when these carts are sitting right in front of you. Very frustrating!

tigerlily952
If you use a credit or debit card to back up your room charge, the resort WILL NOT get any pre-approval from your bank, and your bank will have no say on the limit of the room charge account.

They swipe your card and run a charge of zero dollars and zero cents. When that "transaction" is approved by the bank/card issuer, the resort knows the card is valid and is attached to an existing account.

They do not check your account balance (debit card) or available credit (credit card). The upper limit of the room charge is determined by level of resort ... $500 for Values, $1,000 for Moderates, and $1,500 for Deluxes. You can can request a lower limit, if you like.

But trust me on this one, they do not seek approval from your bank for a certain amount, and the amount of your room charge is not determined by your bank/credit account.

And disnut was 100% correct ... NO HOLD is placed on the card/account.

Thanks for all your input. Everything is already paid for so my concern was basically not having to carry too much cash to pay for let's say dinner, shopping, etc. Obviously I will carry some cash, but to not have to keep track of a bunch of transactions on my debit card will be great, just one at the end. We are only there for 2 days so hopefully my 'charge' won't be too bad:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter