• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Credit question/clarification

P00H1010

DIS Veteran
Hello, I am helping a friend decide if the dining plan would work for their upcoming family trip. We have never done the dining plan so I wanted to make sure I was giving the correct information.

I have explained everything to them about the basics of the plan but I did want to verify how QS credits work. You can choose any entrée from a location right? (As long as that location accepts the dining plan of course)

For example...they had asked me about Flame Tree BBQ. They were confused because the menu they had looked at had the DDP symbol on it for only a couple items. They were looking to get the ribs and were bummed because they thought that they could only get items with that symbol.
I know that symbol is for snack credits only (which I explained them).
But they could order anything they wanted off of a menu for a quick service credit...correct? There are no limitations like with the snack credits.

Thanks!! :)

Although any of those snack items can be used as the dessert part of the credit. So at Flame Tree you could get the chicken & ribs combo with onion rings as "dessert"

Although any of those snack items can be used as the dessert part of the credit. So at Flame Tree you could get the chicken & ribs combo with onion rings as "dessert"
I didn't realize that. I thought it had to be something off of the dessert menu. I will pass that info along to them. Thanks!!!

Hi, we just got back and used the DDP.

We ate at Flame Tree and I got the full rack of ribs (new addition since they updated menu on 3/1). I then got a soda as well as subbed my dessert for a bottle of water for later. So overall, my 'meal' would've been $26 OOP but instead it was part of the plan. It was a great deal and honestly I could've shared my meal as it was a lot of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter